June 06, 2024, 06:12:23 PM

Author Topic: The Front Porch  (Read 1788484 times)

Offline TWCJim

• Fan of LOT8s/Wxscan, NOAA Weather Radio & the EAS
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • TWCJim's STAR Database
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
Re: The Front Porch
« Reply #14400 on: July 24, 2012, 10:33:26 PM »
Okay kiddies, I just ordered the Pinnacle PCTV HD USB 2.0 Stick 23049 from Amazon. You can expect to see HD TWC clips from me in the near future, if this USB stick picks all of up the digital channels (including TWC in HD) on my limited basic cable service from Charter  :)
TWCJim's STAR Database
TWCJim (main YouTube channel)
EASJim (second YouTube channel for my EAS and NWR videos)

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14401 on: July 24, 2012, 11:01:05 PM »
Okay kiddies, I just ordered the Pinnacle PCTV HD USB 2.0 Stick 23049 from Amazon. You can expect to see HD TWC clips from me in the near future, if this USB stick picks all of up the digital channels (including TWC in HD) on my limited basic cable service from Charter  :)
Are you certain about that? I did a Silicondust search for Long Beach, WA and TWC HD doesn't show up.. :unsure:
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline Trevor

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
« Reply #14402 on: July 24, 2012, 11:10:26 PM »
It doesn't show TWC HD for my area either, even though I do receive TWC HD. I think it hasn't been updated in a while.

http://www.silicondust.com/hdhomerun/lineup_web/US:38671#lineup_8350909

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
« Reply #14403 on: July 24, 2012, 11:13:20 PM »
It doesn't show TWC HD for my area either, even though I do receive TWC HD. I think it hasn't been updated in a while.

Generally, silicondust doesn't show TWC for their Comcast lineups. I could be wrong but when I used that website frequently in the past, I would never get TWC on a comcast based listing. You're going to have a better chance finding TWC from Time Warner, Cox and local independent cable companies...although that doesn't mean every single Comcast lineup won't have TWC listed. I think I found one for LA once

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14404 on: July 24, 2012, 11:16:02 PM »

That's because Silicondust only shows unencrypted channels for cable lineups. TWC HD isn't unencrypted in too many areas :no:
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline TWCJim

• Fan of LOT8s/Wxscan, NOAA Weather Radio & the EAS
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • TWCJim's STAR Database
« Reply #14405 on: July 24, 2012, 11:21:28 PM »
Are you certain about that? I did a Silicondust search for Long Beach, WA and TWC HD doesn't show up.. :unsure:

According to the channel lineup on Charter's website for ZIP 98631 (Long Beach) TWC in HD is listed under basic, which I get with the HD TV I have in my master bedroom, however, it is listed as channel 1-1 on the TV instead of 763 as listed in Charter's lineup. I attached a screenshot of the lineup for LB for reference. It's not the actual screenshot, I merged a still of the TWCHD row with a still of the cable package column to show where the channel is listed under.
TWCJim's STAR Database
TWCJim (main YouTube channel)
EASJim (second YouTube channel for my EAS and NWR videos)

Offline Nathan - a.k.a. NWRGeek

• also elevatorsonly
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: DirecTV
  • HD Channel #: 362
  • HD WxStar ID #: 24131
  • SD Channel #: 362
  • SD WxStar ID #: 24131
« Reply #14406 on: July 25, 2012, 08:15:33 AM »
Is anyone having issues replying to comments on youtube? The reply button isn't working for me at all anywhere on the site...
You have to delete your Google+ account. (not my fault)
Thanks NBC Comcast for driving me away from TWC. You've officially made TWC junk, NBC Comcast.

