June 06, 2024, 07:49:04 PM

Author Topic: The Front Porch  (Read 1788654 times)

phw115wvwx

Re: The Front Porch
« Reply #14055 on: May 27, 2012, 10:40:31 PM »
Any further conversations about where you've been should be taken over to this thread that Trevor made: 
https://twctodayforums.com/forums/general-discussion/where-in-the-world-have-you-been/

Happy Memorial Day, everyone! B)

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #14056 on: May 30, 2012, 09:19:37 AM »
So I tried turning on one of the iMacs in my schools TV production room just now to find it wasn't turning on.. Then I go to the backside of the cart it sits on and notice the surge protector strip is off.. So when I flip the switch to the reset position I hear some sort of static noise.. so I flipped it back off. Then seconds later I smell a foul electrical odor... no smoke was seen but had I have left the power strip on then a fire could've started.. I unplugged the strip from the wall to prevent any further damage. I'm not sure if that fried the machine though. :hmm:
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline yourweathertoday

• View Profile
  • HD Channel #: N/A
  • HD WxStar ID #: -
  • SD Channel #: N/A
  • SD WxStar ID #: -
  • WxScan Ch. #: N/A
  • WxScan ID #: N/A
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
« Reply #14057 on: May 30, 2012, 12:17:11 PM »
So I tried turning on one of the iMacs in my schools TV production room just now to find it wasn't turning on.. Then I go to the backside of the cart it sits on and notice the surge protector strip is off.. So when I flip the switch to the reset position I hear some sort of static noise.. so I flipped it back off. Then seconds later I smell a foul electrical odor... no smoke was seen but had I have left the power strip on then a fire could've started.. I unplugged the strip from the wall to prevent any further damage. I'm not sure if that fried the machine though. :hmm:

Hmmmmm, if it was the strip that fried, I think the machine will be okay, especially if it was turned off. I did something similar once.

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
« Reply #14058 on: June 01, 2012, 03:33:34 PM »
I don't know if this is the right place to post this but here's a compilation of TWC smooth jazz/new age tunes that have been used on TWC over the past few years on the WFMZ 69 Accuweather channel. I already have 7 such compilations already. This is my 8th one. Feel free to watch and enjoy the music. B)
The Weather Channel's Smooth Jazz Music Makes a Comeback (5/12 - 6/1/12)

Offline Eric

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14059 on: June 01, 2012, 06:23:56 PM »
Wow - I haven't watched channel 69 in ages.  What kind of programming does it have now?  Is it affiliated with a network?

Offline Mike M

• Weatherscan Contributor
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #14060 on: June 01, 2012, 06:42:31 PM »
Wow - I haven't watched channel 69 in ages.  What kind of programming does it have now?  Is it affiliated with a network?
No, channel 69 is an independent network. Outside of news it's mostly reruns of TV series of multiple genres. They have a digital weather subchannel that is simulcasted on the main channel overnights.

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14061 on: June 01, 2012, 06:44:26 PM »
No, it's independently owned. They show the accuweather feed from 1:30-4am on weekdays and 1:30 - 6am on weekends from their own 24/7 Accuweather Channel. They have their own news station and everything.

Offline Eric

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14062 on: June 01, 2012, 10:09:00 PM »
I miss "Action News" on channel 6.  The theme song alone was enough to make me want to tune in!

Offline Mike M

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #14063 on: June 01, 2012, 10:25:30 PM »
I miss "Action News" on channel 6.  The theme song alone was enough to make me want to tune in!
Me too. I love the anchors on channel 6 a lot better than on the other stations, especially Rob Jennings, Chris Sowers,  Jim Gardner, and Dann Cuellar.

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14064 on: June 01, 2012, 11:04:24 PM »
Me too. I love the anchors on channel 6 a lot better than on the other stations, especially Rob Jennings, Chris Sowers,  Jim Gardner, and Dann Cuellar.
I watch it every night and whenever I'm at home. They do a good deal in covering the Philadelphia area's news events. Not to mention the weatherwoman, Melissa Magee <3

Offline jtmal0723

• Jesse T. Maloney
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan, 1998 - present
    • View Profile
« Reply #14065 on: June 01, 2012, 11:45:48 PM »
Did they trash the Action News and theme? Last I checked both still existed... Am I missing something? :unsure:

Offline Mike M

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #14066 on: June 02, 2012, 12:05:24 AM »
Did they trash the Action News and theme? Last I checked both still existed... Am I missing something? :unsure:
You misunderstood... he "misses" it because he lives in Florida now. ;)

Offline Eric

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14067 on: June 02, 2012, 06:15:42 AM »

No, it's still there.  I just haven't had the opportunity to watch television from Philadelphia since the late 1990s, and southeast Pennsylvania has a lot of nostalgia for me.  :)

phw115wvwx

« Reply #14068 on: June 02, 2012, 01:41:20 PM »
For some reason, I have never visited Philadelphia while growing up.  I have been in most of the other major cities nearby, so I don't know how I missed Philadelphia.  Maybe someday I'll make up for it.

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14069 on: June 02, 2012, 01:48:27 PM »
I rarely go to Philadelphia. Despite being there much closer than NYC, I've only really driven past there. Last time I went to Philly probably was in the summer of 2010.