May 02, 2024, 06:14:32 AM

Author Topic: The Pot Belly Stove  (Read 1305660 times)

Offline TWCmatthew

• Avid TWC Fan 2000-2011
  • Ultimate Member
  • Trained Weather Spotter for NWS Detroit/Pontiac
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Page
  • Cable Provider: Charter
  • SD Channel #: 35
  • SD WxStar ID #: 23527
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: The Pot Belly Stove
« Reply #12525 on: February 06, 2011, 08:20:11 AM »
:blink: Apparently Ryan Farish is sponsoring one of the pop/rap radio stations here to play the debut of his new album nonstop from 12-2am.
He's really starting to move up in the music world.

Offline Anistorm

• Ultimate Member
  • I'm fabulous.
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • HD Channel #: 5367
  • SD Channel #: 214
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #12526 on: February 06, 2011, 11:51:31 AM »
:blink: Apparently Ryan Farish is sponsoring one of the pop/rap radio stations here to play the debut of his new album nonstop from 12-2am.
He's really starting to move up in the music world.

That's right. He's also #27 out of the top 100 electronica artists on Amazon for his album Opus.
hi~ I'm Anistorm.
I'm not a girl, nor a woman. I am a lady.
Member since 2008.
I like thunderstorms.
I'm a moderator at another forum, so my
activity is not as awesome as you think.
Ask for my skype, tumblr and/or twitter.

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
« Reply #12527 on: February 06, 2011, 02:22:55 PM »
Holy cow, i thought i lost a desktop this morning! so my motherboard started beeping odd when i powered it on, and I looked online and it turns out it was a graphics problem.. I looked at how to reset my bios and a suggestion was to pull the battery out and wait.. did that and whoa, it came back! :D during the process i opened my server PC up as well and stole its firewire card and put it on my XP :P in its place on the server went a useless modem card haha
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

phw115wvwx

« Reply #12528 on: February 09, 2011, 04:39:47 PM »
This Sunday, I'll be flying to Norman, OK for a week to attend a training workshop on radar and severe weather warnings.  When I complete this workshop, I'll be able to issue warnings during future forecasting shifts.  I've only flown a few times in my life, so I'm naturally pretty nervous.  Wish me luck! :wave:

Offline Donovan

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12529 on: February 09, 2011, 06:51:41 PM »
Just went and got my learners permit for driving. I already drove some, think I'm doing pretty well for a first time. Anyone else just get theirs?

Offline Anistorm

• Ultimate Member
  • I'm fabulous.
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 5367
« Reply #12530 on: February 09, 2011, 07:35:01 PM »
Just went and got my learners permit for driving. I already drove some, think I'm doing pretty well for a first time. Anyone else just get theirs?

Technically I'm old, but I got my learner's permit in November. I'm planning to do the behind-the-wheel exam by the end of this month or next month.

Great job getting yours, Donovan!
hi~ I'm Anistorm.
I'm not a girl, nor a woman. I am a lady.
Member since 2008.
I like thunderstorms.
I'm a moderator at another forum, so my
activity is not as awesome as you think.
Ask for my skype, tumblr and/or twitter.

Offline beanboy89

• Ultimate Member
  • Caulk the wagons and float!
    • View Profile
    • http://billy.mozfaq.org/
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • SD Channel #: 53
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22608
  • WxScan Ch. #: 101
« Reply #12531 on: February 09, 2011, 08:05:53 PM »
This Sunday, I'll be flying to Norman, OK for a week to attend a training workshop on radar and severe weather warnings.  When I complete this workshop, I'll be able to issue warnings during future forecasting shifts.  I've only flown a few times in my life, so I'm naturally pretty nervous.  Wish me luck! :wave:
That sounds awesome. Hope you have a good time and learn a lot. Good luck, Patrick! B)
My super-awesome website!
[00:45] <SpringRubberMB> I wear a condom everywhere I go!

Offline Donovan

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12532 on: February 09, 2011, 08:10:49 PM »

Technically I'm old, but I got my learner's permit in November. I'm planning to do the behind-the-wheel exam by the end of this month or next month.

Great job getting yours, Donovan!
Cool! Good luck!  :thumbsup:

Offline Mike M

• Weatherscan Contributor
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #12533 on: February 09, 2011, 09:00:33 PM »
Wow, that's awesome Patrick! Good luck! :)

Offline Charismatic Applesauce

• Nice and mushy.
  • Ultimate Member
  • A tu lado.
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 270
  • SD Channel #: 30
  • SD WxStar ID #: 21813
  • WxScan Ch. #: 116
« Reply #12534 on: February 09, 2011, 09:04:52 PM »
That's so :cool3:! Good luck! It's good that you'll now be able to issue warnings. Just don't go around making bogus ones, like OMG Warnings! :P
iWitness   YouTube   Twitter   Facebook
Neither rain or shine will keep a man from making an ass of himself on the news. —Anderson Cooper

Offline Donovan

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12535 on: February 09, 2011, 09:08:29 PM »
Good luck on the plane! Just think, soon you'll be saving lives by issuing warnings!  :clap:

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12536 on: February 09, 2011, 11:17:38 PM »

Good luck, Patrick! :D I'm assuming you will be working in The National Weather Center? :unsure:

phw115wvwx

« Reply #12537 on: February 10, 2011, 07:21:27 AM »
Good luck, Patrick! :D I'm assuming you will be working in The National Weather Center? :unsure:
Yes, that's the place.  Thanks to you and all the others for the best wishes!

Offline TWCmatthew

• Avid TWC Fan 2000-2011
  • Ultimate Member
  • Trained Weather Spotter for NWS Detroit/Pontiac
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Page
  • Cable Provider: Charter
  • SD Channel #: 35
  • SD WxStar ID #: 23527
« Reply #12538 on: February 10, 2011, 08:36:05 AM »
Have a great time! I bet it'll be cool to issue watches and warnings! :)

Offline Darr'chelle

• View Profile
  • SD Channel #: 70
  • WxScan Ch. #: N/A
« Reply #12539 on: February 10, 2011, 10:15:23 PM »
I strongly agree with you, Patrick. It's a shame too these days, that teachers only care about their salaries. Another thing that makes me upset is that the classes often teach students "to the test". The purpose for us to attend school is to learn. Should what we learn during 4 years in high school be wasted on a 4 hour SAT or ACT exam? We should be learning for the sake of knowledge, not test-taking.
It's also why people are failing state tests, because they expect everyone to know whats on it WHEN THEY NEVER LEARNED IT <_<

One of my last public school classes was my 8th grade science course, a class I will forever call a trainwreck.

-Teacher was the epitome of stress. I saw her recently at a Kohl's department store with a coffee cup in one hand, cell phone in another, and "I <3 SD" sweatshirt. Catchphrase? "Oh my lanta".
-An aide had to be added midyear. There were many struggling/troublemaking students, including one who's always had an unjustified grudge on me. There were almost always people sent to detention.
-We were behind enough that an entire unit on ecology and Darwinian principles had not been covered by the time we took the AIMS science exam (which included questions on them).
-I felt like I was in an insane asylum half the time.
-It was a RELIEF to leave that class. No, really. It actually made me feel bad emotionally.

That class, among other things, was the reason I decided to make the move to Catholic school.