April 28, 2024, 03:55:13 AM

Author Topic: Weired or intresting exp while watching TWC Local Forecast, OCM, etc...  (Read 2447 times)

Offline TWC Fan

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 270
  • SD Channel #: 099
  • SD WxStar ID #: ?
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
19XX: While I keep on seeing this commercial on TWC long ago, I was wondering what they mean by reflect the fuse of TWC?

1992: In Chicago, local forecast was playing with no music when the flavor changed back in late 1992, only national feed was playing.

1993: While I was at Radio Shack, I was watching TWC on the satellite feed back in 1993 I think. I remember the song that I head. It was Physical Therapy - Wishbone. In 1993, TWC was having errors in my area and the local forecast was looping a flavor that show the Outlook first and something happened. The screen turned green until TWC feed got fixed. Remember Tri State weather? My station ID was 1917. You can get music playing during that time. When the station ID changed to 20xx, there was no narration playing, only the national feed was playing back in 1993 and you can also hear Tri State weather. The old travel cities forecast was playing on the new L flavor for some reason while no music was playing in 93. Local forecast was playing the WS3000 narration in the national feed in Chicago. When Network Music came in 1993, I'm not sure about other areas but in Chicago, the weather channel was having local forecast errors. The national feed was playing WS3000 narration. It was like this for 1,2 or 3 days.

1994: While I was kn Frankfort, KY, in the summer, the local forecast was playing the WS3000 narration in the national feed in that area.

1994 or 1995: When I was over my friends house in 94 or 95 while the Network Music was ending, the only music that was playing was, Ficara - Twilight.

March 1, 1995: During the flavor changes, I notice the DE flavor's  segment duration. The Current Radar didn't have much time. I can tell by hearing the background of TWC or tv commercials. The segment should be like the D flavor segment duration.

1996: In 1996, while I was looking at the K flavor playing Physical Therapy - Wishbone, at the Local Radar screen, there was no banner or whatever you call it at the top of the screen. I also remember when TWC in Chicago was having problem's. Our local forecast feed or something was having errors so somehow, they changed it to Atlanta feed of local forecast for a short time.

I'll add more if I can remember more.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 08:19:51 PM by TWC Fan »

Offline twcclassics

• Classic TWC Expert
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • TWC Classics
  • Cable Provider: DirecTV
  • HD Channel #: 362
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
1994 or 1995: When I was over my friends house in 94 or 95 while the Network Music was ending, the only music that was playing was, Ficara - Twilight.
Not possible. Ficara wasn't introduced until the spring of '96 and "Twilight" didn't debut until '98.
TWC Classics Webmaster
https://twcclassics.com

Offline TWC Fan

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 270
  • SD Channel #: 099
  • SD WxStar ID #: ?
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
That might be it.

You're right about that!

Ah ok! Now I remember what is was and sounded like but I have to find the track.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 07:03:53 PM by TWC Fan »