June 06, 2024, 10:42:04 PM

Author Topic: The Front Porch  (Read 1788896 times)

Offline kpetree10

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • HD Channel #: 619
  • HD WxStar ID #: 99910
  • SD Channel #: 15
  • SD WxStar ID #: 23277
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: The Front Porch
« Reply #8100 on: April 10, 2009, 09:34:48 PM »
I was taking a nap with TWC on and when I woke up they were just coming back from commercial and they showed the Weather Warriors pictures and I saw it was from Stephanie Abrams from Atlanta and I was like WTF! there are two Stephanie Abrams in Atlanta?! By the way the picture was framed I could tell it was from an iPhone and I knew she had one. Then I realized, oh it's THAT Abrams.

I guess Steph has an i-Phone...
I sure wish I could!

:blink: Steph has an Iphone???? I wish too!

Note to everyone, when mentioning an Apple product with an "i" in it always type it like this...
iPod, iPhone, iMac... it's NOT IPhone, Iphone, I-Phone, or i-phone! ok I'm done venting.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 09:38:49 PM by kpetree10 »

Offline Anistorm

• Ultimate Member
  • I'm fabulous.
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • HD Channel #: 5367
  • SD Channel #: 214
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #8101 on: April 10, 2009, 09:41:54 PM »
I was taking a nap with TWC on and when I woke up they were just coming back from commercial and they showed the Weather Warriors pictures and I saw it was from Stephanie Abrams from Atlanta and I was like WTF! there are two Stephanie Abrams in Atlanta. By the way the picture was framed I could tell it was from an iPhone and I knew she had one. Then I realized, oh it's THAT Abrams.

I know in fact there is another Stephanie Abrams but this one is not from Atlanta. She is a radio travel reporter in I think New York City (I'm not sure, I googled her and that's how it came out I guess). :google2:
hi~ I'm Anistorm.
I'm not a girl, nor a woman. I am a lady.
Member since 2008.
I like thunderstorms.
I'm a moderator at another forum, so my
activity is not as awesome as you think.
Ask for my skype, tumblr and/or twitter.

Offline wxntrafficfan

• The official "In front of the scenes" STAR Insider
  • Ultimate Member
  • I decide what I wear; the weather does not
    • View Profile
    • My youtube channel
  • HD Channel #: 245
  • SD Channel #: 36
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22840
« Reply #8102 on: April 10, 2009, 10:01:03 PM »

Thank you. And yes my name is Ana. You got that right! :D
Yeah same here, ever since 8th grade I got the nickname "weathergirl" because I always tell my friends what the weather would be for the next day. I guess I might use that nickname again. But, that is one reason why I got the name "Anistorm"!

Wow, only 8th grade? I have been asked about the weather for as long as I can remember. I remember in 2nd and 3rd grade being asked by my teachers and even some students for the weather, and one time I decided I wasn't going to do it anymore (at the time :P ). I can't remember how I became interested with the weather or TWC, but I know it has been a very long time, quite possibly since before I started kindergarten.

Yes, Mike Bettes showed a picture Steph took of some hail at 9:00 PM EDT, and said that it was a picture taken with her I-Phone... O_o
TWC in...
Lansing: Comcast, Channel 36, STAR ID 22840
E. Lansing: Comcast, Channel 40, STAR ID 22842
Lansing Area: Broadstripe, Channel 40, STAR ID 25349
Current STAR count: 32. Be sure to see my channel for links to all the uploads!

"Until you have lived with all of them in there with you day after day, week after week, year after frikkin year... you are in no position to judge me!" -Debra Barone, Everybody Loves Raymond

Offline Anistorm

• Ultimate Member
  • I'm fabulous.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8103 on: April 10, 2009, 10:05:52 PM »

Thank you. And yes my name is Ana. You got that right! :D
Yeah same here, ever since 8th grade I got the nickname "weathergirl" because I always tell my friends what the weather would be for the next day. I guess I might use that nickname again. But, that is one reason why I got the name "Anistorm"!

Wow, only 8th grade? I have been asked about the weather for as long as I can remember. I remember in 2nd and 3rd grade being asked by my teachers and even some students for the weather, and one time I decided I wasn't going to do it anymore (at the time :P ). I can't remember how I became interested with the weather or TWC, but I know it has been a very long time, quite possibly since before I started kindergarten.

Yes, Mike Bettes showed a picture Steph took of some hail at 9:00 PM EDT, and said that it was a picture taken with her I-Phone... O_o

I got interested in the weather and TWC when I was in the 7th grade. It's a loooong story. The whole weather frenzy grew during the 8th grade when I told my classmates about myself. I never got picked on or anything.

I got that recorded and I'm gonna watch it right now.
hi~ I'm Anistorm.
Member since 2008.
I like thunderstorms.

Offline Anistorm

• Ultimate Member
  • I'm fabulous.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8104 on: April 10, 2009, 10:08:52 PM »
Note to everyone, when mentioning an Apple product with an "i" in it always type it like this...
iPod, iPhone, iMac... it's NOT IPhone, Iphone, I-Phone, or i-phone! ok I'm done venting.

Ok Kpetree. Thanks for correcting my common grammatical error.  :bleh: :bleh: :bleh:
hi~ I'm Anistorm.
Member since 2008.
I like thunderstorms.

