June 06, 2024, 06:08:53 PM

Author Topic: The Front Porch  (Read 1788478 times)

Offline brbjambajuice

• Sunny!
    • View Profile
    • Grapple Website
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: nope
  • SD Channel #: 61
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22884
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: The Front Porch
« Reply #8850 on: May 15, 2009, 11:26:44 PM »
myspace is an unoriginal piece of s*** of a networking site.

that's all i've gotta say about myspace.
I know, once I started using Facebook I've logged into MySpace once. I don't like it anymore like I used to
just wondering...how old are you?  :blink:

He is 11
« Last Edit: May 15, 2009, 11:31:50 PM by joshua87901 »

3:19 joshua8790: Who put the in n out secrets as topic? xD
3:30 joshua8790: Wow, power surge
3:31 SpringRubberMB: it's all of the burger greatness messing with your power
3:32 Ferret95|XP: eh vood lek du beh eh damburger!

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Norfolk Weather Station
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 724
  • HD WxStar ID #: 029745
  • SD Channel #: 24
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22568
« Reply #8851 on: May 15, 2009, 11:36:45 PM »
This is one reason I love twitter. I never really liked spending lots of time on sites like myspace and facebook. Twitter lets me say whats on my mind and leave. Nothing complicated

Offline brbjambajuice

• Sunny!
    • View Profile
    • Grapple Website
« Reply #8852 on: May 15, 2009, 11:48:22 PM »
This is one reason I love twitter. I never really liked spending lots of time on sites like myspace and facebook. Twitter lets me say whats on my mind and leave. Nothing complicated

Exactly

Offline lfmusiclover

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1990-1999
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Verizon FiOS
  • HD Channel #: 619
  • SD Channel #: 119
« Reply #8853 on: May 15, 2009, 11:55:52 PM »
IMO, that's just stupid Joshua.

Alright, overall, I've seen exactly 0 compelling reasons why Facebook is so much better than MySpace. Frankly, I hate Facebook. I think finding people is 10 times harder on Facebook. On Myspace, you simply type a name and enter alocation and your off. On Facebook its not like that. You have to search by name, but you don't get to narrow it down to a certain location, or distance. You can look in a certain network, but that only helps if you know what network your friend is in. Otherwise its useless. So basically you can only search by name, which gives you hundreds of results and no way to narrow them down any.

Just about all of my friends use MySpace. I know only one girl who uses Facebook. And that's the only reason I use it. If not for her, I would have abandoned Facebook eeons ago. 

Offline wxmediafan

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • SD Channel #: 57
« Reply #8854 on: May 16, 2009, 12:00:21 AM »
Yeah a lot of people are still into myspace.  I prefer Facebook, though.  Nobody I know really uses myspace, which would be my reason for using facebook.

Does Xanga ring a bell to anyone? :P

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Norfolk Weather Station
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 724
  • HD WxStar ID #: 029745
  • SD Channel #: 24
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22568
« Reply #8855 on: May 16, 2009, 12:01:22 AM »
 :footinmouth:

Alright, overall, I've seen exactly 0 compelling reasons why Facebook is so much better than MySpace. Frankly, I hate Facebook. I think finding people is 10 times harder on Facebook. On Myspace, you simply type a name and enter alocation and your off. On Facebook its not like that. You have to search by name, but you don't get to narrow it down to a certain location, or distance. You can look in a certain network, but that only helps if you know what network your friend is in. Otherwise its useless. So basically you can only search by name, which gives you hundreds of results and no way to narrow them down any.

Just about all of my friends use MySpace. I know only one girl who uses Facebook. And that's the only reason I use it. If not for her, I would have abandoned Facebook eeons ago.
Ive noticed that the people who use these services very a lot by region. I know hardly anyone from my area on myspace today but I have a friend in NY who knows nobody on Facebook from his area. Kinda interesting to me

Offline lfmusiclover

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1990-1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #8856 on: May 16, 2009, 12:17:30 AM »
Yeah a lot of people are still into myspace.  I prefer Facebook, though.  Nobody I know really uses myspace, which would be my reason for using facebook.

Does Xanga ring a bell to anyone? :P

Xanga, yeah I remember that. Seemed like it died out about as quickly as it came about. I don't think I know anyone that uses that anymore.  :no:

Offline Al

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: SuddenLink
  • SD Channel #: 02
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22975
« Reply #8857 on: May 16, 2009, 12:25:32 AM »

gary, i don't get where you're getting we're saying facebook is better... :dunno: obviously everyone has their own opinions - i respect yours. i'm just confused. i might be looking at it in a different way.  :unsure:

i'll admit, i use myspace...i just don't like it. it's too cluttered and just unoriginal, i'm a tech freak i'm just like that. always have been. lol -- and as martin said, it varies pending your region. it's weird actually. haha
« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 12:28:25 AM by 20AL09 »

Offline Anistorm

• Ultimate Member
  • I'm fabulous.
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • HD Channel #: 5367
  • SD Channel #: 214
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #8858 on: May 16, 2009, 01:02:10 AM »
Uhhh..I could just change the topic now since this is starting to become a very hot debate...and I am not done with my IMO blog yet! >_<

Aaaanyways...I must regret that I am tired of school. Anyone else? <_<
hi~ I'm Anistorm.
I'm not a girl, nor a woman. I am a lady.
Member since 2008.
I like thunderstorms.
I'm a moderator at another forum, so my
activity is not as awesome as you think.
Ask for my skype, tumblr and/or twitter.

