April 28, 2024, 11:39:53 AM

Author Topic: Weird laptop issues... thoughts?  (Read 1101 times)

Offline wxntrafficfan

• The official "In front of the scenes" STAR Insider
  • Ultimate Member
  • I decide what I wear; the weather does not
    • View Profile
    • My youtube channel
  • HD Channel #: 245
  • SD Channel #: 36
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22840
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Weird laptop issues... thoughts?
« on: March 15, 2010, 04:03:04 PM »
Among the nearly countless other issues I've had with my laptop (that I bought last June), I'm now having some weirder ones. Last week, my computer had the notification (on the window that appears when you click on the clock) telling me that the time change was coming up and that the computer would change the time automatically. Come the time change, the computer didn't change... so I had to manually do it myself. It resets every time I restart, shut down, or close the lid to, my computer. I have two clocks on my sidebar... one displaying Eastern Time and another showing Central. But when I updated the computer's time, they both showed the same time. I also have two weather apps (one for Lansing and another for Mason) on it, in addition to stocks. But neither the stocks or weather apps are working (tells me info can't be displayed). Also, some (but not all) of my settings in Google Chrome have been mysteriously reset (homepage, amount on the top).

But this is the least of things. I can't upload anything on the internet at all. This was why I mentioned having trouble uploading material to youtube. Mysteriously, I can't upload any files on TWCT either. I can't seem to download flash either. My desktop works fine. Any ideas as to what could be happening?
TWC in...
Lansing: Comcast, Channel 36, STAR ID 22840
E. Lansing: Comcast, Channel 40, STAR ID 22842
Lansing Area: Broadstripe, Channel 40, STAR ID 25349
Current STAR count: 32. Be sure to see my channel for links to all the uploads!

"Until you have lived with all of them in there with you day after day, week after week, year after frikkin year... you are in no position to judge me!" -Debra Barone, Everybody Loves Raymond

Offline wxntrafficfan

• The official "In front of the scenes" STAR Insider
  • Ultimate Member
  • I decide what I wear; the weather does not
    • View Profile
    • My youtube channel
  • HD Channel #: 245
  • SD Channel #: 36
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22840
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: Weird laptop issues... thoughts?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2010, 02:52:57 PM »
Nevermind, it's apparently fixed itself now :wacko:
TWC in...
Lansing: Comcast, Channel 36, STAR ID 22840
E. Lansing: Comcast, Channel 40, STAR ID 22842
Lansing Area: Broadstripe, Channel 40, STAR ID 25349
Current STAR count: 32. Be sure to see my channel for links to all the uploads!

"Until you have lived with all of them in there with you day after day, week after week, year after frikkin year... you are in no position to judge me!" -Debra Barone, Everybody Loves Raymond