April 28, 2024, 10:57:16 AM

Author Topic: Global Warming Over?  (Read 1955 times)

Offline lfmusiclover

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1990-1999
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Verizon FiOS
  • HD Channel #: 619
  • SD Channel #: 119
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Global Warming Over?
« on: March 03, 2009, 10:31:05 PM »
I found an extremely interesting article that I thought I'd post here for us to read and chat about. According to it, Global Warming may be over, and may not return for years, or even decades.

Here's the article:

http://dsc.discovery.com/news/2009/03/02/global-warming-pause.html

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 832
  • SD Channel #: 32
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22204
  • WxScan Ch. #: 212
Re: Global Warming Over?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2009, 10:34:02 PM »
All I have to say is there never was a Global Warming, just like Global Cooling didn't exist in the 70's.

My Video Gaming YouTube Channel
NintenGamers Nation
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAi4m_Snvp3b4Vn13_Ir3rA

Offline lfmusiclover

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1990-1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2009, 10:36:28 PM »

phw115wvwx

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2009, 10:50:52 PM »
I'm shocked that these articles don't even mention that there's also a natural cycle that could explain our warming and cooling over the decades:  The Sun goes through a sunspot cycle every 22 years.  When it's at a maximum in terms of the number of sunspots, which are those dark little spots you would see on images of our star, it's pumping out more heat and energy.  We're in a sunspot minimum right now according to astronomers.  There are way too many factors involved to answer about global warming, but why are we not paying more attention to the fluctuations of the only object in our solar system that provides the source for all of the energy that drives our weather?

Offline lfmusiclover

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1990-1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2009, 11:18:35 PM »
I'm shocked that these articles don't even mention that there's also a natural cycle that could explain our warming and cooling over the decades:  The Sun goes through a sunspot cycle every 22 years.  When it's at a maximum in terms of the number of sunspots, which are those dark little spots you would see on images of our star, it's pumping out more heat and energy.  We're in a sunspot minimum right now according to astronomers.  There are way too many factors involved to answer about global warming, but why are we not paying more attention to the fluctuations of the only object in our solar system that provides the source for all of the energy that drives our weather?

I agree. You'd think the Sun would be very high on the list of things to look at when it comes to global warming.

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Norfolk Weather Station
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 724
  • HD WxStar ID #: 029745
  • SD Channel #: 24
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22568
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2009, 12:26:20 AM »
Humans certainly cant be helping our planet but I highly doubt they are the direct and only cause. Its a nice gimmick companies are using. Have you ever stopped to look at whats in a compact fluorescent light bulb? Its illegal to toss these things in the trash; they must be disposed properly. Imagine if everyone switched to them... Less energy used but more harmful waste left over.  Nuclear power seems to be the answer to many of todays problems. Just saying :dunno:

Offline ruhgster

• First Name: Ryan
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: n/a
  • SD Channel #: 214
  • WxScan Ch. #: n/a
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2009, 09:46:47 AM »
In my opinion there is no such thing as global warming.  I like to refer to it as climate change.  I believe people are jumping to conclusions too fast that peope are/were causing the warming and are/were the only cause without looking at everything on both sides of the debate.  Now if the "global warming" is over, I suppose global warming advocates are going to say their efforts to educate the public are paying off, when in reality it just may be the earth's climate cycle starting to turn directions.