April 27, 2024, 05:12:23 PM

Author Topic: The Front Porch  (Read 1769787 times)

Offline Mike M

• Weatherscan Contributor
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: The Front Porch
« Reply #14715 on: April 17, 2013, 10:40:35 AM »
I got mine done early this month, but got a rather small refund since I was in and out of jobs last year.

phw115wvwx

« Reply #14716 on: April 21, 2013, 10:22:00 PM »
I finally reached a break from work, and I desperately needed it.  This year has been very rough for me, and I really hope things will turn around later in 2013.

Offline Mike M

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #14717 on: April 21, 2013, 11:21:48 PM »
This year has been very rough for me, and I really hope things will turn around later in 2013.
Why, what's been happening?

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
« Reply #14718 on: April 22, 2013, 12:16:16 AM »
This year has been very rough for me, and I really hope things will turn around later in 2013.
Why, what's been happening?
Yeah, what happened? I personally am enjoying 2013, it's going along fairly well though I do miss February and March of last year when I went to Manganext and the Image Anime trips with the anime club (they cancelled both trips this year).

phw115wvwx

« Reply #14719 on: April 22, 2013, 12:25:09 AM »
It's a long story, Mike and Victor.  Work has been really stressful, and it has also caused some serious personal issues for me.  Furthermore, I didn't get any of the general forecaster positions that came up earlier, and now the hiring freeze means I'll have to wait a while longer before I can even try again.  I haven't seen anyone in my family in weeks as they've been busy, but this break means they will come to see me soon.  I also must admit that I feel I've lost touch with some members here on this forum as I've sent several PMs to people in the past few months with no answer.  Why do you think I've tried to push at the administrators and moderators to expand the forum and make things more enjoyable here?  It's just been a bad start to this year for me overall. :(

Offline WeatherStarXL

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: MediaCom
  • HD Channel #: 753
  • HD WxStar ID #: I2xD
  • SD Channel #: 42
  • SD WxStar ID #: I2Jr
« Reply #14720 on: April 22, 2013, 12:52:14 AM »
I got mine done early this month, but got a rather small refund since I was in and out of jobs last year.
I am just glad tax season is over! It was definitely a rough one in the tax office.

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
« Reply #14721 on: April 23, 2013, 01:15:34 AM »
Getting hired and fired on the same day, not as uncommon as you think! I feel bad for the guy, he became way too nervous on his first day on the job as you could see and slipped the wrong words. While unprofessional, I think they should have not fired him and at least given him a warning. In ND, maybe they handle things differently but I don't see the big deal. Sue Simmons has cursed/gotten drunk on air more times than I can count in the US's largest TV market and yet she kept working before being let go last year.  Opinions? WARNING: FOUL LANGUAGE IN THE BEGINNING
KFYR News Anchor A.J. Clemente Drops F-bomb in TV Gaffe
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 02:49:20 AM by Localonthe8s »

Offline Mr. Rainman

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14722 on: April 23, 2013, 01:30:35 AM »
Getting hired and fired at the same day, not as uncommon as you think! I feel bad for the guy, he became way too nervous on his first day on the job as you can and slipped the wrong words. While unprofessional, I think they should have not fired him and at least given him a warning. In ND, maybe they handle things differently but I don't see the big deal. Sue Simmons has cursed/gotten drunk on air more times than I can count in the US's largest TV market and yet she kept working before being let go last year.  Opinions? WARNING: FOUL LANGUAGE IN THE BEGINNING
KFYR News Anchor A.J. Clemente Drops F-bomb in TV Gaffe

He clearly demonstrated his lack of ability. Yes, he cursed. A lot of anchors do that. He also looked at the wrong camera and just made for a generally painful broadcast. No news agency is going to keep a guy who screws up as badly, and as long, as he did in one show. I agree with the network on this one. It's not a North Dakota thing - trust me, "North Dakota Nice" is a real thing here.
Tiddlywinks.

phw115wvwx

« Reply #14723 on: April 24, 2013, 01:42:52 PM »
After a lot of work last night, I have created a template for a forecasting contest with complete rules for this forum that everyone can join.  Check out the Forecasting board, and feel free to indicate there what you think and if you'd like to participate. ;)

Offline twcfan68

• Fan of TWC 1998-2012
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 1014
  • SD Channel #: 14
« Reply #14724 on: April 24, 2013, 09:04:23 PM »
Well, today is my 22nd birthday, and I honestly can't believe how quickly time flies these days. I get slightly more depressed each year because I really don't want to hit that day when "it's all downhill from here"--from a physical appearance standpoint. However, I was fortunate to get a nice amount of gas money from my mom.  :happy: I don't get the countless amount of gifts anymore, but I don't expect or need as much now to know that my friends and family care about me.

Offline Mike M

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #14725 on: April 24, 2013, 10:40:19 PM »
Happy birthday Christina!! :) Yeah, I definitely am with you with that feeling :/

Offline Metarvo

• Doesn't record TWC
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • HD Channel #: 214
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #14726 on: April 25, 2013, 08:09:59 AM »
I hope you had a Happy Birthday!   :)  To me, it seems like at one time a year was almost forever; now it's no time at all.  So, I know what you mean.

Offline Donovan

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • SD Channel #: 214
« Reply #14727 on: April 27, 2013, 06:03:17 PM »
Local Forecast HD Debut

Do any of you know what the name of this song is? It's catchy and I would like to hear the full song.  :yes:

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14728 on: April 27, 2013, 06:07:28 PM »
Local Forecast HD Debut

Do any of you know what the name of this song is? It's catchy and I would like to hear the full song.  :yes:

Sounds like a Chris Geith song, but I'm not sure which one. :thinking:

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 832
  • SD Channel #: 32
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22204
  • WxScan Ch. #: 212
« Reply #14729 on: April 27, 2013, 06:07:52 PM »
Local Forecast HD Debut

"Fast Forward" by Chris Geith. I don't think it's commercially available though.  :no:

My Video Gaming YouTube Channel
NintenGamers Nation
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAi4m_Snvp3b4Vn13_Ir3rA