June 07, 2024, 03:56:16 AM

Author Topic: The Front Porch  (Read 1789312 times)

Offline Charismatic Applesauce

• Nice and mushy.
  • Ultimate Member
  • A tu lado.
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 270
  • SD Channel #: 30
  • SD WxStar ID #: 21813
  • WxScan Ch. #: 116
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: The Front Porch
« Reply #14115 on: June 15, 2012, 10:41:20 AM »
I'm glad that school is finally over for me as of Wednesday. :D

Also, unless you've been putting on a blindfold when seeing my posts, you should have noticed my new username. Points for creativity, amirite? :P
iWitness   YouTube   Twitter   Facebook
Neither rain or shine will keep a man from making an ass of himself on the news. —Anderson Cooper

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
« Reply #14116 on: June 15, 2012, 11:02:31 AM »
I don't get it :huh:

Offline Trevor

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14117 on: June 15, 2012, 11:04:55 AM »
Folks, this is just a reminder that if you're posting a lot in the game room that you need to also post elsewhere in the forum as well.  The limit rule is still there, and a couple of you got close to it last night.  What in the world happened to have the "Which Would You Prefer?" game suddenly get 34 posts in 3 1/2 hours? :wacko:

I wasn't aware of a limit rule on posting in the game room. Sorry.

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #14118 on: June 15, 2012, 11:30:39 AM »
Folks, this is just a reminder that if you're posting a lot in the game room that you need to also post elsewhere in the forum as well.  The limit rule is still there, and a couple of you got close to it last night.  What in the world happened to have the "Which Would You Prefer?" game suddenly get 34 posts in 3 1/2 hours? :wacko:

I wasn't aware of a limit rule on posting in the game room. Sorry.
Yeah, there is a limit. It just says that users have to participate elsewhere in the forum so that they can continue posting in games.. Patrick, there isn't really a limit on how much we could post in the game room at a time per this post... :no:

However, you MUST participate elsewhere in the forum to continue to be allowed to post in here. As long as you participate regularly elsewhere on the boards you can post here as much as you wish.
The underlined portion of the above quote says that there really isn't a limit on how much one could post in there. For as long as I can remember, the rule was that you couldn't always post in the Game Room, and you were fine as long as you were active in other parts of the forum. :yes:
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 11:32:33 AM by Zach »
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline Mike M

• Weatherscan Contributor
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #14119 on: June 15, 2012, 12:05:00 PM »
Yeah sorry, wasn't really paying attention there. I made 2-3 posts there, but then I noticed there were 30+ posts there when I came in there an hour later.

The underlined portion of the above quote says that there really isn't a limit on how much one could post in there. For as long as I can remember, the rule was that you couldn't always post in the Game Room, and you were fine as long as you were active in other parts of the forum. :yes:
IIRC, the limit was either 40% or 60% (one of those two) of posts in the game room a day when I was told about posting there too much a few years back.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 12:09:23 PM by Mike M »

Offline Charismatic Applesauce

• Nice and mushy.
  • Ultimate Member
  • A tu lado.
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 270
  • SD Channel #: 30
  • SD WxStar ID #: 21813
  • WxScan Ch. #: 116
« Reply #14120 on: June 15, 2012, 01:05:37 PM »
iWitness   YouTube   Twitter   Facebook
Neither rain or shine will keep a man from making an ass of himself on the news. —Anderson Cooper

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14121 on: June 15, 2012, 01:18:25 PM »
Zach and Mike: I think you all have overlooked the following bolded part in that post that Martin made about the new Game Room rules.  (It's found in the third paragraph.)

Posting restrictions here are those that govern the entire forum (see the forum rules thread in the news board). However, you MUST participate elsewhere in the forum to continue to be allowed to post in here. As long as you participate regularly elsewhere on the boards you can post here as much as you wish. However, no one will be allowed to lounge in here and not participate elsewhere. Those who are found to be doing so will not be allowed access to the game room and/or may receive a warning from an admin at any time. The warning is non-negotiable and subject to change in severity depending on the case. Game Room posts should not exceed more than 60% of a persons daily posts if a person has greater than 10 posts per day.

