June 06, 2024, 08:44:33 PM

Author Topic: The Front Porch  (Read 1788737 times)

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
Re: The Front Porch
« Reply #14445 on: August 03, 2012, 03:44:13 PM »
Jim, have you also checked on the pctvsystems web site to see if your drivers are to date? You may have to reinstall your tuner's drivers as well. If you want to, I could try to remotely help you via Teamviewer, but it's up to you. :thumbsup:
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline TWCJim

• Fan of LOT8s/Wxscan, NOAA Weather Radio & the EAS
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • TWCJim's STAR Database
« Reply #14446 on: August 03, 2012, 04:16:17 PM »
Jim, have you also checked on the pctvsystems web site to see if your drivers are to date? You may have to reinstall your tuner's drivers as well. If you want to, I could try to remotely help you via Teamviewer, but it's up to you. :thumbsup:

I gave that a shot, but Windows had determined that the driver for the PCTV device is up to date. Also, the program w-lanTV says "No PCTV device found!" Are there any other options you can think of that I can try to do?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 04:19:49 PM by TWCJim »
TWCJim's STAR Database
TWCJim (main YouTube channel)
EASJim (second YouTube channel for my EAS and NWR videos)

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14447 on: August 03, 2012, 04:29:54 PM »

I gave that a shot, but Windows had determined that the driver for the PCTV device is up to date. Also, the program w-lanTV says "No PCTV device found!" Are there any other options you can think of that I can try to do?
Again, I can help you out through remote support via Teamviewer if you want, but if you do this, please make sure that no personal stuff is on your desktop. Also, did you reinstall the drivers?
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline TWCJim

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • TWCJim's STAR Database
« Reply #14448 on: August 03, 2012, 04:42:02 PM »

Again, I can help you out through remote support via Teamviewer if you want, but if you do this, please make sure that no personal stuff is on your desktop. Also, did you reinstall the drivers?

Yeah I tried that too, but no luck  :no:  I'll pass on the Teamviewer offer, but I think I'll try and work on the issue myself some more if I can. I definitely appreciate you trying to help me though, believe me. Thanks again for trying  :thumbsup:
TWCJim's STAR Database

phw115wvwx

« Reply #14449 on: August 03, 2012, 11:11:01 PM »
I only have seven more days to my summer vacation! :dance:  I realize that I'm really late, but I couldn't get it scheduled until this time.  I'm planning a 10-day break with family to visit some nearby places and just relax after all the work I've endured lately from almost non-stop severe weather.  For those of you who still have summer vacations that are months long, enjoy them as they won't last when you reach my stage in life.

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14450 on: August 03, 2012, 11:13:50 PM »
Wow, according to stats, today has been the most active day on the TWC Today/TWC Classics forums in all of 2012 so far! :dance:

i think its safe official to say that the inactivity from a week or so ago has finally ended  :P

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
« Reply #14451 on: August 04, 2012, 12:15:08 AM »
Funny u mentioned that I was looking at the forum stats about an hour ago :P

Offline Mike M

• Weatherscan Contributor
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #14452 on: August 04, 2012, 12:28:45 AM »
For those of you who still have summer vacations that are months long, enjoy them as they won't last when you reach my stage in life.
Heh you got that right, I already miss being a kid... a lot :(

phw115wvwx

« Reply #14453 on: August 04, 2012, 07:08:52 PM »
Heh you got that right, I already miss being a kid... a lot :(
You need to make the most of what's available for you in college.  We all can miss the childhood years when things seemed far more peaceful and innocent, but there's a lot that you can do in the years ahead.

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14454 on: August 05, 2012, 12:38:24 PM »
Quite frankly, i miss the 90s and everything 2003 and earlier. Being a kid is better than being an adult but I do love being independent and managing things my way. It's gives you a sense of accomplishment

Offline Mr. Rainman

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14455 on: August 05, 2012, 01:38:14 PM »
Tiddlywinks.

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Norfolk Weather Station
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 724
  • HD WxStar ID #: 029745
  • SD Channel #: 24
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22568
« Reply #14456 on: August 05, 2012, 08:29:48 PM »
I found this intriguing. Looks like NCEP finally has a new home. Bye, Camp Springs. Hello, College Park!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/trafficandcommuting/noaa-moving-forecasting-center-to-college-park/2012/08/04/6b5f208e-ddac-11e1-af1d-753c613ff6d8_story.html

Yep they started moving in earlier last month. Its a really nice building
http://www.ncep.noaa.gov/news/ncwcp/

Offline TWCJim

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • TWCJim's STAR Database
« Reply #14457 on: August 06, 2012, 11:11:14 AM »
The Long Beach Peninsula has a monthly testing of their tsunami siren system, which occurs on the first Monday of every month at noon, my time. The Westminster Chimes are played for about 10 seconds followed by a 15-second verbal statement saying that it was only a test. Sometime once every year, the actual warning tone is played for about three minutes, and this occurs if an actual emergency was happening.

Today at noon, my time, I will attempt to record a video of the monthly test using my camera at one of the peninsula's siren poles located in Seaview, WA (the closest one I live near, which is about a mile from my house in LB.) If I successfully get a video, I'll post it here. Wish me luck   :)
TWCJim's STAR Database

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14458 on: August 06, 2012, 01:35:17 PM »
dO post, their sirens are fascinating. Did anyone hear about the mass shooting at a Milwaukee temple? Terrible stuff going on. People are so sick and crazy these days

Offline Mr. Rainman

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14459 on: August 06, 2012, 02:14:19 PM »
People are nuts. That's all I can really say.

This got me really steamed, though. NASCAR should probably work on getting their fans to shelter more quickly when a storm moves through - or be ready especially when the forecast says thunderstorms likely. Ugh.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/08/06/sport/motorsport/nascar-lightning-death/index.html?hpt=hp_t3
Tiddlywinks.