June 06, 2024, 07:09:29 PM

Author Topic: The Front Porch  (Read 1788587 times)

Offline Mike M

• Weatherscan Contributor
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: The Front Porch
« Reply #13815 on: April 01, 2012, 12:58:21 PM »
All my Christmas decorations were taken down on December 26.  I hardly have anything:  a miniature Christmas tree that isn't even two feet tall with LED lights and some small ornaments.  It's kind of hard to be in the decorative mood when you're living by yourself.
In the past three years we haven't taken ours down until as late as Martin Luther King weekend. But at the end of March? :blink:

Offline Mike M

• Weatherscan Contributor
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #13816 on: April 01, 2012, 01:02:10 PM »
But it benefits older Pennsylvanians every day  :bleh:
Keep on scratchin! :biggrin:

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
« Reply #13817 on: April 01, 2012, 01:30:38 PM »
Wait, it's April Fools Day? :blink:

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #13818 on: April 01, 2012, 01:37:45 PM »
No, it's a normal day. :thumbsup:
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13819 on: April 01, 2012, 02:01:35 PM »

Yes, April 1st is April Fool's Day.  ;)  In case some of you have been asleep, welcome to April, folks!

Now where's that thread saying that the site will be shutting down... :whistling:

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13820 on: April 01, 2012, 03:54:32 PM »
Adobe After Effects is difficult to use. I was trying to make a Junior emulation this past week but the settings are complicated to use. I guess you need to be a pro in graphic designing to use this program. :/

Offline TWCJim

• Fan of LOT8s/Wxscan, NOAA Weather Radio & the EAS
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • TWCJim's STAR Database
« Reply #13821 on: April 01, 2012, 03:58:09 PM »
Adobe After Effects is difficult to use. I was trying to make a Junior emulation this past week but the settings are complicated to use. I guess you need to be a pro in graphic designing to use this program. :/

I don't have AE but I used it only once at a friend's house, and it turns out I'm a pro at the program  B)
TWCJim's STAR Database
TWCJim (main YouTube channel)
EASJim (second YouTube channel for my EAS and NWR videos)

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13822 on: April 01, 2012, 04:00:59 PM »
You really dont need to know how to design graphics like a pro to use AE.. i suck at graphics design but what you need to know is how to animate those graphics.. I really suggest you look at tutorials on how to use AE to the extent you want it to be used. I havent even mastered the usage of AE yet! A really good website to search for some tutorials is Creative Cow. :yes:

In other news, I just found an XL with v3 graphics included.. and my parents are actually determined to let me get ahold of it!! :thrilled: :fear:
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13823 on: April 01, 2012, 04:01:34 PM »

I don't have AE but I used it only once at a friend's house, and it turns out I'm a pro at the program  B)

It was pre-installed on my dad's PC along with Premier Elements, but I never had the time to use it due to college (and the fact that I can only use while I'm at home). Maybe in the summer I will take some time to get more familiar with the program, but I really do want to make a good emulation or two. I can't even remember the last time I made an emulation. And back then, I mainly used MS Paint and Power Point to make them. :yes:

You really dont need to know how to design graphics like a pro to use AE.. i suck at graphics design but what you need to know is how to animate those graphics.. I really suggest you look at tutorials on how to use AE to the extent you want it to be used. I havent even mastered the usage of AE yet! A really good website to search for some tutorials is Creative Cow. :yes:

In other news, I just found an XL with v3 graphics included.. and my parents are actually determined to let me get ahold of it!! :thrilled: :fear:

Thank you for the link, Zach. I favorited the page so I can take a look at it later once finals are over. ^_^
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 04:03:36 PM by Localonthe8s »

Offline Anistorm

• Ultimate Member
  • I'm fabulous.
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • HD Channel #: 5367
  • SD Channel #: 214
« Reply #13824 on: April 02, 2012, 12:41:41 PM »
I wanted to tell you guys in a separate thread, and seeing that I haven't been as active before, I have some news to tell you: 

I'm pregnant. I'm having a boy and is due sometime in September. :3

Tell us this again tomorrow and I might believe you.  :P

BAHAHAHAHA. okay, my attempt to fool you all kinda flopped. and that's because I didn't provide "proof". IT WORKED AT ANOTHER FORUM THOUGH. ^_^

I did a few jokes though:

-I intentionally quit my modding job, as well as many staff because of a rouge admin "taking over" the forum and  changing things that weren't supposed to be changed. Half of the community were on the edge to leave and go on different communities, but at midnight my time they stopped the joke and revealed that the rouge admin does not exist. (sorry for the spoilers, Zach, and sorry for outraging you!)

