June 06, 2024, 03:04:05 PM

Author Topic: The Front Porch  (Read 1788069 times)

Offline Gil

• Tool Man
  • Ultimate Member
  • Welcome to Macintosh
    • View Profile
Re: The Front Porch
« Reply #9555 on: June 18, 2009, 12:32:34 PM »
Ack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 It's 80 degrees, with a Dewpoint of 70!!!!! This is the most "Summer-like" day we've seen this year. Severe Thunderstorms definitely in the works.

I have important computer equipment - I can't afford to have it work improperly or get ruined by the humidity. :hmm:
~TWC forum member since 2005~
"It is hard to do positive things with ignorance and delusion."

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 832
  • SD Channel #: 32
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22204
  • WxScan Ch. #: 212
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
« Reply #9556 on: June 18, 2009, 12:37:05 PM »
Ack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 It's 80 degrees, with a Dewpoint of 70!!!!! This is the most "Summer-like" day we've seen this year. Severe Thunderstorms definitely in the works.

I have important computer equipment - I can't afford to have it work improperly or get ruined by the humidity. :hmm:

That's nothing, try 89° a dewpoint of 74° and a heat index of 97°! It wasn't supposed to be any severe weather here today, but apparently I'm under a PDS SevereThunderstorm Watch.

My Video Gaming YouTube Channel
NintenGamers Nation
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAi4m_Snvp3b4Vn13_Ir3rA

Offline wxntrafficfan

• The official "In front of the scenes" STAR Insider
  • Ultimate Member
  • I decide what I wear; the weather does not
    • View Profile
    • My youtube channel
  • HD Channel #: 245
  • SD Channel #: 36
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22840
« Reply #9557 on: June 18, 2009, 12:40:28 PM »

That's nothing, try 89° a dewpoint of 74° and a heat index of 97°! It wasn't supposed to be any severe weather here today, but apparently I'm under a PDS Severe Thunderstorm Watch.
Did you catch the crawl? Do the words "Particularly Dangerous Situation" appear in the crawl or on the bulletins page? I have wanted to see a PDS for some time now.
TWC in...
Lansing: Comcast, Channel 36, STAR ID 22840
E. Lansing: Comcast, Channel 40, STAR ID 22842
Lansing Area: Broadstripe, Channel 40, STAR ID 25349
Current STAR count: 32. Be sure to see my channel for links to all the uploads!

"Until you have lived with all of them in there with you day after day, week after week, year after frikkin year... you are in no position to judge me!" -Debra Barone, Everybody Loves Raymond

Offline Anistorm

• Ultimate Member
  • I'm fabulous.
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • HD Channel #: 5367
  • SD Channel #: 214
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #9558 on: June 18, 2009, 12:44:23 PM »
Looking for sushi supplies all around Duck Centro is a pain in the  :censored: . I got what I need...but I had to go for a total of 5 stores to find what I need to make some Anistorm-style sushi rolls.
Yum, sushi. :happy:

Never had sushi before myself, I probably wouldn't buy it either but if somebody gave me some I'd try it.

I'll be posting pics of my Anistorm-style sushi tonight.
hi~ I'm Anistorm.
I'm not a girl, nor a woman. I am a lady.
Member since 2008.
I like thunderstorms.
I'm a moderator at another forum, so my
activity is not as awesome as you think.
Ask for my skype, tumblr and/or twitter.

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 832
  • SD Channel #: 32
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22204
  • WxScan Ch. #: 212
« Reply #9559 on: June 18, 2009, 12:46:54 PM »

That's nothing, try 89° a dewpoint of 74° and a heat index of 97°! It wasn't supposed to be any severe weather here today, but apparently I'm under a PDS Severe Thunderstorm Watch.
Did you catch the crawl? Do the words "Particularly Dangerous Situation" appear in the crawl or on the bulletins page? I have wanted to see a PDS for some time now.

No, they're treating it like a regular Severe Thunderstorm Watch on the Weather Bulletin page, and I don't remember seeing the crawl mentioning anything about it being a PDS watch, I found that out by going on the SPC's website, What's crazy is there was a 0% chance of rain today!  :wacko: I posted a video about this watch.

