May 09, 2024, 09:45:29 PM

Author Topic: What do you drive?  (Read 23733 times)

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: What do you drive?
« Reply #45 on: August 23, 2010, 12:22:40 AM »
That's nothing, the age restrictions in mi may be different then in fl

Offline curtjr4

• View Profile
    • My Youtube
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • SD Channel #: 16
  • WxStar Version: Junior
« Reply #46 on: August 23, 2010, 05:08:30 PM »
That's nothing, the age restrictions in mi may be different then in fl

Yes, in Florida you must be 16 to get a intermediate operators licence. In Michigan, to get the Enhanced Graduated Driver License you must be 14 years old and 9 months according to MDOT and Secretary of State.

Sources:
http://www.michigan.gov/sos/0,1607,7-127-1627_8669_8998_9038-213049--,00.html
http://www.flhsmv.gov/ddl/teendriv.html
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 05:11:10 PM by curtjr4 »

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Norfolk Weather Station
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 724
  • HD WxStar ID #: 029745
  • SD Channel #: 24
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22568
« Reply #47 on: August 24, 2010, 03:46:24 AM »
Do you like your Corolla? A friend of mine is thinking of getting one.

I drive a 1999 Oldsmobile Aurora, and I LOVE it!  It's got better features than my mom's 2002 Chrysler Sebring :P
Corolla is a decent car. Not frilly or anything but its a good car. I'll be trading it in probably sometime in the near future. They tend to keep good trade in values thankfully.

Offline kpetree10

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • HD Channel #: 619
  • HD WxStar ID #: 99910
  • SD Channel #: 15
  • SD WxStar ID #: 23277
« Reply #48 on: August 24, 2010, 09:24:38 AM »

I drive a 1999 Oldsmobile Aurora, and I LOVE it!  It's got better features than my mom's 2002 Chrysler Sebring :P

Corolla is a decent car. Not frilly or anything but its a good car. I'll be trading it in probably sometime in the near future. They tend to keep good trade in values thankfully.

A friend of mine just got a 2010 Corolla not long ago and it's pretty nice, I was surprised at how much room was in the back seat, I'm a fairly big guy and I sat back there very comfortably.

I've been thinking about getting a new car for myself, I change cars as often as I change computers...  :rofl: Although this time I'm trading in the soccer mom SUV for a sports car. It's either going to be an Audi S5... http://models.audiusa.com/s5-cabriolet
or a BMW M3... http://www.bmwusa.com/standard/content/vehicles/2011/m/m3coupe/default.aspx

Offline Mike M

• Weatherscan Contributor
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 25, 2010, 01:10:37 AM »
Still have my '97 Camry V6, but I'm hoping to get something newer and more fuel efficient soon. Maybe a Civic or Corolla.

Offline jtmal0723

• Jesse T. Maloney
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan, 1998 - present
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
« Reply #50 on: August 25, 2010, 01:30:20 AM »
Still drivin' those Crown branded stand-up forklifts, slipsheet machine, electric pallet jack, order picker, and CAT branded LPG forklifts... :P

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Norfolk Weather Station
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 724
  • HD WxStar ID #: 029745
  • SD Channel #: 24
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22568
« Reply #51 on: August 25, 2010, 01:39:47 AM »

A friend of mine just got a 2010 Corolla not long ago and it's pretty nice, I was surprised at how much room was in the back seat, I'm a fairly big guy and I sat back there very comfortably.

I've been thinking about getting a new car for myself, I change cars as often as I change computers...  :rofl: Although this time I'm trading in the soccer mom SUV for a sports car. It's either going to be an Audi S5... http://models.audiusa.com/s5-cabriolet
or a BMW M3... http://www.bmwusa.com/standard/content/vehicles/2011/m/m3coupe/default.aspx

Nice!! Love BMWs!