Offline CartoonJazzLover

• Ultimate Member
  • Former TWC Fan (2003-2011)
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Charter
  • SD Channel #: 52
« Reply #8105 on: April 10, 2009, 10:20:52 PM »

Offline Anistorm

• Ultimate Member
  • I'm fabulous.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8106 on: April 10, 2009, 10:32:29 PM »
Child boo. :rolleyes:
That's not funny. <_<

Exactly. No one is laughing. Not even me. :angry:
hi~ I'm Anistorm.
Member since 2008.
I like thunderstorms.

Offline wxntrafficfan

• The official "In front of the scenes" STAR Insider
  • Ultimate Member
  • I decide what I wear; the weather does not
    • View Profile
    • My youtube channel
  • HD Channel #: 245
  • SD Channel #: 36
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22840
« Reply #8107 on: April 10, 2009, 10:43:06 PM »
That's not funny. <_<

I think we can all agree, just ignore it and don't respond to it at all. That is the best idea.  :yes:
TWC in...
Lansing: Comcast, Channel 36, STAR ID 22840
E. Lansing: Comcast, Channel 40, STAR ID 22842
Lansing Area: Broadstripe, Channel 40, STAR ID 25349
Current STAR count: 32. Be sure to see my channel for links to all the uploads!

"Until you have lived with all of them in there with you day after day, week after week, year after frikkin year... you are in no position to judge me!" -Debra Barone, Everybody Loves Raymond

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8108 on: April 10, 2009, 11:18:04 PM »
My sister's baseball coach just named me the team meteorologist for my lil sister's team, the lil GIANTS. She called me on my cellphone yesterday about the game weather and yesterday wasn't that shabby. Today became a different story when A&B was on, and a huge windstorm came in Duck Centro. So, I guess the coach called me an hour ago and wanted me to see if the winds were high enough to cancel tonight's game. I told her that winds have been gusting to 30 mph.  The game is cancelled today until after the Duck Centro Spring Break. I was like "woah. I'm gonna be providing the weather for our team? That is cool." :salute:

Well that is downright neat! :D You have a lot of power behind your hands, now. :P

Offline wxmediafan

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • SD Channel #: 57
« Reply #8109 on: April 11, 2009, 08:27:15 AM »
Yeah I've been interested in weather since I was 4 or 5. In school, I have NEVER gotten teased or made fun of.  Questioned, but never bullied about it.  IF anything, people think it is unique  :biggrin: (obviously not too unique here at TWCT :P)

Offline Rico

• View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 304
  • SD Channel #: 304
  • WxScan Ch. #: n/a
« Reply #8110 on: April 11, 2009, 01:26:38 PM »
That's not funny. <_<

I think we can all agree, just ignore it and don't respond to it at all. That is the best idea.  :yes:

That doesn't even make sense...
I am so sorry y'all. You all don't understand my vernacular. Child boo is NOT supposed to be funny, it is supposed to be a showing of disprovement. In other words, where I come from, people understand it, and it makes sense.
When will you ever learn? -Judge Mathis

Join my TWCNow Page!!!
Child boo.

Few things are in place...

*My name is not Lamarr, or Lmarr. My name is Rico Jose Maldonado-Winchester. *If I am on thin ice, or on very thin ice, the ice should have broke by now. I am 275lbs and 6'6" tall. * I am here for keeping up appearances. I am not here for none of this bologna. Bologna is WeatherSCAN XL which is a conficker virus specially made to act as a weather e-instrument. Or one of them damn toolbars. They are a waste of time and baud. * Recurring posts that are pedant

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8111 on: April 11, 2009, 01:29:01 PM »
And how were we supposed to know that? :club:
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline Rico

• View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 304
  • SD Channel #: 304
  • WxScan Ch. #: n/a
« Reply #8112 on: April 11, 2009, 01:31:34 PM »
There is a website called "Urban Dictionary". Look up all the words you need, and you will most likely get the urban meaning of it. Don't show me the club, cuz I was about to change my avatar, but now I'm keeping it on there for a couple more weeks.
When will you ever learn? -Judge Mathis

Join my TWCNow Page!!!
Child boo.

Few things are in place...

*My name is not Lamarr, or Lmarr. My name is Rico Jose Maldonado-Winchester. *If I am on thin ice, or on very thin ice, the ice should have broke by now. I am 275lbs and 6'6" tall. * I am here for keeping up appearances. I am not here for none of this bologna. Bologna is WeatherSCAN XL which is a conficker virus specially made to act as a weather e-instrument. Or one of them damn toolbars. They are a waste of time and baud. * Recurring posts that are pedant

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8113 on: April 11, 2009, 01:34:31 PM »
There is a website called "Urban Dictionary". Look up all the words you need, and you will most likely get the urban meaning of it. Don't show me the club, cuz I was about to change my avatar, but now I'm keeping it on there for a couple more weeks.
:club: :club: :club: :club: :club: :club: :club: :club: :club: :club: :club:

:P
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline Gil

• Tool Man
  • Ultimate Member
  • Welcome to Macintosh
    • View Profile
« Reply #8114 on: April 11, 2009, 01:51:00 PM »
This is interesting - I recently bought a computer on eBay, that came in the original packaging (it was used, however). To put a long story short, whenever it's turned on, the speaker emits a whistling sound, that goes away after 5 minutes of use. :blink:

It also had a lot of personal documents on the drive, including emails, and some really cool old programs.
~TWC forum member since 2005~
"It is hard to do positive things with ignorance and delusion."