June 07, 2024, 08:58:18 PM

Author Topic: The Pot Belly Stove  (Read 1317683 times)

Offline jtmal0723

• Jesse T. Maloney
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan, 1998 - present
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: The Pot Belly Stove
« Reply #13935 on: January 03, 2013, 11:17:26 PM »
Which is more easier: Computer Science or Information Technology? I am not majoring in either fields but I thought it was food for thought anyways.
You would have to compare the course requirements for both majors to be able to answer that question.

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #13936 on: January 04, 2013, 02:16:50 PM »
I, once again, worked on my CC screen today.  :) The change is on the LDL to make it look more authentic. Instead of just having the date and time that the currents were last updated, I made it look like the actual IntelliStar and on the LDL space is the location's name with the CC icon and temperature.

There are no plans to make it the final and it's only on the original 2004-2005 IntelliStar style for now, so it's available at this form here for you guys to try at your location: http://zach.dyndns-work.com:53205/cc/betaform.php

Attached below is a comparison. The upper attachment is how it was (still is technically, but not for much longer) and the lower attachment is how it's going to look.

Any thoughts are appreciated! :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 02:21:31 PM by Zach »
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline Mr. Rainman

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13937 on: January 04, 2013, 02:58:13 PM »
I, once again, worked on my CC screen today.  :) The change is on the LDL to make it look more authentic. Instead of just having the date and time that the currents were last updated, I made it look like the actual IntelliStar and on the LDL space is the location's name with the CC icon and temperature.

There are no plans to make it the final and it's only on the original 2004-2005 IntelliStar style for now, so it's available at this form here for you guys to try at your location: http://zach.dyndns-work.com:53205/cc/betaform.php

Attached below is a comparison. The upper attachment is how it was (still is technically, but not for much longer) and the lower attachment is how it's going to look.

I love it, Zach. Well done!  :clap:
Tiddlywinks.

Offline TWCCraig

• SKYWARN Spotter
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
  • HD Channel #: 62
  • HD WxStar ID #: 31372
« Reply #13938 on: January 04, 2013, 11:04:16 PM »
Just saw the new movie, "Promised Land". Very great movie, hopefully it raises concern for people who aren't familiar with the topic of fracking.
Youtube.com/Theweatherchannelman <- Uploaded the most Intellistar 2 videos!
My Weather Station

Long Island, August-September 2012 tornadoes, Hurricane Sandy, Blizzard of 2013, how many places on Earth do you know can get all 3 of those events within a 6 month period?

Offline Mr. Rainman

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13939 on: January 05, 2013, 04:47:30 PM »
Who wants a fresh dose of physics? Not related to anything, but I found this quite cool - physicists have created an atomic gas with - get this - a sub-absolute-zero temperature. Yes sir, there is now a gas with a negative Kelvin temperature.  :blink:

http://www.nature.com/news/quantum-gas-goes-below-absolute-zero-1.12146
Tiddlywinks.

Offline Donovan

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • SD Channel #: 214
« Reply #13940 on: January 07, 2013, 02:10:31 AM »

Hahahahahaha, no.

Offline wxmediafan

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • SD Channel #: 57
« Reply #13941 on: January 07, 2013, 09:39:30 AM »
Which is more easier: Computer Science or Information Technology? I am not majoring in either fields but I thought it was food for thought anyways.

I personally did not find Computer Science very easy.  It could have been my lack of interest.  I ended up doing well in the course, but I'd never take another computer science class again.

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13942 on: January 07, 2013, 12:19:05 PM »

I personally did not find Computer Science very easy.  It could have been my lack of interest.  I ended up doing well in the course, but I'd never take another computer science class again.

Haha, I feel the same way. :P  I took the most basic Computer Science class last semester (programming for non-majors) and just didn't have much of an interest for it.  But I was required to take it.  The assignments we had were very tedious and, IMO, too tedious for a non-major class.

Additionally, we programmed in C language, which most students claimed is a "dead" language.  I am not sure if this is true or not; I've also heard from some where it is the easiest language to learn having no prior programming knowledge, so maybe that is the reason why.

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13943 on: January 07, 2013, 04:14:45 PM »
The meteorology majors in my school don't require Computer Science, even though I have limited C++ knowledge. How useful is that class for Meteorology?

phw115wvwx

« Reply #13944 on: January 07, 2013, 04:18:59 PM »
The meteorology majors in my school don't require Computer Science, even though I have limited C++ knowledge. How useful is that class for Meteorology?
Just the ability to read and learn code and be able to utilize it in programming is important in Meteorology.  A computer science class was required for my degree, but I had a choice between C++ and FORTRAN.  The ability to do programming is actually way more important than people think, especially when you consider all the computers used in weather.

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13945 on: January 07, 2013, 05:29:55 PM »
Just the ability to read and learn code and be able to utilize it in programming is important in Meteorology.  A computer science class was required for my degree, but I had a choice between C++ and FORTRAN.  The ability to do programming is actually way more important than people think, especially when you consider all the computers used in weather.
Ah, makes a lot of sense. :yes:

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Norfolk Weather Station
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 724
  • HD WxStar ID #: 029745
  • SD Channel #: 24
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22568
« Reply #13946 on: January 08, 2013, 03:51:08 PM »
Greetings from the AMS meeting in Austin. We are looking at 6in of rain or so. Thats what you get when you bring together 3000 meteorologists!

Offline Mr. Rainman

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13947 on: January 08, 2013, 07:12:49 PM »
Greetings from the AMS meeting in Austin. We are looking at 6in of rain or so. Thats what you get when you bring together 3000 meteorologists!

I should be down there *grumble grumble*. At least I'll be able to get to go to the one in Atlanta next year.
Tiddlywinks.

Offline wxmediafan

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • SD Channel #: 57
« Reply #13948 on: January 09, 2013, 10:55:23 AM »
Agreed with Patrick.

It is a requirement for the meteorology degree at my university.  We also had the choice between Fortran and C++.  C++ was (for whatever reason) required for my first Dynamics course, so I chose that.  A couple friends took a meteorology class where Fortran was HEAVILY used.

Offline Jonathon

• Weatherscan Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13949 on: January 09, 2013, 08:03:35 PM »

tried it out... looks realistic :biggrin: