June 06, 2024, 07:59:21 PM

Author Topic: The Front Porch  (Read 1788669 times)

Offline Anistorm

• Ultimate Member
  • I'm fabulous.
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • HD Channel #: 5367
  • SD Channel #: 214
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
Re: The Front Porch
« Reply #9015 on: May 24, 2009, 04:26:28 AM »
Two Summer Sessions? O_o I only have one.
Anyways, only 9 more days until I'm out!
hi~ I'm Anistorm.
I'm not a girl, nor a woman. I am a lady.
Member since 2008.
I like thunderstorms.
I'm a moderator at another forum, so my
activity is not as awesome as you think.
Ask for my skype, tumblr and/or twitter.

Offline jtmal0723

• Jesse T. Maloney
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan, 1998 - present
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
« Reply #9016 on: May 24, 2009, 08:03:14 AM »
I'm currently upgrading my Storm to the latest unofficial firmware image... hopefully this will fix some of the bugs I have experienced...  :yes:

Offline Gil

• Tool Man
  • Ultimate Member
  • Welcome to Macintosh
    • View Profile
« Reply #9017 on: May 24, 2009, 08:39:07 AM »
I can't sleep if I'm cold, which I seem to be quite often. It's very common that I'll wear several sweatshirts, a couple pairs of pants, and 3 layers of socks to bed in order to sleep.  :brr:
I'm usually the opposite - Too hot,. When that happens, I won't be getting much sleep.
~TWC forum member since 2005~
"It is hard to do positive things with ignorance and delusion."

Offline wxntrafficfan

• The official "In front of the scenes" STAR Insider
  • Ultimate Member
  • I decide what I wear; the weather does not
    • View Profile
    • My youtube channel
  • HD Channel #: 245
  • SD Channel #: 36
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22840
« Reply #9018 on: May 24, 2009, 08:50:29 AM »
Well I'm off to another sleepless night. Do you think the weather can be part of sleeping issues?
I tend to not sleep as good during hot and humid weather. I sleep more during the afternoons and less at night.
I too have the exact same problem. When I know something big is going to happen with the weather (snow, heavy rain, extreme cold, extreme heat, you get the picture) I will not get much sleep. In fact, back during the 07-08 Winter Season, I was up all night at least 4 times when we got big snows.
I also get more sleep during the day and am up late at night.
I like hot and humid weather though. Even though I have a problem with bats, I like to keep the window open and back door window open (with screens of course) and listen to cars drive by. Lazy nights like that, along with severe weather and extreme heat, are summer to me  :thumbsup:
That stinks. If it's hot I can't sleep at all. Storms and rain actually help me fall asleep despite the noise.

Sometimes they do for me, other times not. One time in 2006 a heavy thunderstorm rolled in around 2AM, waking me up. I couldn't fall back asleep. It was a weeknight too, so I only got 3-4 hours of sleep.
When I know there is a chance for overnight thunderstorms, I leave the window open on my back door (to my deck which is right next to my room  :biggrin: ). I usually do not sleep through thunderstorms, though I do find it relaxing to listen to a gentle thunderstorm with moderate rainfall (that leads to the sound of water draining from eave-troughs (give me a break, I have never had to spell that before)). I love thunderstorms, and the excitement they bring to me  :thumbsup:
TWC in...
Lansing: Comcast, Channel 36, STAR ID 22840
E. Lansing: Comcast, Channel 40, STAR ID 22842
Lansing Area: Broadstripe, Channel 40, STAR ID 25349
Current STAR count: 32. Be sure to see my channel for links to all the uploads!

"Until you have lived with all of them in there with you day after day, week after week, year after frikkin year... you are in no position to judge me!" -Debra Barone, Everybody Loves Raymond

Offline UC Davis Meteorologist

• "Your Storm Tracker Leader! "
    • View Profile
  • SD Channel #: 61
« Reply #9019 on: May 24, 2009, 11:10:56 AM »

Yup because we start school in late September. Oooh 9 days your almost done! Keep up the good work Ana! :)
Bachelors of Science: Atmospheric Science-UC Davis 2006-2011

Masters of Science: Physics Research in Atmospheric Sciences- North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University 2011-?

Offline Anistorm

• Ultimate Member
  • I'm fabulous.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9020 on: May 24, 2009, 01:22:29 PM »

Yup because we start school in late September. Oooh 9 days your almost done! Keep up the good work Ana! :)

Yeah..and I just started studying for my upcoming 6 exams (2 midterms, 4 finals) in June. My brain is fried..
BTW out of random, Rod, you are 1 post away to move on from a Newbie to a junior member.  :thumbsup:
hi~ I'm Anistorm.
Member since 2008.
I like thunderstorms.

• View Profile
« Reply #9021 on: May 24, 2009, 01:31:08 PM »

Yeah..and I just started studying for my upcoming 6 exams (2 midterms, 4 finals) in June. My brain is fried..
BTW out of random, Rod, you are 1 post away to move on from a Newbie to a junior member.  :thumbsup:

Wow 6 exams! You are going to be a busy gurl but hey it's college! I know school can get you brain fried...but your almost there...thanks Ana! Now I'm officially a junior member!!! :)

Oh and another thing I forgot that I will do this summer  is to study for the GREs. Its like the SATs  in high school but this is for graduate school. Since Im planning to hopefully get into University  of Oklahoma, Norman. I will apply to other schools but that's my #1 school to get into.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2009, 01:40:46 PM by Lightning Rod »

Masters of Science: Physics Research in Atmospheric Sciences- North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University 2011-?

Offline Anistorm

• Ultimate Member
  • I'm fabulous.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9022 on: May 24, 2009, 01:59:49 PM »

Wow 6 exams! You are going to be a busy gurl but hey it's college! I know school can get you brain fried...but your almost there...thanks Ana! Now I'm officially a junior member!!! :)

Oh and another thing I forgot that I will do this summer  is to study for the GREs. Its like the SATs  in high school but this is for graduate school. Since Im planning to hopefully get into University  of Oklahoma, Norman. I will apply to other schools but that's my #1 school to get into.

Oklahoma! Wow, yeah I heard it's a good school to study meteorology, also Penn State.
hi~ I'm Anistorm.
Member since 2008.
I like thunderstorms.

Offline Evan2015

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • HD Channel #: 549
  • HD WxStar ID #: 31471
  • SD Channel #: 49
  • SD WxStar ID #: 31471
  • WxScan Ch. #: 19
  • WxScan ID #: 20271
« Reply #9023 on: May 24, 2009, 02:07:45 PM »

Oklahoma! Wow, yeah I heard it's a good school to study meteorology, also Penn State.
I know i'm only 12, but My top schools are:

Penn State
Oklahoma
Louisville

Ohio State
Kentucky

(Schools in BOLD are for meteorology)

• View Profile
« Reply #9024 on: May 24, 2009, 02:17:48 PM »

Yup because Im interesting in working in the NWS in tornado alley hopefully when I am done with school.

• View Profile
« Reply #9025 on: May 24, 2009, 02:18:42 PM »

I know i'm only 12, but My top schools are:

Penn State
Oklahoma
Louisville

Ohio State
Kentucky

(Schools in BOLD are for meteorology)

All good schools! I hope you get into the school of your choice! :)

Offline Anistorm

• Ultimate Member
  • I'm fabulous.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9026 on: May 24, 2009, 02:28:44 PM »
Ohio State has meteorology, but it's called Atmospheric Science..it's basically the same thing.

I have a long list of schools I want to transfer after IVC, but mainly CSU San Bernardino, Northern Arizona University, and Arizona State are on my transfer schools list. Arizona, UC Davis and UCLA are on my Meteorology schools list. I still need to think alot tho by the end of Fall Semester 2009.
hi~ I'm Anistorm.
Member since 2008.
I like thunderstorms.

• View Profile
« Reply #9027 on: May 24, 2009, 02:45:36 PM »
Ohio State has meteorology, but it's called Atmospheric Science..it's basically the same thing.

I have a long list of schools I want to transfer after IVC, but mainly CSU San Bernardino, Northern Arizona University, and Arizona State are on my transfer schools list. Arizona, UC Davis and UCLA are on my Meteorology schools list. I still need to think alot tho by the end of Fall Semester 2009.

That's the same for my school at UC Davis...their major is Atmospheric Science.
Oh we will def meet if you go to UCD! They have a great Atmospheric Science program. The professors are super nice there.... :yes:

Oh and if you are interested...You can do the TAG: www.ivc.edu/transfer/Documents/transferadmissionagreements.pdf which guarantees you to get into a UC and to tell you the truth the competition is not that fierce in the department because not a lot of people major in it. Small town, quiet....you'll like it.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2009, 02:52:54 PM by Lightning Rod »

Offline Anistorm

• Ultimate Member
  • I'm fabulous.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9028 on: May 24, 2009, 03:26:58 PM »

Oh we will def meet if you go to UCD! They have a great Atmospheric Science program. The professors are super nice there.... :yes:

Oh and if you are interested...You can do the TAG: www.ivc.edu/transfer/Documents/transferadmissionagreements.pdf which guarantees you to get into a UC and to tell you the truth the competition is not that fierce in the department because not a lot of people major in it. Small town, quiet....you'll like it.

I just went to the ASSIST website and according to that in order to transfer to UCD I have to take all chemistry, physics and math courses. I'm pretty confident on what the report gave me, but I still need to decide.

hi~ I'm Anistorm.
Member since 2008.
I like thunderstorms.

• View Profile
« Reply #9029 on: May 24, 2009, 03:31:18 PM »

I just went to the ASSIST website and according to that in order to transfer to UCD I have to take all chemistry, physics and math courses. I'm pretty confident on what the report gave me, but I still need to decide.

Ana yes assist is usually right! Yes you need to take your time to decide and see what school best suits you! Let me know if you are interested in UCD by pvt messaging me. :)