April 27, 2024, 01:25:56 AM

Author Topic: Runtime Errors  (Read 2573 times)

Offline TStormWarn

• View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 362 (HD)
  • SD Channel #: 362 (SD)
Runtime Errors
« on: January 15, 2010, 09:42:30 PM »
Hello,

Received my CINE account log on last night.  Follow the instructions step by step.  Upon first launch of WeatherScan Local XL and entering of name and key, key was accepted but before the actual program launched I received "Error: Access violation at <random memory address> (program failed to write to <same random memory address> program terminated."  Running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit, tried to launch the program in compat mode but that changed the hardware id the program generated and has invalidated my original key
I believe.  Seeing as the program failed to write to a specific address the only thing I could think of was my hardware dep setting is for all apps, I changed that back to the default windows system programs and services only and upon launch I now get the program splash screen telling me it's updating and to stand by for my local forecast ;p followed by the program terminating with the error   "Run-time error -2147220850 (80040283) File Open Error" >.<  Any ideas? at this point I do not know if my key is still valid.  Also I don't know if it will help but I have nothing 64 bit OS I am dependent on, I can switch to Win7 x86 if need be.

Offline TStormWarn

• View Profile
Re: Runtime Errors
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2010, 09:51:05 PM »
 :( anyone?
EDIT: Setup a dual boot and tried with Windows 7 x86, same runtime error ""Run-time error -2147220850 (80040283)"

Offline cc17926

• Administrator
  • TWC Today Curator
    • View Profile
  • WxStar Version: XL
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2010, 02:41:43 AM »
the program must be setup to run as administrator.. for some reason, when its setup (which i cant figure out how its doing this) it doesnt allow the program to write back to the files in its own directory. that means even running the setaffil.exe program as administrator to set your ID. try like that and let us know how that works out.

Offline TStormWarn

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2010, 09:51:34 PM »
No luck with that either.  I've also tried running the whole process start to finish as admin with no luck.  Martin tried helping me out the other night with TeamViewer connection also with no luck.  Same error.  Also, you mentioned that it is not allowing the program to write back files to its own directory, does this include the key+hardware ID info as well? WSXL.exe will report the key is valid and has been stored first launch, after the crash we I try to relaunch it asks for the key again and reports invalid after that.  Martin regenerated my key while we were troubleshooting and after the first attempt it will keep asking and report invalid.

Offline TStormWarn

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2010, 10:18:31 PM »
Possible solutions, sent you a PM.