June 07, 2024, 12:39:17 AM

Author Topic: The Front Porch  (Read 1789042 times)

Offline Donovan

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • SD Channel #: 214
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
Re: The Front Porch
« Reply #13920 on: April 30, 2012, 08:09:46 PM »
Hi Guys! Quite a lot going on in Kansas tonight. Plane852, Mac, Has decided he wants to practice his skills at on air coverage and is streaming for a few friends. If you want to watch,
The Weather Center - live streaming video powered by Livestream
. :yes:
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 08:16:16 PM by Donovan »

Offline curtjr4

• View Profile
    • My Youtube
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • SD Channel #: 16
  • WxStar Version: Junior
« Reply #13921 on: May 01, 2012, 12:28:21 AM »
Dumbasses these days. A trash can was lit on fire today in the boy's restroom during the last period of the day at school It stunk up the hall too and boy I had a hard time breathing. :rolleyes: Thank heavens I'm not asthmatic. :itsok:

* Zach ends rant
...and the same thing happened in the same bathroom today, only during the 4th period of the day and not the last period.. :rolleyes:
I'm pretty late on this, but the same thing happened here last year. They set the trashcan on fire, and they got it on tape (of them walking into the restroom and walking out). They didn't even get suspended :hammer:

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
« Reply #13922 on: May 01, 2012, 05:27:22 AM »
Dumbasses these days. A trash can was lit on fire today in the boy's restroom during the last period of the day at school It stunk up the hall too and boy I had a hard time breathing. :rolleyes: Thank heavens I'm not asthmatic. :itsok:

* Zach ends rant
...and the same thing happened in the same bathroom today, only during the 4th period of the day and not the last period.. :rolleyes:
I'm pretty late on this, but the same thing happened here last year. They set the trashcan on fire, and they got it on tape (of them walking into the restroom and walking out). They didn't even get suspended :hammer:
I believe that the guy may have been arrested in that case, if not then definitely suspended or expelled.. he was caught by a teacher and the administration/school resource deputy was on the scene of the incident..
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

phw115wvwx

« Reply #13923 on: May 01, 2012, 11:18:35 AM »
Zach and Curt, I've never heard of any kind of this stuff happening during my school years.  It makes you wonder these days if some parents and students combined have ever learned discipline and respect for other people and other property.  Don't worry about these kinds of people as they'll pay their dues heavily at some point in life.

Offline TWCCraig

• SKYWARN Spotter
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
  • HD Channel #: 62
  • HD WxStar ID #: 31372
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
« Reply #13924 on: May 01, 2012, 06:34:54 PM »
Zach and Curt, I've never heard of any kind of this stuff happening during my school years.  It makes you wonder these days if some parents and students combined have ever learned discipline and respect for other people and other property.  Don't worry about these kinds of people as they'll pay their dues heavily at some point in life.

Patrick, things have changed a lot in schools even since I ask my own parents. I believe the problem is that parents don't discipline their children as much and some don't at all. It's very unfortunate. I don't think my own parents discipline me enough either, but I care about my future and education much more than the many others in my school. The kids in my school are selfish, un-caring, cold heated, ignorant imbeciles. They don't realize what's on their plate until they're out of high school and without a job. I think like an adult. I'm one of the few who go beyond being the average high-schooler; and I'm glad to be one of them.  :happy:
Youtube.com/Theweatherchannelman <- Uploaded the most Intellistar 2 videos!
My Weather Station

Long Island, August-September 2012 tornadoes, Hurricane Sandy, Blizzard of 2013, how many places on Earth do you know can get all 3 of those events within a 6 month period?

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13925 on: May 01, 2012, 07:15:35 PM »
Have you guys ever seen the British special, "World's Strictest Parents"? Watch a clip or two on YT. It really shows you how undisciplined American and British children are and how parenting habits have done little to curb their behavior. If you were in an Indian or Jamaican family, and your parents found out you lit the school bathroom's trash can on fire, you probably wouldn't live to see tomorrow! :o

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13926 on: May 01, 2012, 08:42:37 PM »
I don't mean to sound disgusting, but does anyone have parts of their skin that are dry and cracking? I do all over.. from my index fingers' knuckles, to my elbows, to my right ankle, and then to the bottom of my toes! Is this normal for someone my age? :blink:
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline Lightning

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • www.facebook.com/brian.mearsBMeezy
  • Cable Provider: Charter
« Reply #13927 on: May 01, 2012, 08:58:59 PM »
It's been 2 weeks since the last time I experienced a good thunderstorm. I'm wanting more thunderstorms here in the Birmingham area and am :furious: that they are not in the forecast. :angry: I hope we don't have a drought.  :fear:
My Classic Weather Channel On YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOSyVIYMf6BcmbZjtYLUYBg

Offline Eric

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13928 on: May 01, 2012, 09:51:13 PM »
I don't mean to sound disgusting, but does anyone have parts of their skin that are dry and cracking? I do all over.. from my index fingers' knuckles, to my elbows, to my right ankle, and then to the bottom of my toes! Is this normal for someone my age? :blink:

I've had various skin problems for a long time - since high school (at least).  Even the strongest lotions and creams offer only superficial and very temporary relief.

Offline TWCCraig

• SKYWARN Spotter
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 62
  • HD WxStar ID #: 31372
« Reply #13929 on: May 01, 2012, 10:26:08 PM »
It's been 2 weeks since the last time I experienced a good thunderstorm. I'm wanting more thunderstorms here in the Birmingham area and am :furious: that they are not in the forecast. :angry: I hope we don't have a drought.  :fear:
Hey! Be glad you don't have it as bad as me. :thumbsup: I mean, we had a thunderstorm this morning, but that was the first real thunderstorm in over a month. We've had only 3 thunderstorms this year so far.
Youtube.com/Theweatherchannelman <- Uploaded the most Intellistar 2 videos!
My Weather Station

Long Island, August-September 2012 tornadoes, Hurricane Sandy, Blizzard of 2013, how many places on Earth do you know can get all 3 of those events within a 6 month period?

phw115wvwx

« Reply #13930 on: May 01, 2012, 10:42:53 PM »
Hey! Be glad you don't have it as bad as me. :thumbsup: I mean, we had a thunderstorm this morning, but that was the first real thunderstorm in over a month. We've had only 3 thunderstorms this year so far.
You all need to move to my area. :P  I've had two thunderstorms the past week and golf ball hail reported about a couple hours to the southeast of me this evening.

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13931 on: May 01, 2012, 11:54:35 PM »
You all need to move to my area. :P  I've had two thunderstorms the past week and golf ball hail reported about a couple hours to the southeast of me this evening.
We haven't gotten a *single* thunderstorm so far this year for my area (in New Brunswick we had two events this year)

Offline TWCJim

• Fan of LOT8s/Wxscan, NOAA Weather Radio & the EAS
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • TWCJim's STAR Database
« Reply #13932 on: May 02, 2012, 12:02:23 AM »
I've been getting thunderstorms here and there, but none have been severe  :no:

My county has not been under one severe thunderstorm warning since November 16, 2010, it really sucks  :angry:
TWCJim's STAR Database
TWCJim (main YouTube channel)
EASJim (second YouTube channel for my EAS and NWR videos)

Offline Mr. Rainman

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13933 on: May 02, 2012, 12:18:39 AM »
One thunderstorm a couple of days ago, but apart from that, nothing on my end. Maybe changing locations will help.  :thumbsup:
Tiddlywinks.

Offline curtjr4

• View Profile
    • My Youtube
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • SD Channel #: 16
  • WxStar Version: Junior
« Reply #13934 on: May 02, 2012, 01:10:04 AM »
We've had a few tornado warnings and severe thunderstorms so far this year. Supposed to be getting some this afternoon. But sorry to fray from the topic (hate doing that), but do any smartphone users here use ICS? I just flashed a custom kernel on my Samsung Captivate to install an Android ICS 4.0.3 rom (as Samsung doesn't support ICS for it -_-) I'd like to say I am fairly impressed!