May 10, 2024, 01:35:48 PM

Author Topic: The Front Porch  (Read 1776870 times)

Offline Jason07

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 815
  • SD Channel #: 71
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: The Front Porch
« Reply #15060 on: April 29, 2015, 12:09:43 PM »
I'm back!
I don't know if anyone remembers me, but I've been gone from these forums for 7-8 years. I left when I was 13 because I got in trouble for being on these forums.

Anyway, obviously I'm a lot older now (and not still in trouble from that!).
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 12:12:03 PM by Jason07 »

Offline curtjr4

• View Profile
    • My Youtube
  • SD Channel #: 16
  • WxStar Version: Junior
« Reply #15061 on: April 29, 2015, 12:27:00 PM »
I'm back!
I don't know if anyone remembers me, but I've been gone from these forums for 7-8 years. I left when I was 13 because I got in trouble for being on these forums.

Welcome back! Your name is familiar to me. A lot has changed since then... Haha

Offline Mike M

• Weatherscan Contributor
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #15062 on: April 29, 2015, 03:31:06 PM »
I'm back!

Welcome back! I do remember you, wow was it that long ago? :blink:

Offline Anistorm

• Ultimate Member
  • I'm fabulous.
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • HD Channel #: 5367
  • SD Channel #: 214
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #15063 on: May 12, 2015, 11:38:06 PM »
Skimming through most of the posts here...dang Jason, that WAS a looong time ago. i don't think we know each other, but I'm glad you came back. You must be in your what.. 20's now? xD

Mike...omg 10 years? :O that is waaaaaaaaaaay too long, but I applaud for your enthusiasm and dedication! <3

Life is crazy for me so far right now. Two jobs, first quarter ending, new relationship...ahhhhh
hi~ I'm Anistorm.
I'm not a girl, nor a woman. I am a lady.
Member since 2008.
I like thunderstorms.
I'm a moderator at another forum, so my
activity is not as awesome as you think.
Ask for my skype, tumblr and/or twitter.

Offline boyercam

• Bringing The Weather Channel to the UK
    • View Profile
    • Website
  • Cable Provider: Other
« Reply #15064 on: May 13, 2015, 02:24:34 PM »
Great to hear that Anistorm :)

WxStar XL Web Emulator: http://cameronboyer.tk/wsxl/

Offline TWCJim

• Fan of LOT8s/Wxscan, NOAA Weather Radio & the EAS
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • TWCJim's STAR Database
  • Cable Provider: Other
« Reply #15065 on: May 15, 2015, 02:11:38 AM »
Blues legend B.B. King has passed away at the age of 89. :( :cry:

http://www.kirotv.com/news/entertainment/bbking-passes/nk8kt/

A couple of his songs, "The Thrill Is Gone" and "Why I Sing The Blues", have appeared on several Weather Channel LF playlists over the years. May the King Of Blues R.I.P.
TWCJim's STAR Database
TWCJim (main YouTube channel)
EASJim (second YouTube channel for my EAS and NWR videos)

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
« Reply #15066 on: May 18, 2015, 01:54:05 PM »
Hello everyone, how is everyone doing?

It has been so long since I've been here (haven't been on since December), and I've missed a lot of you guys. Yesterday, I officially graduated from Rutgers after 4 years. Never thought I would see this day. It is really unbelievable that I'm now a Rutgers alumni. I still remember my freshmen year as if it was yesterday, and even remember my high school graduation very well as well, and this was back in 2011. Just crazy how time flies, but I guess all good things have to come to an end, right? I wanna wish all my fellow class of 2015 graduates good luck as we transition into the real world and achieve bigger and better things.

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 832
  • SD Channel #: 32
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22204
  • WxScan Ch. #: 212
« Reply #15067 on: May 18, 2015, 05:05:44 PM »

It has been so long since I've been here (haven't been on since December), and I've missed a lot of you guys. Yesterday, I officially graduated from Rutgers after 4 years. Never thought I would see this day. It is really unbelievable that I'm now a Rutgers alumni. I still remember my freshmen year as if it was yesterday, and even remember my high school graduation very well as well, and this was back in 2011. Just crazy how time flies, but I guess all good things have to come to an end, right? I wanna wish all my fellow class of 2015 graduates good luck as we transition into the real world and achieve bigger and better things.

Congrats and best wishes to you and everyone else who's graduating this year!  :twothumbs:

My Video Gaming YouTube Channel
NintenGamers Nation
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAi4m_Snvp3b4Vn13_Ir3rA

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15068 on: May 18, 2015, 07:16:53 PM »

Congrats, Victor! :thumbsup:  I feel the same way. Graduating from OU this year, it's hard to believe how quickly these four years have gone.  During the semesters it doesn't seem that fast, but now I look back and think "wow."

Congrats and best wishes to you and everyone else who's graduating this year!  :twothumbs:

Thanks, Tavores! :)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 07:20:10 PM by WeatherWitness »

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 832
  • SD Channel #: 32
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22204
  • WxScan Ch. #: 212
« Reply #15069 on: May 18, 2015, 08:57:59 PM »
I would have been among you guys in graduating this month, but unfortunately I countered a minor setback on the financial side (don't wanna talk about it, it makes me furious thinking about it). At least I got it straightened out, however I have to wait until the fall to graduate.

Post graduation, I can't wait to start building a career in graphic design! :happy:

My Video Gaming YouTube Channel
NintenGamers Nation
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAi4m_Snvp3b4Vn13_Ir3rA

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15070 on: May 19, 2015, 05:45:08 PM »
Good to hear from you, Tavores and Andy. Yeah, it's hard to believe how much time flies. I am excited to start a career as well, but I'm sad and somewhat depressed I may never see my friends again. I just love undergrad in general, there is no substitute for undergrad life. Andy, what are you doing now that you graduated? Become a meteorologist?

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15071 on: May 19, 2015, 09:39:06 PM »
Good to hear from you, Tavores and Andy. Yeah, it's hard to believe how much time flies. I am excited to start a career as well, but I'm sad and somewhat depressed I may never see my friends again. I just love undergrad in general, there is no substitute for undergrad life. Andy, what are you doing now that you graduated? Become a meteorologist?

Yes, I am looking for jobs in Meteorology - both in the private sector and in broadcast.

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15072 on: May 21, 2015, 03:01:23 PM »

Yes, I am looking for jobs in Meteorology - both in the private sector and in broadcast.
I wish you the best of luck. At least the job market is improving, so I hope you will land something soon. I know Weatherworks in NJ had a few meteorologist/staff researcher opportunities.

Offline Metarvo

• Doesn't record TWC
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • HD Channel #: 214
« Reply #15073 on: May 23, 2015, 10:02:48 AM »
Meteorology sounds like such an exciting career, though people might get mad if you get the forecasts wrong.  Even so, I'm sure it will be a blast.  Good luck, Andy!  :thumbsup:

The summer outlook has been revised for my area, though not in the direction I would normally expect.  The below normal temperature area that was over me has been replaced with a much below normal region, and the below normal area has expanded.  Is this summer, as strange as it would be for Texas, going to be a dud?  :D  Normally, I would wonder if the 4th of July fireworks displays would be cancelled due to burn bans, but now it seems like a rainout would be more likely.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 10:05:17 AM by Metarvo »

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15074 on: May 28, 2015, 09:49:13 PM »
Not sure where to put this, but it seems WeatherNation is now playing smooth jazz on their "local on the 5s". I heard them play a Boney James song not too long. I dont remember which song, but it was used on TWC a long time ago. It may have been Hypnotic.