April 27, 2024, 11:36:07 AM

Author Topic: Weatherscan Streams  (Read 1397 times)

Offline Tenna

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Charter
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
Weatherscan Streams
« on: July 16, 2023, 03:44:43 AM »
hey all, does anyone know where CC's WS4000 and IS1 Weatherscan/Local Conditions streams have gone? I haven't seen them around for a few days and am experiencing withdrawals lol :dance:

Offline cc17926

• Administrator
  • TWC Today Curator
    • View Profile
  • WxStar Version: XL
Re: Weatherscan Streams
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2023, 10:26:59 AM »
hey all, does anyone know where CC's WS4000 and IS1 Weatherscan/Local Conditions streams have gone? I haven't seen them around for a few days and am experiencing withdrawals lol :dance:

I retired the IS1 stream about a month or two ago due to extremely low viewership. The end of last week, someone at TWC ran around YT and other streaming platforms and did a take down of any "4000"-esque streams. Obviously competing with their new "Retro 8s" programme. When this action is performed, a strike goes against my channel, and I am unable to stream from it for a length of time. I am currently running the Jr stream on a sister channel, but as for the 4000, I may need to modify its theme to offset the current on-air appearance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xkcjhgeIlY

Offline Tenna

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Charter
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
Re: Weatherscan Streams
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2023, 08:38:27 PM »
I retired the IS1 stream about a month or two ago due to extremely low viewership.

Ah, gotcha. Thank you for keeping it up as long as you did! It was seriously a huge help during my finals as well as when I was starting my new job

The end of last week, someone at TWC ran around YT and other streaming platforms and did a take down of any "4000"-esque streams. Obviously competing with their new "Retro 8s" programme. When this action is performed, a strike goes against my channel, and I am unable to stream from it for a length of time. I am currently running the Jr stream on a sister channel, but as for the 4000, I may need to modify its theme to offset the current on-air appearance.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xkcjhgeIlY

That's... interesting. Never would I have thought TWC would start running around and striking WS content in 2023 lol.
Also, thank you for the link as well as everything else you do for the community!