-I got banned at another community. I told a super-mod to ban me & a few other members for the day. It was horrible.

-My fake pregnancy.

We should have pulled something here, tbh. Like... turn TWCT into AccuWeatherToday or something like that.
hi~ I'm Anistorm.
I'm not a girl, nor a woman. I am a lady.
Member since 2008.
I like thunderstorms.
I'm a moderator at another forum, so my
activity is not as awesome as you think.
Ask for my skype, tumblr and/or twitter.

Offline TWCJim

• Fan of LOT8s/Wxscan, NOAA Weather Radio & the EAS
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • TWCJim's STAR Database
« Reply #13825 on: April 02, 2012, 01:11:48 PM »
I wanted to tell you guys in a separate thread, and seeing that I haven't been as active before, I have some news to tell you: 

Tell us this again tomorrow and I might believe you.  :P

BAHAHAHAHA. okay, my attempt to fool you all kinda flopped. and that's because I didn't provide "proof". IT WORKED AT ANOTHER FORUM THOUGH. ^_^

I did a few jokes though:

-I intentionally quit my modding job, as well as many staff because of a rouge admin "taking over" the forum and  changing things that weren't supposed to be changed. Half of the community were on the edge to leave and go on different communities, but at midnight my time they stopped the joke and revealed that the rouge admin does not exist. (sorry for the spoilers, Zach, and sorry for outraging you!)

-I got banned at another community. I told a super-mod to ban me & a few other members for the day. It was horrible.

-My fake pregnancy.

We should have pulled something here, tbh. Like... turn TWCT into AccuWeatherToday or something like that.

Hahaha I thought you were really expecting! That was a good one.
TWCJim's STAR Database
TWCJim (main YouTube channel)
EASJim (second YouTube channel for my EAS and NWR videos)

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 832
  • SD Channel #: 32
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22204
  • WxScan Ch. #: 212
« Reply #13826 on: April 02, 2012, 01:17:53 PM »
I'll admit Ana, you almost got me, but I took a moment to think about it being April 1st so it made me suspicious. The same forum that was banning me and others pulled another trick where if you tried to log onto the main forum, a picture came up saying the site had been shut down by the federal government for illegal copyrighted content. That one got me until I scrolled down and saw the April Fool's. :P

My Video Gaming YouTube Channel
NintenGamers Nation
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAi4m_Snvp3b4Vn13_Ir3rA

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13827 on: April 02, 2012, 01:59:08 PM »

Ana, according to my time and CERTAINLY Pacific Time, this post was made on March 31st.  Which means it techincally wasn't April Fool's!  So...what are you naming him? :P

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13828 on: April 02, 2012, 02:43:33 PM »
I would also like to say April Fools to all my TWCT pals! :P Unfortunately, I am not getting an XL unit nor switching to FiOS :(

Offline Anistorm

• Ultimate Member
  • I'm fabulous.
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • HD Channel #: 5367
  • SD Channel #: 214
« Reply #13829 on: April 02, 2012, 05:02:47 PM »
Ohhh kay. xD I thought my joke had flopped, I didn't see anyone post about it. xD SHOULD HAVE MADE A THREAD ABOUT IT. haha.

Andy, the idea had occurred to me at the last minute. xD While I had gotten banned in one forum and intentionally quit in another, I figured I'd do something here. I was on fire. lmao
hi~ I'm Anistorm.
I'm not a girl, nor a woman. I am a lady.
Member since 2008.
I like thunderstorms.
I'm a moderator at another forum, so my
activity is not as awesome as you think.
Ask for my skype, tumblr and/or twitter.