April 27, 2024, 07:04:22 PM

Author Topic: The Pot Belly Stove  (Read 1303663 times)

Offline Eric

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: The Pot Belly Stove
« Reply #14190 on: October 09, 2013, 10:39:15 PM »
I never got the chance to play the original version on the NES, but I played the heck (and still own a working cartridge copy) of the GBA version. I've had it since it came out in 2001. The cape was my favorite power-up. I played this game just last month for old times sake.

I played the first 3 games on the NES, then, of course, on future systems.  I later played the original Mario Bros. (where they're in the sewers bopping on whatever comes out of the pipes) on various systems, such as the Apple II and the Atari 2600.

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 832
  • SD Channel #: 32
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22204
  • WxScan Ch. #: 212
« Reply #14191 on: October 16, 2013, 07:31:06 PM »
I'm not sure anyone has the answer to this, but I've been wondering why is it that Comcast (maybe other cable companies also) is/are so slow to display an EAS bulletin? One was shown this evening for a teenage girl abducted here in GA, it took about 6-7 minutes for it to show up on Comcast after the bulletin played on the digital analog TV that has no cable.

EDIT: The audio message must of been recorded because it was exactly word from word from earlier once it played on the TVs w/ cable on it.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 07:32:44 PM by toxictwister00 »

My Video Gaming YouTube Channel
NintenGamers Nation
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAi4m_Snvp3b4Vn13_Ir3rA

Offline TWCJim

• Fan of LOT8s/Wxscan, NOAA Weather Radio & the EAS
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • TWCJim's STAR Database
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #14192 on: October 17, 2013, 01:10:14 AM »
TWCJim's STAR Database
TWCJim (main YouTube channel)
EASJim (second YouTube channel for my EAS and NWR videos)

phw115wvwx

« Reply #14193 on: October 17, 2013, 07:32:15 AM »
My status message on IM is pretty much how I feel right now:

Finally, the government shutdown is over!  Now can 2013 end with no more bad luck, PLEASE?!

I'm really distraught now as I have so much anger and frustration boiling over when I think about what has happened this whole year in my life and this world. :(

phw115wvwx

« Reply #14194 on: October 21, 2013, 08:32:53 PM »
Sorry to make a double post here, but I feel like I should apologize for my emotions lately.  It's been a tough year for me, and I'm worried that I have scared a lot of you away. :(  I hope some of you are willing to PM or IM me in private if you have concerns that you would like to share with me, especially if you feel there are things I should do better.  I will be currently seeking help in the weeks ahead, but I hope to keep some friends from here even in the days long after we all move on our own separate ways.

Offline Metarvo

• Doesn't record TWC
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • HD Channel #: 214
« Reply #14195 on: October 23, 2013, 10:49:49 PM »
Don't worry about it.  :itsok:  This year really has felt like unlucky '13 at times.  It's been a rough year for most of the board from what I gather, and some friends of mine IRL have had it rather hard too.  I understand, and I'm not planning on going anywhere.  You have my best wishes, both life-wise and weather-wise.

I'll give you a thumbs up, too.  :thumbsup:

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14196 on: October 24, 2013, 01:31:44 PM »
This year has by far been lucky for me.. from graduating high school, to getting my driver's license, to getting my tablet, to getting promoted to moderator at another forum! This year couldn't have made me feel any happier!  :thrilled:
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
« Reply #14197 on: October 24, 2013, 10:37:06 PM »
This year has by far been lucky for me.. from graduating high school, to getting my driver's license, to getting my tablet, to getting promoted to moderator at another forum! This year couldn't have made me feel any happier!  :thrilled:
That was me in 2011, minus the moderator part.

2013 is well...Patrick you know already :P

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14198 on: October 24, 2013, 10:46:30 PM »
Don't have much complaints about 2013, mainly because it's gone by remarkably fast. The holidays are quickly approaching around the corner. I should know, I was at Walmart last Saturday and the Christmas tree displays are already up right next to Halloween decorations for Pete's sakes. :rolleyes: 
I would imagine they're counting on consumers in a mindset like this now even well before Black Friday/Christmas.

Speaking of holidays, I didn't realize Thanksgiving was so late this year. It's not until the 28th, I've been assuming for months it was on the 21st. :huh:
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 10:48:55 PM by toxictwister00 »

NintenGamers Nation

Offline TWCJim

• Fan of LOT8s/Wxscan, NOAA Weather Radio & the EAS
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • TWCJim's STAR Database
« Reply #14199 on: October 26, 2013, 02:58:46 PM »
Those who have watched "The Simpsons" may be familiar with Bart's teacher, Edna Krabappel. The actress who voiced Mrs. Krabappel, Marcia Wallace, passed away yesterday at the age of 70.  :(

http://www.kgw.com/on-tv/Marcia-Wallace-star-of-Simpsons-Bob-Newhart-has-died-at-70-229387601.html
TWCJim's STAR Database
TWCJim (main YouTube channel)
EASJim (second YouTube channel for my EAS and NWR videos)

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14200 on: October 26, 2013, 04:19:20 PM »
Those who have watched "The Simpsons" may be familiar with Bart's teacher, Edna Krabappel. The actress who voiced Mrs. Krabappel, Marcia Wallace, passed away yesterday at the age of 70.  :(

http://www.kgw.com/on-tv/Marcia-Wallace-star-of-Simpsons-Bob-Newhart-has-died-at-70-229387601.html

Very sad news, besides her obvious Mrs. Krabappel character, I've seen her in various tv shows and movies. She's a funny lady. May she R.I.P.

I had heard a major Simpsons character was going to be killed off the show a couple of months. I wonder if it's going to end up being her character. If it is, hopefully they'll do a really nice tribute to her. :yes:

NintenGamers Nation

Offline Eric

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14201 on: October 26, 2013, 10:49:21 PM »
Oh no.......  That's so sad.  She was such a talented and funny actress, and I can't even imagine The Simpsons without Mrs. Krabappel.   :cry:

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
« Reply #14202 on: October 29, 2013, 01:30:36 PM »
So...Sandy was a year ago from today. I am glad the damage was not any worse than it was elsewhere especially after a small part of my home lost its roof and my basement was completely flooded. Lots of homes just a mile or two down from me were damaged and I remember my parents telling me a yacht ended up lying in the middle of the street (from a nearby dock) when they were trying to go home to inspect the damage. How has Sandy affected you (directly or indirectly) ?

Offline TWCmatthew

• Avid TWC Fan 2000-2011
  • Ultimate Member
  • Trained Weather Spotter for NWS Detroit/Pontiac
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Page
  • Cable Provider: Charter
  • SD Channel #: 35
  • SD WxStar ID #: 23527
« Reply #14203 on: October 29, 2013, 04:44:52 PM »
I live in Monroe, MI and was also impacted by Sandy, since it had such a massive wind field. I remember standing at the Lake Erie shoreline during the evening (probably October 28 or 29) while getting blasted with 30-50 mph winds. Leaving the shore, I saw blue power flashes/transformers blowing, likely due to the high winds.

Offline lfmusiclover

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1990-1999
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Verizon FiOS
  • HD Channel #: 619
  • SD Channel #: 119
« Reply #14204 on: October 29, 2013, 06:04:42 PM »
Sandy was practically a direct hit here in Maryland. It got pretty bad at its peak. Dropped a couple feet of snow in the mountains too.