Offline Mike M

• Weatherscan Contributor
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #14407 on: July 25, 2012, 09:18:56 PM »
silicondust is back? hooo!! :thrilled:

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14408 on: July 25, 2012, 09:37:29 PM »
silicondust is back? hooo!! :thrilled:
Yes, it has been for a month now. ;)

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 832
  • SD Channel #: 32
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22204
  • WxScan Ch. #: 212
« Reply #14409 on: July 25, 2012, 10:40:27 PM »
I don't know how many of you know or have heard of Monica Pearson (Kaufman) She is a true legend of Atlanta's local news at WSB-TV anchoring at that station for 37 years (July 1975-July 25, 2012) You probably noticed I have today's date in the parenthesis, well today was her very last day anchoring the 4pm and 6pm evening newscast. I'm gonna miss seeing her on a daily basis, I grew up watching this lady most of my life, were talking nearly 20 years here! :lol: She's very poise, professional, a true class act, and is truly irreplaceable. This station will never be the same without her, I almost started to cry once it sunk in for me she would no longer be there. :cry3: Her co-anchors Justin Farmer and Jovita Moore will be taking on the torch as the next generation. I have no doubt they’ll make Monica proud, they’re a great pair, but they have some MAJOR shoes to fill.
A few tidbits about her:
Broke racial barriers by becoming not only the first female news anchor, but the first black female news anchor in Atlanta changing the landscape of Atlanta's news industry.
She beat out Jane Pauley (Former TODAY show host) and get this: Oprah Winfrey for the job! Robin Roberts (GMA host) and Monica are former colleagues/friends having worked together at WSB back in the 1980s.
Has covered many major stories in the nation and around the world.
Has won 33 Emmys for her journalism work.
After retirement, she plans to attend UGA (University of Georgia) for the Fall 2012 semester to get her Masters in broadcast journalism (She already has her Bachelors) and after that become a teacher along with continuing her humanitarian work.
 I'll let this video do the rest of the talking if any of you are interested in watching This is only Part 1, At the end, Diane Sawyer sends her best wishes in a video message.

Monica Pearson's Last Day Anchoring WSB-TV's Evening Newscast - July 25, 2012 1/2

Monica Pearson's Last Day Anchoring WSB-TV's Evening Newscast - July 25, 2012 2/2
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 09:21:31 AM by WxSTAR4000FTW »

My Video Gaming YouTube Channel
NintenGamers Nation
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAi4m_Snvp3b4Vn13_Ir3rA

Offline Eric

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14410 on: July 25, 2012, 10:42:45 PM »
At least to know it's nice that she's leaving of her own free will instead of being forced out.

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14411 on: July 25, 2012, 10:46:30 PM »
At least to know it's nice that she's leaving of her own free will instead of being forced out.

They would never force her out, she's like the "Jim Cantore" of Atlanta news. Besides that station is literally like a tight knit family it would be an ultimate betrayal and raise plenty of hell with viewers believe me.

NintenGamers Nation

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14412 on: July 25, 2012, 11:13:48 PM »
I miss seeing Dagmar Midcap on WGCL. When I went to Atlanta, I would watch her every night on there back in 2008. She was very professional with her job though I can understand her reasons for leaving the station 2 years ago.

Pearson is another great OCM. I wish them the best of luck with their future endeavors. 37 years is quite an accomplishment

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14413 on: July 26, 2012, 12:19:22 AM »
I miss seeing Dagmar Midcap on WGCL. When I went to Atlanta, I would watch her every night on there back in 2008. She was very professional with her job though I can understand her reasons for leaving the station 2 years ago.

Pearson is another great OCM. I wish them the best of luck with their future endeavors. 37 years is quite an accomplishment

Don't you mean news anchor? Monica isn't an OCM.

Dagmar had a nice down to earth and charismatic personality which I liked. For something who isn't certified, she seemed to act as if she knew quite a bit. As shallow as this sounds, she's the only reason I would watch that channel. She was voted Sexiest Weather Girl here that same year I believe. Pretty sad about what happened to her boyfriend, I can understand why she chose to move to California to be with family. She's an OCM in San Diego now.

NintenGamers Nation

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14414 on: July 26, 2012, 12:27:53 AM »
yeah sorry...I keep getting OCM and anchor mixed up. On the flipside, I saw Scott Williams on WTXF recently. When did he leave TWC for our home station? :huh:
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 01:11:53 AM by Localonthe8s »