My Video Gaming YouTube Channel
NintenGamers Nation
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAi4m_Snvp3b4Vn13_Ir3rA

Offline twcfan68

• Fan of TWC 1998-2012
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 1014
  • SD Channel #: 14
« Reply #9560 on: June 18, 2009, 12:58:53 PM »
I'm in such a good mood today because I'm going to be moving back to New Orleans to attend the university of Tulane.  :) I'm sure not many of you knew that I even moved to Houston recently, but I was sooo homesick there and I'm so proud to move back to my hometown.

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Norfolk Weather Station
  • HD Channel #: 724
  • HD WxStar ID #: 029745
  • SD Channel #: 24
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22568
« Reply #9561 on: June 18, 2009, 01:07:57 PM »

One thing I hate about the summer.... The humidity!!

Just got back from the eye doctor... Fun stuff :P Eyes are dilated big time

Offline Anistorm

• Ultimate Member
  • I'm fabulous.
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • HD Channel #: 5367
  • SD Channel #: 214
« Reply #9562 on: June 18, 2009, 01:13:15 PM »
I'm in such a good mood today because I'm going to be moving back to New Orleans to attend the university of Tulane.  :) I'm sure not many of you knew that I even moved to Houston recently, but I was sooo homesick there and I'm so proud to move back to my hometown.

Awwright, Christina! I wish you luck in your college and hope you have an awesome time!

hi~ I'm Anistorm.
I'm not a girl, nor a woman. I am a lady.
Member since 2008.
I like thunderstorms.
I'm a moderator at another forum, so my
activity is not as awesome as you think.
Ask for my skype, tumblr and/or twitter.

Offline twcfan68

• Fan of TWC 1998-2012
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 1014
  • SD Channel #: 14
« Reply #9563 on: June 18, 2009, 01:16:38 PM »
Thank you so much, Ana. I'm really looking forward to the whole experience.

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
« Reply #9564 on: June 18, 2009, 01:57:10 PM »
So today's rain chance is 20-30% and they issue a Severe Thunderstorm Watch for everyone in Florida but the Miami Metropolitan area and the Panhandle of Florida. :wacko:
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline Gil

• Tool Man
  • Ultimate Member
  • Welcome to Macintosh
    • View Profile
« Reply #9565 on: June 18, 2009, 01:59:36 PM »

That's nothing, try 89° a dewpoint of 74° and a heat index of 97°! It wasn't supposed to be any severe weather here today, but apparently I'm under a PDS SevereThunderstorm Watch.

You don't understand. We've been at a high of 65 degrees, with cloudy skies for most of this month. To have this kind of weather, is huge.

I LOVE humidity, but only in small doses. :yes:
~TWC forum member since 2005~
"It is hard to do positive things with ignorance and delusion."

Offline wxntrafficfan

• The official "In front of the scenes" STAR Insider
  • Ultimate Member
  • I decide what I wear; the weather does not
    • View Profile
    • My youtube channel
  • HD Channel #: 245
  • SD Channel #: 36
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22840
« Reply #9566 on: June 18, 2009, 02:42:21 PM »
Congrats Christina! Hope it goes well for you  :wave:

Just got back from the eye doctor... Fun stuff :P Eyes are dilated big time
I actally don't mind the humidity, as I am rather used to it, being situated in between the Great Lakes. The excessive humidity here is most likely we have not hit 100 since 1988 <_<

I have been through that before, Martin. I know, it is not fun!
TWC in...
Lansing: Comcast, Channel 36, STAR ID 22840
E. Lansing: Comcast, Channel 40, STAR ID 22842
Lansing Area: Broadstripe, Channel 40, STAR ID 25349
Current STAR count: 32. Be sure to see my channel for links to all the uploads!

"Until you have lived with all of them in there with you day after day, week after week, year after frikkin year... you are in no position to judge me!" -Debra Barone, Everybody Loves Raymond

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
« Reply #9567 on: June 18, 2009, 03:07:16 PM »
Well, here's our share of Severe Weather for today. :itsok:

I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline Robert

• Everyday I'm Shufflin'
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 974
  • SD Channel #: 30
  • WxStar Version: XL
« Reply #9568 on: June 18, 2009, 03:59:52 PM »

Great! I hope college goes well for you!  :biggrin:

Same here. I love the heat, but hate the humidity...

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
« Reply #9569 on: June 18, 2009, 04:45:02 PM »
I'm starting to like cheery and uplifting songs now. Zero Gravity by Chris Geith from March 08 is now a song I actually like..so is Never Ask Why by Steve Glotzer. I didn't like them earlier because they were cheery songs but now they're really nice to me.