I know this is a lot of math and stuff to think about.  Basically, we're just saying that we do not want people joining the forums or coming here just to make posts in the Game Room.  That is not why these forums were created.  If you would like to have fun every once and awhile, by all means do it, but please do not post something in the Game Room every other minute and then post nothing else.

For those of you who are new and may not understand the rule, we had a problem with this a couple of years ago, so this is how we're trying to resolve it.  Hope that helps you guys. :)

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
« Reply #14122 on: June 15, 2012, 01:32:51 PM »
Zach and Mike: I think you all have overlooked the following bolded part in that post that Martin made about the new Game Room rules.  (It's found in the third paragraph.)

Posting restrictions here are those that govern the entire forum (see the forum rules thread in the news board). However, you MUST participate elsewhere in the forum to continue to be allowed to post in here. As long as you participate regularly elsewhere on the boards you can post here as much as you wish. However, no one will be allowed to lounge in here and not participate elsewhere. Those who are found to be doing so will not be allowed access to the game room and/or may receive a warning from an admin at any time. The warning is non-negotiable and subject to change in severity depending on the case. Game Room posts should not exceed more than 60% of a persons daily posts if a person has greater than 10 posts per day.

I know this is a lot of math and stuff to think about.  Basically, we're just saying that we do not want people joining the forums or coming here just to make posts in the Game Room.  That is not why these forums were created.  If you would like to have fun every once and awhile, by all means do it, but please do not post something in the Game Room every other minute and then post nothing else.

For those of you who are new and may not understand the rule, we had a problem with this a couple of years ago, so this is how we're trying to resolve it.  Hope that helps you guys. :)
I don't understand why this is such a big deal (especially if it hasn't happened lately). Feel free to critique but I don't think it's right for the members to be warned about every little thing just by posting here. That is just creating an atmosphere where people may be more afraid to post and in turn decrease more activity, particularly at a time when most active members are not tuning into TWC anymore.

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
« Reply #14123 on: June 15, 2012, 01:50:26 PM »

Ah yes, I do see that now.. thanks for clearing it up! :)
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline Mr. Rainman

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14124 on: June 15, 2012, 02:43:57 PM »

I don't understand why this is such a big deal (especially if it hasn't happened lately). Feel free to critique but I don't think it's right for the members to be warned about every little thing just by posting here. That is just creating an atmosphere where people may be more afraid to post and in turn decrease more activity, particularly at a time when most active members are not tuning into TWC anymore.

As long as one reads and understands the rules here on this forum, then I don't see how one could be afraid to post here. This was simply a friendly reminder about a rule that hasn't been a problem for a few years, a time span many members haven't been here for. I personally don't see that post as a warning at all.
Tiddlywinks.

phw115wvwx

« Reply #14125 on: June 15, 2012, 04:36:06 PM »
For the record, I have no issue with you all posting in the game room, but I just want it under control to prevent a complete meltdown that I had seen during previous summers.  You all should be lucky it's still there as there was a time some people wanted it gone completely.  Thus, it's just a friendly reminder and nothing more.  I'm just trying to prevent worse things from happening as I've already had a ton of workload on this forum lately.

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 832
  • SD Channel #: 32
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22204
  • WxScan Ch. #: 212
« Reply #14126 on: June 15, 2012, 09:03:17 PM »
Out of curiosity, anybody watching that guy walk across a tightrope over Niagara Falls tonight?

My Video Gaming YouTube Channel
NintenGamers Nation
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAi4m_Snvp3b4Vn13_Ir3rA

Offline Trevor

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14127 on: June 15, 2012, 09:05:02 PM »
I heard about it, but I'm not going to watch most likely.

Offline Mr. Rainman

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14128 on: June 15, 2012, 09:19:32 PM »
All I can say is  :blink:. That would scare the living  :censored: out of me.
Tiddlywinks.

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 832
  • SD Channel #: 32
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22204
  • WxScan Ch. #: 212
« Reply #14129 on: June 15, 2012, 09:33:19 PM »
All I can say is  :blink:. That would scare the living  :censored: out of me.

Well from what I heard he is the 7th generation of daredevils in his family so he's definitely fearless. All I can say is Good Luck, he's gonna need it. He can't really afford to make one mistake.  :no:

My Video Gaming YouTube Channel
NintenGamers Nation
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAi4m_Snvp3b4Vn13_Ir3rA