June 07, 2024, 03:53:47 AM

Author Topic: The Front Porch  (Read 1789308 times)

Offline jtmal0723

• Jesse T. Maloney
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan, 1998 - present
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: The Front Porch
« Reply #14175 on: June 21, 2012, 06:48:55 PM »
Did anyone see the video of a school bus monitor being bullied by a group of middle school kids? Absolutely heartless and cruel to watch.
Link to what he's referring to: http://www.wgrz.com/news/article/172031/37/Rochester-Area-School-Investigating-Making-Bus-Monitor-Cry-Video-

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 832
  • SD Channel #: 32
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22204
  • WxScan Ch. #: 212
« Reply #14176 on: June 21, 2012, 07:19:57 PM »
Saw this on the local news, sad, very, very, sad.  :( Those kids are nothing but a bunch of pathetic a-holes.

My Video Gaming YouTube Channel
NintenGamers Nation
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAi4m_Snvp3b4Vn13_Ir3rA

Offline TWCCraig

• SKYWARN Spotter
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
  • HD Channel #: 62
  • HD WxStar ID #: 31372
« Reply #14177 on: June 21, 2012, 07:54:13 PM »
Another reason why I dislike a lot of other people my age, they are so ignorant.  :no:
Youtube.com/Theweatherchannelman <- Uploaded the most Intellistar 2 videos!
My Weather Station

Long Island, August-September 2012 tornadoes, Hurricane Sandy, Blizzard of 2013, how many places on Earth do you know can get all 3 of those events within a 6 month period?

Offline TWCJim

• Fan of LOT8s/Wxscan, NOAA Weather Radio & the EAS
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • TWCJim's STAR Database
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #14178 on: June 21, 2012, 07:59:18 PM »
I watched this video on TV earlier. I feel so sorry for that lady  :(  Why must kids like that be so cruel and mean? I hope they go to a boot camp or some kind of hardcore detention facility  :hammer:
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 08:26:51 PM by TWCJim »
TWCJim's STAR Database
TWCJim (main YouTube channel)
EASJim (second YouTube channel for my EAS and NWR videos)

phw115wvwx

« Reply #14179 on: June 21, 2012, 09:16:00 PM »
I could argue this is the real problem in our society and this world.  Nothing else matters if we're unable to get along with each other.  I feel it's the biggest reason I have so much trouble making friends and being lonely so much in my life. :(

Offline Trevor

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
« Reply #14180 on: June 21, 2012, 09:30:14 PM »
I did see that video, I couldn't watch past 1:15 because it was so cruel and disturbing. I feel so sorry for the woman, but a fund has raised over $300,000 to donate to her, originally to fund her a vacation, now it's enough that she could possibly retire.

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14181 on: June 21, 2012, 09:42:12 PM »
I did see that video, I couldn't watch past 1:15 because it was so cruel and disturbing. I feel so sorry for the woman, but a fund has raised over $300,000 to donate to her, originally to fund her a vacation, now it's enough that she could possibly retire.
She's making almost 400k now from the fundraiser money. Seriously makes me think what parents teach their kids these days.

What really inspires me is how calm and patient she was. If it was me, those kids probably would get the lesson of their lives.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 09:47:15 PM by Localonthe8s »

Offline Stephen

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 1038
  • HD WxStar ID #: 28111
  • SD Channel #: 38
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22694
  • WxScan Ch. #: 324
« Reply #14182 on: June 21, 2012, 10:21:28 PM »
It sickens me when I hear stuff like this. I don't understand how people can have the nerve to mistreat people (especially the elderly) like that, . :no:

Kids and teens like those really need to learn how to treat people as they themselves wish to be treated. It's a simple concept, but apparently that's too much for some to grasp. <_<

phw115wvwx

« Reply #14183 on: June 22, 2012, 08:52:01 AM »
It sickens me when I hear stuff like this. I don't understand how people can have the nerve to mistreat people (especially the elderly) like that, . :no:

Kids and teens like those really need to learn how to treat people as they themselves wish to be treated. It's a simple concept, but apparently that's too much for some to grasp. <_<
It's because they don't know better and don't care thanks to the parents who should be teaching them those values from an early age and enforcing real discipline when they don't listen.

Offline TWCCraig

• SKYWARN Spotter
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 62
  • HD WxStar ID #: 31372
« Reply #14184 on: June 22, 2012, 03:38:45 PM »
Nice storm just came through with a rainfall rate of an inch an hour and gusts to 60mph. Branches are down here and there, some of the tall trees in my area are bent now due to the strong winds. The streets are completely flooded as well.

EDIT: After looking around, I noticed that there was lots of large branches and trees down. Lots of traffic lights out.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 06:11:57 PM by TWCCraig »
Youtube.com/Theweatherchannelman <- Uploaded the most Intellistar 2 videos!
My Weather Station

Long Island, August-September 2012 tornadoes, Hurricane Sandy, Blizzard of 2013, how many places on Earth do you know can get all 3 of those events within a 6 month period?

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14185 on: June 22, 2012, 05:32:50 PM »
Nice storm just came through with a rainfall rate of an inch an hour and gusts to 60mph. Branches are down here and there, some of the tall trees in my area are bent now due to the strong winds. The streets are completely flooded as well.
We got a popup call about 3 hours ago but the sun was still outside shining. :huh:

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14186 on: June 22, 2012, 11:55:06 PM »
Please excuse the double post but I was finally able to get the videos I wanted to WMV. The only problem is that the files are too big and I wanted to trim them down to 25MB so I can email them back to me as a backup.

However every time I go to WMM and try to save the files, it'll go no more than 10% and I get this message: "Windows Movie Maker cannot save the movie to the specified location. Verify that the original source files used in your movie are still available, that the saving location is still available, and that there is enough free disk space available, and then try again."

The videos play fine on WMM. I have enough free space and the original source files are still there. This is making me mad.  <_< I've done everything and I still get this error message on all 16 of the videos I'm trying to save. They ranged from 8 to 10 minutes in length. Do you guys know what else could be the problem? Could it be WMM having an issue processing with the file? In any case I am planning to install VirtualDub and use that to process my videos. Would you guys recommend it over Movie Maker?

Offline Mike M

• Weatherscan Contributor
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #14187 on: June 23, 2012, 12:05:57 AM »
Victor, ANYTHING is better than Movie Maker. It gave me enough headaches so I gave up on it like two years ago.

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14188 on: June 23, 2012, 12:13:19 AM »
Well I never had any major issues with it until now!! 

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #14189 on: June 23, 2012, 12:17:02 AM »
I would recommend using VirtualDub with XviD, but seeing how your Slingbox records in the .asf format, it wouldnt work because none of the Windows media formats are supported by VDub :no:
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~