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 25, 2010, 10:12:53 AM »
@ mike, go with a civic. They're fuel efficient and compact sized so parallel parkig and turning would not cause any issues :)

Offline LFMusicFan

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
  • SD Channel #: 61
« Reply #53 on: August 27, 2010, 01:27:58 PM »
Yeah, definitely go with a honda or toyota. They're pretty reliable and get good mileage. My only complaint is the "fun factor", or lack thereof in these cars. Of course, most of you probably arent as crazy about driving as I am :P

OMG yes!! Go for the M3!!! B) I want one sooooo bad!
WeatherSTAR 4000 radar map - last updated 11/25/08 at 11:15 PM PDT

Youtube - Myspace - FileFront

Offline Mike M

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 30, 2010, 10:58:53 PM »
Yeah, definitely go with a honda or toyota. They're pretty reliable and get good mileage. My only complaint is the "fun factor", or lack thereof in these cars. Of course, most of you probably arent as crazy about driving as I am :P
I dunno, I definitely come close... I love driving. :P Since my dad gave me his Camry in June 2009, I've driven almost 13,000 miles. My car has a V6 engine in it, so it's probably more fun to drive than a 4 cylinder like the Civic or Corolla. :yes:

I love BMWs too, but they're way beyond my budget, lol. My dad was considering one, but he decided to get an Infiniti G35 instead.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 11:51:34 PM by Mike M »

Offline LFMusicFan

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #55 on: August 31, 2010, 01:10:39 AM »
I dunno, I definitely come close... I love driving. :P Since my dad gave me his Camry in June 2009, I've driven almost 13,000 miles. My car has a V6 engine in it, so it's probably more fun to drive than a 4 cylinder like the Civic or Corolla. :yes:

I love BMWs too, but they're way beyond my budget, lol. My dad was considering one, but he decided to get an Infiniti G35 instead.
Haha awesome! Glad to see I'm not the only one. :) Well to be honest, out of all the cars I've gotten to test drive, I've never actually driven a Camry, so I have no idea how they handle. I drove my dad's '98 Civic, and it's got like no power. lol And the transmission slips really badly. That's one of the many reasons why I prefer driving a manual transmission. Now that definitely adds some fun.. :yes:

Hah, I hear ya! M3 is definitely at the top of my list and if I can't afford it at the VERY least a 335i. Infinitis are pretty fun, I gotta say. My grandpa has a G37..and he's loaded it with all sorts of techy stuff lol

Offline Mike M

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 31, 2010, 04:09:56 PM »
I've never touched a stick shift yet... some people tell me it's more fun and less boring driving a stick since you have more to do than just holding the wheel. :P I'll have to test drive one sometime...

Offline LFMusicFan

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #57 on: August 31, 2010, 06:14:35 PM »
I've never touched a stick shift yet... some people tell me it's more fun and less boring driving a stick since you have more to do than just holding the wheel. :P I'll have to test drive one sometime...
OMG you need to!!! It's wayyyyyy more fun driving a stick. Just be warned, once you get to try it, you'll likely never want to go to automatic again! lol

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 31, 2010, 07:51:40 PM »
OMG you need to!!! It's wayyyyyy more fun driving a stick. Just be warned, once you get to try it, you'll likely never want to go to automatic again! lol
Pardon the dumb question, but how exactly do you stick shift? I'm not sure if automatic is good for me because I was driving today and almost struck 2 people. xD

Offline LFMusicFan

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #59 on: August 31, 2010, 08:03:26 PM »

Pardon the dumb question, but how exactly do you stick shift? I'm not sure if automatic is good for me because I was driving today and almost struck 2 people. xD

You ever been in a car and seen something that looks like this in the center console? In simple terms, it's where you have to manually shift the gears. You're used to popping the car in "D" and thinking nothing more, right? In a stick shift, you need to change gears as you go up and down in speed. So you start in 1st gear, and go up as you increase speed. When you slow down, you shift to a lower gear. It's a lot like riding a bike actually.
Driving a stick is a bit more complicated at first..but it eventually becomes second nature. And oh I forgot to mention, you have to be willing to move your feet a lot, cuz you got 3 pedals to deal with in a stick car. I think you should give it a shot at least once in your life :yes: