June 07, 2024, 12:58:45 AM

Author Topic: The Front Porch  (Read 1789063 times)

phw115wvwx

Re: The Front Porch
« Reply #9615 on: June 21, 2009, 12:36:35 AM »
An update on this afternoon's severe weather-a tornado did touch down. It tore through a neighborhood about 5 minutes up the street from my apartment. The same storm then produced another tornado about 20 minutes to my east, right where my aunt lives. Judging by the damage I'd say both were weak, probably EF1 at best. This year has been a record breaking year for tornados here. As long as I've lived I don't remember ever having more than a single tornado in a year. We've had two in just the past couple of weeks. They haven't been strong ones (they never are here), but they've been plentiful so far. And today marks the first time this season that the EAS was activated. During last week's tornado there was no EAS activation, or even a Tornado Warning.
Wow, your area has been active! :o  After seeing your post, I checked the SPC reports again and now see one tornado report near Essex, MD that was rated with EF1 damage.  I'm glad to hear you're fine, and I hope your aunt is okay.

Offline lfmusiclover

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1990-1999
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Verizon FiOS
  • HD Channel #: 619
  • SD Channel #: 119
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
« Reply #9616 on: June 21, 2009, 12:50:00 AM »
An update on this afternoon's severe weather-a tornado did touch down. It tore through a neighborhood about 5 minutes up the street from my apartment. The same storm then produced another tornado about 20 minutes to my east, right where my aunt lives. Judging by the damage I'd say both were weak, probably EF1 at best. This year has been a record breaking year for tornados here. As long as I've lived I don't remember ever having more than a single tornado in a year. We've had two in just the past couple of weeks. They haven't been strong ones (they never are here), but they've been plentiful so far. And today marks the first time this season that the EAS was activated. During last week's tornado there was no EAS activation, or even a Tornado Warning.
Wow, your area has been active! :o  After seeing your post, I checked the SPC reports again and now see one tornado report near Essex, MD that was rated with EF1 damage.  I'm glad to hear you're fine, and I hope your aunt is okay.

Yeah as far as I know she's fine too. Wow, EF1. I think that goes down as the strongest tornado we've ever had here. I think the few others we've had over the years were all EF0.  :o

I was just checking the SPC reports myself and I see that the activity in Harford County (where my aunt lives) is classified under wind damage. Apparently they don't think that was caused by a tornado.  :thinking:

Offline Anistorm

• Ultimate Member
  • I'm fabulous.
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • HD Channel #: 5367
  • SD Channel #: 214
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #9617 on: June 21, 2009, 02:26:30 AM »
Happy Fathers Day to whoever is a dad here in TWCT!!!!!!  :wave: :yes: :biggrin: ;) :dance: :D
hi~ I'm Anistorm.
I'm not a girl, nor a woman. I am a lady.
Member since 2008.
I like thunderstorms.
I'm a moderator at another forum, so my
activity is not as awesome as you think.
Ask for my skype, tumblr and/or twitter.

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Norfolk Weather Station
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 724
  • HD WxStar ID #: 029745
  • SD Channel #: 24
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22568
« Reply #9618 on: June 21, 2009, 05:04:30 AM »
ugh my storage server with 4.8TBs failed tonight. luckily i got it back. whew that was exciting :P

Happy Fathers Day to everyone

Offline Gil

• Tool Man
  • Ultimate Member
  • Welcome to Macintosh
    • View Profile
« Reply #9619 on: June 21, 2009, 09:33:25 AM »
ugh my storage server with 4.8TBs failed tonight. luckily i got it back. whew that was exciting :P

Happy Fathers Day to everyone
How does one person need that much storage? :blink: I've only accumulated 30 gigs in my entire lifetime! :lol:
~TWC forum member since 2005~
"It is hard to do positive things with ignorance and delusion."

Offline wxntrafficfan

• The official "In front of the scenes" STAR Insider
  • Ultimate Member
  • I decide what I wear; the weather does not
    • View Profile
    • My youtube channel
  • HD Channel #: 245
  • SD Channel #: 36
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22840
« Reply #9620 on: June 21, 2009, 09:43:44 AM »
Soo, Fathers day is 2morrow. I am gonna go back to Target to pick up my Fathers Day Project. It's a custom made Photo Album that has pictures of the whole family. My sister made a customized necktie from Wal-Mart, and my mom is gonna buy a new cellphone. I am also gonna do barbeque-ing!  :bleh: :lol:
Uh oh! Keep the fire extinguisher nearby! Lol :P
:rofl2: :rofl2:
Hope it goes well for your dad Ana!

