June 06, 2024, 06:04:19 PM

Author Topic: The Front Porch  (Read 1788470 times)

Offline gt1racerlHDl

• Music Playlist Uploader
  • Ultimate Member
  • Smooth Jazz Fan
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 847
  • HD WxStar ID #: N/A
  • SD Channel #: 47
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22622
  • WxScan Ch. #: 245
  • WxScan ID #: 20735
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: The Front Porch
« Reply #13935 on: May 02, 2012, 10:55:22 AM »
Currently i'm almost done with this project i started Early April

The Official AVS Nationwide Cable Provider Maps

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #13936 on: May 02, 2012, 08:37:54 PM »
So is anyone else seeing Tweets on YT pages now?  This must be yet another feature they've added. :blink:

Offline TWCCraig

• SKYWARN Spotter
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
  • HD Channel #: 62
  • HD WxStar ID #: 31372
« Reply #13937 on: May 03, 2012, 02:20:15 PM »
OMG, talk about a coincidence!  :o The same thing that happened to Zach and Curt happened to me in school today! Some one lit a trash can in the boys locker room on fire! The whole building had to be evacuated, for the second day in a row! Yesterday, we had the building evacuated and the fire department come all because of a burnt bagel. Are you kidding me? I can't believe the same thing that happened to Zach and Curt happened to me today, I thought that would never happen at my school, well, I guess I underestimated that. :rolleyes:
Youtube.com/Theweatherchannelman <- Uploaded the most Intellistar 2 videos!
My Weather Station

Long Island, August-September 2012 tornadoes, Hurricane Sandy, Blizzard of 2013, how many places on Earth do you know can get all 3 of those events within a 6 month period?

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 832
  • SD Channel #: 32
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22204
  • WxScan Ch. #: 212
« Reply #13938 on: May 03, 2012, 02:37:29 PM »
I've seen the same thing happen when I was in high school too, it's about as worse as lighting firecrackers in a crowded hallway, the same hallway where most of the admins. usually are and couple of them have their offices. How dumb can you be? You're begging to get caught. :rolleyes:

My Video Gaming YouTube Channel
NintenGamers Nation
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAi4m_Snvp3b4Vn13_Ir3rA

Offline Mr. Rainman

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13939 on: May 03, 2012, 04:24:45 PM »
I need an honest opinion from you folks - I got hooked getting weather information out to people since that recording a few days ago, so last night I started a blog for our website. It's located here.

http://theweathercentertwco.wordpress.com/

What do you guys think? Too technical, too many pictures, too cluttered, just right? Any opinion would help.

As for the trash cans, I've never seen or heard of that happening in any of my schools. In middle school, it was always bomb threats during exam week.  :wacko:
Tiddlywinks.

Offline Eric

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
« Reply #13940 on: May 03, 2012, 05:55:19 PM »
Too many graphics on one page.  That could take forever to download on slower connections.

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 832
  • SD Channel #: 32
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22204
  • WxScan Ch. #: 212
« Reply #13941 on: May 03, 2012, 09:16:02 PM »
I agree with Eric about the pictures, but other than that they were great blog entries, writing wasn't too technical. I think pretty much anybody would be able to understand what you're saying although some folks might not know what the word "diurnal" means but that's not a big deal.  ;) Also you did quite a bit of blog entries today, not that there's anything wrong with that given the situation. 

My Video Gaming YouTube Channel
NintenGamers Nation
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAi4m_Snvp3b4Vn13_Ir3rA

Offline Anistorm

• Ultimate Member
  • I'm fabulous.
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • HD Channel #: 5367
  • SD Channel #: 214
« Reply #13942 on: May 04, 2012, 01:11:56 AM »
OMG, talk about a coincidence!  :o The same thing that happened to Zach and Curt happened to me in school today! Some one lit a trash can in the boys locker room on fire! The whole building had to be evacuated, for the second day in a row! Yesterday, we had the building evacuated and the fire department come all because of a burnt bagel. Are you kidding me? I can't believe the same thing that happened to Zach and Curt happened to me today, I thought that would never happen at my school, well, I guess I underestimated that. :rolleyes:

bahahahaha. Those were goooooooooooooooood times when I was in high school. I remember when I was a freshman, there were always trash can fires, and bathroom fires almost everyday. My first high school was just that dumb. lol
hi~ I'm Anistorm.
I'm not a girl, nor a woman. I am a lady.
Member since 2008.
I like thunderstorms.
I'm a moderator at another forum, so my
activity is not as awesome as you think.
Ask for my skype, tumblr and/or twitter.

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13943 on: May 04, 2012, 02:49:30 PM »

bahahahaha. Those were goooooooooooooooood times when I was in high school. I remember when I was a freshman, there were always trash can fires, and bathroom fires almost everyday. My first high school was just that dumb. lol

My gosh.  And I thought I went to a bad high school. :blink:  If that stuff did happen, I was certainly unaware of it.  There were mainly just fights at my school, and usually between girls (which let me tell you, can be much more vicious than guy fights). :P

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13944 on: May 04, 2012, 08:00:36 PM »
I'm really nervous now.. tomorrow I have my first ever SAT test which will hopefully be good enough for where I won't need to retake it assuming I get a good score.. wish me luck everyone  :)
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline Eric

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13945 on: May 04, 2012, 08:10:08 PM »
Good luck!

So long as you've prepared (and I'm sure you have), you shouldn't have anything to worry about.  Don't let the pressure get to you and you'll do fine.

phw115wvwx

« Reply #13946 on: May 05, 2012, 01:30:41 PM »
I'm really nervous now.. tomorrow I have my first ever SAT test which will hopefully be good enough for where I won't need to retake it assuming I get a good score.. wish me luck everyone  :)
Hope you did well, Zach.  I remember taking it three times, but my best score came on the first one.  I'd also recommend taking the ACT later as I think it's way easier to get a better score on it compared to the SAT.

Offline Mike M

• Weatherscan Contributor
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #13947 on: May 05, 2012, 03:55:26 PM »
Hope you did well, Zach.  I remember taking it three times, but my best score came on the first one.  I'd also recommend taking the ACT later as I think it's way easier to get a better score on it compared to the SAT.
Yes, and IIRC you don't get penalized for getting wrong answers on the ACT unlike in the SAT.

Offline TWCCraig

• SKYWARN Spotter
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
  • HD Channel #: 62
  • HD WxStar ID #: 31372
« Reply #13948 on: May 05, 2012, 08:37:34 PM »
Big fire in the backyard of a neighboring house, they contained it before the fire department came. Nobody was hurt.
Youtube.com/Theweatherchannelman <- Uploaded the most Intellistar 2 videos!
My Weather Station

Long Island, August-September 2012 tornadoes, Hurricane Sandy, Blizzard of 2013, how many places on Earth do you know can get all 3 of those events within a 6 month period?

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Norfolk Weather Station
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 724
  • HD WxStar ID #: 029745
  • SD Channel #: 24
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22568
« Reply #13949 on: May 06, 2012, 02:00:29 PM »
Big fire in the backyard of a neighboring house, they contained it before the fire department came. Nobody was hurt.
Yikes thats a bit close for comfort!