April 27, 2024, 09:20:53 AM

Author Topic: The Front Porch  (Read 1769239 times)

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
Re: The Front Porch
« Reply #14940 on: August 06, 2013, 05:16:34 PM »
Really sorry to hear about your loss and rough year patrick :(

anyways im gonna probably be on an indefinite LoA from here until further notice.. having some issues personally that i do not wish to discuss and im a part of staff at a rather large forum now. yall can still reach me through irc, IM (which i will leave up on my profile for that purpose) or social media if you have me over there. bye for now :wave:
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 05:19:45 PM by Zach »
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline Metarvo

• Doesn't record TWC
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • HD Channel #: 214
« Reply #14941 on: August 06, 2013, 05:54:08 PM »
 :hmm:

Bye, Zach.  I'm sorry about the way things are going.  It seems like real life's taking a toll on the site lately, but things are bound to look up eventually.

phw115wvwx

« Reply #14942 on: August 07, 2013, 01:27:07 PM »
Sorry to see you go, Zach. :(  I hope things work out for you ahead and that you will be able to come back at some point.  We'll keep in touch over IM as usual.

I'm still waiting on FedEx to deliver an empty box for me to ship the laptop to Dell, but at least my operating system is healthy now with all my settings in place after 12 hours of work yesterday.  The laptop is functioning with no errors after letting it sit overnight with power, so I'm hopeful that Dell will agree my laptop is at full strength after their tests and repairs inside.

Offline TWCCraig

• SKYWARN Spotter
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
  • HD Channel #: 62
  • HD WxStar ID #: 31372
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
« Reply #14943 on: August 10, 2013, 05:34:29 PM »
This forum seems pretty dead. Not been having such a good time after I got back from vacation. Haven't done anything, bored out my mind, and haven't hung out with any one. July which was good for me, was only a fantasy. No one wants to hang out with me or talk to me. Typical summer bummer.  :(
Youtube.com/Theweatherchannelman <- Uploaded the most Intellistar 2 videos!
My Weather Station

Long Island, August-September 2012 tornadoes, Hurricane Sandy, Blizzard of 2013, how many places on Earth do you know can get all 3 of those events within a 6 month period?

Offline jtmal0723

• Jesse T. Maloney
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan, 1998 - present
    • View Profile
« Reply #14944 on: August 11, 2013, 03:44:41 AM »
There's usually a period of lull on the forums during the summer, midterms, and finals times...... it'll usually pick up soon.

Offline TWCCraig

• SKYWARN Spotter
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
  • HD Channel #: 62
  • HD WxStar ID #: 31372
« Reply #14945 on: August 13, 2013, 03:22:13 PM »
Got my wisdom tooth removed and some baby teeth. Not swollen and not in as much pain as expected.  :happy:
Youtube.com/Theweatherchannelman <- Uploaded the most Intellistar 2 videos!
My Weather Station

Long Island, August-September 2012 tornadoes, Hurricane Sandy, Blizzard of 2013, how many places on Earth do you know can get all 3 of those events within a 6 month period?

phw115wvwx

« Reply #14946 on: August 13, 2013, 06:23:57 PM »
I'm finally back online after getting my laptop back from Dell today!  Everything has been repaired. :happy:  I hope all of you have been okay, and I'm sorry for being so inactive lately.  I will be on vacation in three days, so I really hope the rest of this month is much better.

Offline Mike M

• Weatherscan Contributor
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #14947 on: August 14, 2013, 07:06:47 PM »
Wow, that was quicker than expected. Glad everything's all fixed and I hope you have a great time off. You deserve it. B)

phw115wvwx

« Reply #14948 on: August 14, 2013, 09:38:43 PM »
Wow, that was quicker than expected. Glad everything's all fixed and I hope you have a great time off. You deserve it. B)
Thanks!  Dell did overnight shipping for me from FedEx because of the time constraint with my vacation ahead.  While I might question whether it's the best brand for laptops, I really can't question the provided warranty services.

Offline TWCJim

• Fan of LOT8s/Wxscan, NOAA Weather Radio & the EAS
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • TWCJim's STAR Database
« Reply #14949 on: August 16, 2013, 01:27:03 AM »
Eight more days to go until my three-week break from work begins. It's a been a long stressful summer for me work-wise, and now I'm finally getting some much-needed vacation time  :happy:  :dance:  I'll be heading out of town on Saturday the 24th to visit relatives.
TWCJim's STAR Database
TWCJim (main YouTube channel)
EASJim (second YouTube channel for my EAS and NWR videos)

phw115wvwx

« Reply #14950 on: August 16, 2013, 07:20:51 AM »
Hope you have a good vacation when it arrives, Jim.  Mine starts later today when I finish my day shift, so I won't be around until after the following weekend.  I'm planning to see the Blue Ridge Parkway south of here toward NC and TN along with the Great Smoky Mountains and anything else along the way.  Hope everyone else has a good week ahead, and good luck if you're heading back to school soon! B)

Offline jtmal0723

• Jesse T. Maloney
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan, 1998 - present
    • View Profile
« Reply #14951 on: August 20, 2013, 07:04:21 AM »
My faith in humanity gets questioned every time something like this happens.......... http://www.buzzfeed.com/hnigatu/the-incredibly-offensive-letter-sent-to-a-mother-with-an-aut

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 832
  • SD Channel #: 32
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22204
  • WxScan Ch. #: 212
« Reply #14952 on: August 20, 2013, 02:10:58 PM »
A school shooting occurred in Decatur, GA (eastern suburb in Atlanta). Fortunately there were no injuries.
The gunman was a white male (20s) carrying a AK-47, he's in police custody now.

My Video Gaming YouTube Channel
NintenGamers Nation
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAi4m_Snvp3b4Vn13_Ir3rA

phw115wvwx

« Reply #14953 on: August 25, 2013, 03:08:15 PM »
I'm back from my vacation!  My trip went southward along the Blue Ridge Parkway toward Asheville, NC and Cherokee, NC.  Unfortunately, the fog and rain didn't help the view on top of the mountains. <_<  I did see the Cherokee Indian village and museum along the way before turning north to Gatlinburg, TN for the Ripley Aquarium and the Ripley Odditorium.  I did see a young black bear and a female elk while on the Blue Ridge Parkway up close rather than in a zoo. :happy:  Hope all of you are doing well.  I just now have to get over the post-vacation blues as my family just left for home. :hmm:

phw115wvwx

« Reply #14954 on: September 09, 2013, 01:46:00 PM »
I hate to bump my own post, but here is a reminder that the Front Porch will be closing on September 22 as autumn begins at 4:44 PM EDT.  We will move over to the Pot Belly Stove during the day.  I wish forum activity would pick up again though as things seem dead for the past couple months, which is making me put a hold on everything until decent activity resumes.