Happy Father's Day!
Also, as of 1:46 AM EDT, it is now summer!!!  :dance: :dance:

TWC has been featuring some interesting summer gadgets today! My favorites are the two I just saw a few minutes ago: Solar Powered Backpack, and a USB Powered Fan!  :blink:
TWC in...
Lansing: Comcast, Channel 36, STAR ID 22840
E. Lansing: Comcast, Channel 40, STAR ID 22842
Lansing Area: Broadstripe, Channel 40, STAR ID 25349
Current STAR count: 32. Be sure to see my channel for links to all the uploads!

"Until you have lived with all of them in there with you day after day, week after week, year after frikkin year... you are in no position to judge me!" -Debra Barone, Everybody Loves Raymond

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 832
  • SD Channel #: 32
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22204
  • WxScan Ch. #: 212
« Reply #9621 on: June 21, 2009, 10:40:10 AM »
Soo, Fathers day is 2morrow. I am gonna go back to Target to pick up my Fathers Day Project. It's a custom made Photo Album that has pictures of the whole family. My sister made a customized necktie from Wal-Mart, and my mom is gonna buy a new cellphone. I am also gonna do barbeque-ing!  :bleh: :lol:
Uh oh! Keep the fire extinguisher nearby! Lol :P
:rofl2: :rofl2:
Hope it goes well for your dad Ana!

Happy Father's Day!
Also, as of 1:46 AM EDT, it is now summer!!!  :dance: :dance:

TWC has been featuring some interesting summer gadgets today! My favorites are the two I just saw a few minutes ago: Solar Powered Backpack, and a USB Powered Fan!  :blink:

I like the one about the air conditioned clothes, I would wear that every day of Summer. B)

My Video Gaming YouTube Channel
NintenGamers Nation
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAi4m_Snvp3b4Vn13_Ir3rA

Offline Mike M

• Weatherscan Contributor
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #9622 on: June 21, 2009, 11:00:01 AM »
I have a USB powered fan. It's not as strong as a fan you'd plug in an outlet but it works pretty good.

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
« Reply #9623 on: June 21, 2009, 11:33:56 AM »
Wow it's already the start of summer? It doesn't feel like much when the temps are in the 60s.

Offline Anistorm

• Ultimate Member
  • I'm fabulous.
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • HD Channel #: 5367
  • SD Channel #: 214
« Reply #9624 on: June 21, 2009, 11:39:28 AM »
Just got back from taking my dad out to breakfast. Sadly he had to work today. (I'm gonna  :club: his manager when I see him). I am going to do the barbeque-ing at swineflulandia...gonna go see my uncles and my grandfather over there as well.

Wow it's already the start of summer? It doesn't feel like much when the temps are in the 60s.

It does if you come to Duck Centro.  :lol:
hi~ I'm Anistorm.
I'm not a girl, nor a woman. I am a lady.
Member since 2008.
I like thunderstorms.
I'm a moderator at another forum, so my
activity is not as awesome as you think.
Ask for my skype, tumblr and/or twitter.

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
« Reply #9625 on: June 21, 2009, 12:06:07 PM »
Just got back from taking my dad out to breakfast. Sadly he had to work today. (I'm gonna  :club: his manager when I see him). I am going to do the barbeque-ing at swineflulandia...gonna go see my uncles and my grandfather over there as well.

It does if you come to Duck Centro.  :lol:
Wow, good luck! I am not sure what to give to my dad. Didn't buy anything..:(

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
« Reply #9626 on: June 21, 2009, 12:09:37 PM »
Same here. I didn't even buy my dad a card. :(
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline hen7713

• Blue Box
  • I write code.
    • View Profile
  • SD Channel #: 64
  • SD WxStar ID #: 24688
« Reply #9627 on: June 21, 2009, 12:13:36 PM »
In my area there were tornadoes about every 2-3 Years, but on the 19th, there were two in one day. It's not fun being woken up at 1:00 AM for a tornado warning.

Offline wxntrafficfan

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #9628 on: June 21, 2009, 12:16:54 PM »
In my area there were tornadoes about every 2-3 Years, but on the 19th, there were two in one day. It's not fun being woken up at 1:00 AM for a tornado warning.
I actually find it kind of exciting, but I rarely sleep through times when severe weather is ongoing anyway. I remember back on the major severe weather outbreak of 10/18/07, there were multiple tornado warnings across the state, and I got woken up that nite at 20 to midnite to the tornado siren down the block going off.
TWC in...

"Until you have lived with all of them in there with you day after day, week after week, year after frikkin year... you are in no position to judge me!" -Debra Barone, Everybody Loves Raymond

Offline wxntrafficfan

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #9629 on: June 21, 2009, 12:21:30 PM »
Speaking of the First Day Of Summer, when I first thought we here in Lansing would not hit 90 this year (let alone 100 which I so desperately want- Ana send it my way!  :bleh: ), here we go:
TWC in...