April 27, 2024, 09:39:07 AM

Author Topic: The Pot Belly Stove  (Read 1303218 times)

Offline TWCJim

• Fan of LOT8s/Wxscan, NOAA Weather Radio & the EAS
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • TWCJim's STAR Database
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
Re: The Pot Belly Stove
« Reply #14235 on: November 29, 2013, 01:13:38 AM »
Happy Thanksgiving!  :biggrin:  Think I'm gonna call it a day after watching football and stuffing my face with food. Overall, I'd say it wasn't too bad of a Thanksgiving in my neck of the woods, although I may have eaten a little too much food that it made my stomach ill for a while.  :sick:

Unfortunately, I have to work tomorrow.  :itsok:  Normally, I'm not a Black Friday person  :no:  because I always avoid the nasty crowds. Usually I'll wait until about a week or two afterward to get my Christmas shopping done.  :yes:

TWCJim's STAR Database
TWCJim (main YouTube channel)
EASJim (second YouTube channel for my EAS and NWR videos)

phw115wvwx

« Reply #14236 on: December 04, 2013, 07:30:03 PM »
It's already December, but I've been seeing Christmas decorations and hearing Christmas music at the stores since mid-November.  I even saw a couple malls where you could get your picture with Santa Claus before Thanksgiving! :blink:  Seriously, is Thanksgiving the most overlooked holiday of all?  I at least wait until December before moving on to Christmas.

Offline TWCCraig

• SKYWARN Spotter
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
  • HD Channel #: 62
  • HD WxStar ID #: 31372
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
« Reply #14237 on: December 04, 2013, 08:35:09 PM »
I know in Costco they starting putting Christmas trees and decorations out towards the end of August! Not even exaggerating. I didn't like that stations began playing Christmas music as early as the 1st of November. The music, while nice, can wait.
Youtube.com/Theweatherchannelman <- Uploaded the most Intellistar 2 videos!
My Weather Station

Long Island, August-September 2012 tornadoes, Hurricane Sandy, Blizzard of 2013, how many places on Earth do you know can get all 3 of those events within a 6 month period?

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14238 on: December 04, 2013, 09:05:37 PM »
It's already December, but I've been seeing Christmas decorations and hearing Christmas music at the stores since mid-November.  I even saw a couple malls where you could get your picture with Santa Claus before Thanksgiving! :blink:  Seriously, is Thanksgiving the most overlooked holiday of all?  I at least wait until December before moving on to Christmas.

Please do not get me started.  If the trend of Black Friday sales starting earlier and earlier every year continues, then it won't be too long before stores are open all day on Thanksgiving.  I thought the purpose of Thanksgiving was to set a day aside to give thanks for what we have?!  Well, with all this American consumerism, that holiday is going out the window.  The whole Black Friday concept is starting to sicken me.  Crowds, fights, whatnot...all for a crappy deal anyway.  I am sure it is even worse for those who have to work in these environments, and my condolences go to you.  It really upsets me that our society has come to this. :(

Offline Eric

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14239 on: December 05, 2013, 05:03:53 PM »
Please do not get me started.  If the trend of Black Friday sales starting earlier and earlier every year continues, then it won't be too long before stores are open all day on Thanksgiving.

My store was open all day on Thanksgiving.  I worked the overnight shift, from 5 PM on Thursday to 5 AM on Friday.

Offline TWCJim

• Fan of LOT8s/Wxscan, NOAA Weather Radio & the EAS
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • TWCJim's STAR Database
« Reply #14240 on: December 05, 2013, 05:32:48 PM »
http://www.kgw.com/news/Nelson-Mandela-has-died-at-age-95-234653001.html

A very sad day around the globe. Former South African president Nelson Mandela has passed away at the age of 95.  :cry:

This man has done so much for his country, including overthrowing the apartheid regime, and also becoming his country's first black president. He also has inspired so many people not only in South Africa but around the world as well. He will surely be missed.  :(
TWCJim's STAR Database
TWCJim (main YouTube channel)
EASJim (second YouTube channel for my EAS and NWR videos)

Offline Lightning86

• Extreme Weather & LF Graphic Design Enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • youtube.com/LightningFever86
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
  • HD Channel #: 762
  • SD Channel #: 62
« Reply #14241 on: December 05, 2013, 08:13:44 PM »
Haven't logged in for like...years! Just stopping by to say hi!   :wave:
TWC fan 12/5/03-4/1/12

phw115wvwx

« Reply #14242 on: December 05, 2013, 08:41:25 PM »
Haven't logged in for like...years! Just stopping by to say hi!   :wave:
Welcome back, Joseph. B)

Offline beanboy89

• Ultimate Member
  • Caulk the wagons and float!
    • View Profile
    • http://billy.mozfaq.org/
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • SD Channel #: 53
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22608
  • WxScan Ch. #: 101
« Reply #14243 on: December 06, 2013, 05:01:11 AM »
Please do not get me started.  If the trend of Black Friday sales starting earlier and earlier every year continues, then it won't be too long before stores are open all day on Thanksgiving.

My store was open all day on Thanksgiving.  I worked the overnight shift, from 5 PM on Thursday to 5 AM on Friday.
Ditto. Had to work on both Thanksgiving and Black Friday. 9:30a-6:30p Thursday, 7:30a-4:30p Friday.
My super-awesome website!
[00:45] <SpringRubberMB> I wear a condom everywhere I go!

Offline Eric

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14244 on: December 06, 2013, 11:01:41 AM »

Ditto. Had to work on both Thanksgiving and Black Friday. 9:30a-6:30p Thursday, 7:30a-4:30p Friday.

Yikes - you had it worse than I did!

Offline Mike M

• Weatherscan Contributor
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #14245 on: December 06, 2013, 11:30:47 AM »
Among the few places that aren't crowded on Black Friday are grocery stores :P Had off Thursday and Friday as a result, very few had to work

phw115wvwx

« Reply #14246 on: December 14, 2013, 06:07:22 PM »
If any of you have final exams before the holidays, good luck!

Offline jtmal0723

• Jesse T. Maloney
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan, 1998 - present
    • View Profile
« Reply #14247 on: December 23, 2013, 07:55:54 AM »
What's with the recent trend and racist/homophobic tweets/interviews these days?

Don't get me started on the whole Duck Dynasty bullshit. I'm sick of hearing it.

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 832
  • SD Channel #: 32
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22204
  • WxScan Ch. #: 212
« Reply #14248 on: December 24, 2013, 06:40:01 AM »
What's with the recent trend and racist/homophobic tweets/interviews these days?

Don't get me started on the whole Duck Dynasty bullshit. I'm sick of hearing it.

Simple explanation: Idiots outpacing the intelligent.

My Video Gaming YouTube Channel
NintenGamers Nation
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAi4m_Snvp3b4Vn13_Ir3rA

phw115wvwx

« Reply #14249 on: December 24, 2013, 06:53:55 PM »
Since I need to work early tomorrow morning, I want to take this moment and wish all of you a merry Christmas!  I hope all of you stay safe and enjoy this precious time with friends and family.  No matter how commercialized this holiday can be, that special time and what really matters in life are the real reasons for Christmas.

This Christmas is what I hope will end what has been a painful year for me as I have lost several family relatives and friends both online and in real life.  I fear that I have lost several friends on this forum as well, and I am really sorry if I have offended or bothered you this year.  For those of you who have stayed in touch and committed your friendship to me even when I have struggled to be a good person and friend this year, all I can say is thank you as it is the best gift you can give me.  If you have not been in touch with me or have had concerns about me to where you did not feel like replying, I hope to hear from you someday and find out what I can do better.  Thanks!