Offline lfmusiclover

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1990-1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #8859 on: May 16, 2009, 01:28:47 AM »

gary, i don't get where you're getting we're saying facebook is better... :dunno: obviously everyone has their own opinions - i respect yours. i'm just confused. i might be looking at it in a different way.  :unsure:

i'll admit, i use myspace...i just don't like it. it's too cluttered and just unoriginal, i'm a tech freak i'm just like that. always have been. lol -- and as martin said, it varies pending your region. it's weird actually. haha

How can you look at what everyone is saying and be confused about how I come to the conclusion that those peopel, and you, think that Facebook is better? One person called it a place for schoolchildren, and one even called it a piece of shit. I mean, come on Al.

I'm ten times the tech freak you are Al, believe me, and MySpace ranks high on my list for that reason.

What I have a problem with, as usual is that it once again appears that the naysayers are the only ones allowed to an opinion.

Offline Al

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: SuddenLink
  • SD Channel #: 02
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22975
« Reply #8860 on: May 16, 2009, 01:50:22 AM »

How can you look at what everyone is saying and be confused about how I come to the conclusion that those peopel, and you, think that Facebook is better? One person called it a place for schoolchildren, and one even called it a piece of shit. I mean, come on Al.

I'm ten times the tech freak you are Al, believe me, and MySpace ranks high on my list for that reason.

What I have a problem with, as usual is that it once again appears that the naysayers are the only ones allowed to an opinion.

...alright then...
« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 02:08:32 AM by 20AL09 »

Offline brbjambajuice

• Sunny!
    • View Profile
    • Grapple Website
« Reply #8861 on: May 16, 2009, 04:27:54 AM »
We have finals on the last three days of school  <_< (there goes the fun about the last day of school)

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 832
  • SD Channel #: 32
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22204
  • WxScan Ch. #: 212
« Reply #8862 on: May 16, 2009, 06:03:28 AM »
We have finals on the last three days of school  <_< (there goes the fun about the last day of school)

I have finals on the very last day of school, this is their way to make sure everyone comes to school on the last day. <_<

My Video Gaming YouTube Channel
NintenGamers Nation
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAi4m_Snvp3b4Vn13_Ir3rA

Offline wxntrafficfan

• The official "In front of the scenes" STAR Insider
  • Ultimate Member
  • I decide what I wear; the weather does not
    • View Profile
    • My youtube channel
  • HD Channel #: 245
  • SD Channel #: 36
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22840
« Reply #8863 on: May 16, 2009, 06:59:36 AM »

I have finals on the very last day of school, this is their way to make sure everyone comes to school on the last day. <_<
Yeah, I have the exact same problem. I was told, however, that it was because the state of Michigan does not allow students to have a day to do nothing. They don't allow us to have an hou during each school day where there is nothing scheduled. I have a gosh darn book report for econ due (that I am putting off  :yawn: ) on June 2nd. I have exams (over material learned since 2nd semester began in late January) in Chemistry and English 10 on June 3rd. I then have exams over Algebra and then 6th Hour (Academic Lab- A break from the exams  :thrilled: ). On the final day, Friday June 5th, I have a half day. There is a major problem there, since the school crams in two exams in 3.5 hours. For me, it is Digital Design (I hate that class  <_< ) and Econ. Believe it or not, TWC's graphics and the old, much better look of Intellistar are not the only reason I want to go back to the 'olden daze'!  :bleh:
TWC in...
Lansing: Comcast, Channel 36, STAR ID 22840
E. Lansing: Comcast, Channel 40, STAR ID 22842
Lansing Area: Broadstripe, Channel 40, STAR ID 25349
Current STAR count: 32. Be sure to see my channel for links to all the uploads!

"Until you have lived with all of them in there with you day after day, week after week, year after frikkin year... you are in no position to judge me!" -Debra Barone, Everybody Loves Raymond

Offline Evan2015

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • HD Channel #: 549
  • HD WxStar ID #: 31471
  • SD Channel #: 49
  • SD WxStar ID #: 31471
  • WxScan Ch. #: 19
  • WxScan ID #: 20271