June 06, 2024, 05:01:59 PM

Author Topic: The Front Porch  (Read 1788282 times)

G2003

Re: The Front Porch
« Reply #795 on: July 08, 2007, 10:28:58 PM »
Spiders don't scare me. It's snakes that totally freak me out! I'm absolutely TERRIFIED of snakes! :unsure:

Yeah I hate snakes too. I'm not quite TERRIFIED of them, but they certainly do freak me out.  :ph34r:
Me too. although i can honestly say ive only seens a snake once in person. We dont get snakes here.

Offline lfmusiclover

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1990-1999
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Verizon FiOS
  • HD Channel #: 619
  • SD Channel #: 119
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
« Reply #796 on: July 08, 2007, 10:39:34 PM »
Spiders don't scare me. It's snakes that totally freak me out! I'm absolutely TERRIFIED of snakes! :unsure:

Yeah I hate snakes too. I'm not quite TERRIFIED of them, but they certainly do freak me out.  :ph34r:
Me too. although i can honestly say ive only seens a snake once in person. We dont get snakes here.

Being a fisherman I see snakes quite frequently. We have a lot of water moccasins and other water snakes around here (mostly non-poisonous) and pretty much every time I go fishing I spot a snake swimming through the water.  :ph34r:

G2003

« Reply #797 on: July 08, 2007, 11:07:30 PM »
I never spot anything like that around here, and i go fishing quite a bit. weird.

Offline Stephen

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 1038
  • HD WxStar ID #: 28111
  • SD Channel #: 38
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22694
  • WxScan Ch. #: 324
« Reply #798 on: July 08, 2007, 11:08:36 PM »
I never spot anything like that around here, and i go fishing quite a bit. weird.
Same here.

Offline lfmusiclover

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1990-1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: July 08, 2007, 11:10:27 PM »
Same here.
I'm surprised that you don't spot them. I would've thought there'd be alot more snakes down south then there are here. I'm not surprised that you don't see them Gil. The midwest isn't exactly known for its snakes. :no:

G2003

« Reply #800 on: July 08, 2007, 11:11:31 PM »
I'm not surprised that you don't see them Gil. The midwest isn't exactly known for its snakes. :no:
The midwest isn't known for anything :no:

Offline lfmusiclover

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1990-1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: July 08, 2007, 11:12:11 PM »
I'm not surprised that you don't see them Gil. The midwest isn't exactly known for its snakes. :no:

Its known for its severe weather. :yes:

G2003

« Reply #802 on: July 08, 2007, 11:13:59 PM »

Its known for its severe weather. :yes:
True. other than that, its known for rednecks. *shudder* I dont belong here... :no:

Offline Stephen

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 1038
  • HD WxStar ID #: 28111
  • SD Channel #: 38
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22694
  • WxScan Ch. #: 324
« Reply #803 on: July 08, 2007, 11:15:25 PM »
Speaking of sea creatures, one time (I think it was before Hurricane Ivan), I almost stepped on a stingray at the beach! :o

G2003

« Reply #804 on: July 08, 2007, 11:15:47 PM »
Speaking of sea creatures, one time (I think it was before Hurricane Ivan), I almost stepped on a stingray at the beach! :o

Really? wow that would suck if you died.

Offline lfmusiclover

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1990-1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: July 08, 2007, 11:18:52 PM »

Really? wow that would suck if you died.

Yeah it would. I imagine it would be mighty painful. I've almost stepped on jellyfish a few times, but I don't think I've ever crossed paths with a stingray. :no:

Concentric Eyewall

« Reply #806 on: July 09, 2007, 12:04:34 AM »
I was a member at your Proboards forum, Gary, for like 5 minutes.  Frankly, it was crap.

LOL, that's not meant to be a personal attack or anything, but this board/website is much better compared to that hodgepodge :P

I've seen a live snake in Chicago once, of all the years that I have been living.

Yes, Gary, the Midwest is known for it's severe weather.  Well, except for the stupid anti-severe weather bubble that hovers Chicago.  As a matter of fact, I was in upper Michigan last week, and there was tons of storms in Wisconsin.  Soon after, when I left upper Michigan, there was tons of storms in upper Michigan.  I swear, the severe weather just runs away from me  <_<

Sorry about switching subjects constantly on this thread.  If a few people would just shut up once in a while, I wouldn't have to read 5 pages of babbling after missing one day on TWCToday. :P :P :P

Offline lfmusiclover

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1990-1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: July 09, 2007, 12:07:55 AM »
I was a member at your Proboards forum, Gary, for like 5 minutes.  Frankly, it was crap.

LOL, that's not meant to be a personal attack or anything, but this board/website is much better compared to that hodgepodge :P

I've seen a live snake in Chicago once, of all the years that I have been living.

Yes, Gary, the Midwest is known for it's severe weather.  Well, except for the stupid anti-severe weather bubble that hovers Chicago.  As a matter of fact, I was in upper Michigan last week, and there was tons of storms in Wisconsin.  Soon after, when I left upper Michigan, there was tons of storms in upper Michigan.  I swear, the severe weather just runs away from me  <_<

Sorry about switching subjects constantly on this thread.  If a few people would just shut up once in a while, I wouldn't have to read 5 pages of babbling after missing one day on TWCToday. :P :P :P
Yeah the Proboards forum was crap. I did not like Proboards at all.

Concentric Eyewall

« Reply #808 on: July 09, 2007, 12:10:52 AM »
Gary, I think the board time is set an hour ahead.  It says "Current forum time: July 09, 2007, 01:10:16 AM" :huh:

Offline lfmusiclover

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1990-1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: July 09, 2007, 12:12:00 AM »
Hmmmm...I'll check it out.