June 06, 2024, 08:50:39 PM

Author Topic: The Front Porch  (Read 1788751 times)

Offline Trevor

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: The Front Porch
« Reply #13455 on: August 03, 2011, 02:21:42 PM »
I'm saving up money to buy an HD PVR. Is this the correct one? If so, does anyone know how difficult they are to set up?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 02:45:36 PM by Trevor Birchett »

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #13456 on: August 03, 2011, 02:57:05 PM »
Man, I surely started a bandwagon! :blink: :P

Yes, it is the one :yes: as for setup, its not hard at all.. you would have to connect the component video cables to the STB from the HD PVR and if you have to use component video for an HD signal (like i do since my TV doesnt have HDMI), you can output the picture to your TV set thats being received into the PVR and its the same signal sent to the computer
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline Tyler

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
  • Cable Provider: Verizon FiOS
  • HD Channel #: 619
  • SD Channel #: 119
  • SD WxStar ID #: 27542
  • WxScan Ch. #: 49
  • WxScan ID #: 27543
« Reply #13457 on: August 03, 2011, 02:57:16 PM »
Went to serve my jury duty today, and the judge kicked everyone who was wearing jeans or shorts out! We were all told we would be re-summoned to appear at a later date. How ridiculous! I was wearing a nice polo and nice shorts, nothing inappropriate. What a  :censored: :censored: :censored: she was.

And they wonder why people hate the justice system!

Offline Anistorm

• Ultimate Member
  • I'm fabulous.
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • HD Channel #: 5367
  • SD Channel #: 214
« Reply #13458 on: August 03, 2011, 10:08:22 PM »
Went to serve my jury duty today, and the judge kicked everyone who was wearing jeans or shorts out! We were all told we would be re-summoned to appear at a later date. How ridiculous! I was wearing a nice polo and nice shorts, nothing inappropriate. What a  :censored: :censored: :censored: she was.

They're THAT strict? I wore jeans to court on the day I went on jury duty and the judge didn't even say anything about it. Heh, probably the EC courthouse are a bit lenient.

hi~ I'm Anistorm.
I'm not a girl, nor a woman. I am a lady.
Member since 2008.
I like thunderstorms.
I'm a moderator at another forum, so my
activity is not as awesome as you think.
Ask for my skype, tumblr and/or twitter.

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Norfolk Weather Station
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 724
  • HD WxStar ID #: 029745
  • SD Channel #: 24
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22568
« Reply #13459 on: August 04, 2011, 02:50:55 AM »

Wow thats ridiculous. The letter I got said to wear comfortable clothing. Guess the judges have their own standards in mind.  :blink: Sounds like a real  :censored:

Offline twcfan68

• Fan of TWC 1998-2012
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 1014
  • SD Channel #: 14
« Reply #13460 on: August 04, 2011, 08:42:01 AM »
Sorry about your experience, Tyler. I guess you got unlucky with your judge. I have yet to serve, but I'll wait for the government to hunt me down to fulfill that civic duty.

Also, I just wanted to say good-bye to you guys for a little while. I'm not permanently leaving, but I'm having some real-life issues that are making me seem a lot more irritable than I really am. (This explains why I unintentionally bash TWC; I seriously don't mean to, but it just comes across that way.) Now I'm aware of the number of complaints about TWC and all, so my jets will be cooled for future posts. After talking to a friend, he advised me to take a neutral stance on TWC and their changes, and I think that's a good example we can all consider using because TWC is going to change in a way to help its ratings whether we like it or not, and we will have to adapt to the inevitable realities of life. (You know who you are, and I thank you very much for your help.) I may not be an avid fan for much longer, but I hope to be here while I am and visit during my spare time.

Hopefully once junk in my personal life gets better, it will make me a better poster and influence in the TWCT community. Hope to see you guys again soon--probably after I adapt to yet another year of college. I plan to go in with a better attitude this year, and that is the best thing we can do.  B)

Take care, everybody.

« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 08:51:29 AM by Christina »

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13461 on: August 04, 2011, 11:01:20 AM »
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline Trevor

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13462 on: August 04, 2011, 11:48:07 AM »
Just heard about that on the radio. Apparently, two kids that were camping at VA Tech saw a man near the Dining Hall with what looked like a shotgun. They went on lockdown as a precaution, but as of yet, police have found no traces of guns.

phw115wvwx

« Reply #13463 on: August 04, 2011, 01:41:31 PM »
They haven't found anything yet, but everything seemed to be okay although under police surveillance when I drove around the campus to return home from work.

Offline Anistorm

• Ultimate Member
  • I'm fabulous.
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • HD Channel #: 5367
  • SD Channel #: 214
« Reply #13464 on: August 04, 2011, 02:11:49 PM »
Sorry about your experience, Tyler. I guess you got unlucky with your judge. I have yet to serve, but I'll wait for the government to hunt me down to fulfill that civic duty.

Also, I just wanted to say good-bye to you guys for a little while. I'm not permanently leaving, but I'm having some real-life issues that are making me seem a lot more irritable than I really am. (This explains why I unintentionally bash TWC; I seriously don't mean to, but it just comes across that way.) Now I'm aware of the number of complaints about TWC and all, so my jets will be cooled for future posts. After talking to a friend, he advised me to take a neutral stance on TWC and their changes, and I think that's a good example we can all consider using because TWC is going to change in a way to help its ratings whether we like it or not, and we will have to adapt to the inevitable realities of life. (You know who you are, and I thank you very much for your help.) I may not be an avid fan for much longer, but I hope to be here while I am and visit during my spare time.

Hopefully once junk in my personal life gets better, it will make me a better poster and influence in the TWCT community. Hope to see you guys again soon--probably after I adapt to yet another year of college. I plan to go in with a better attitude this year, and that is the best thing we can do.  B)

Take care, everybody.

Blehh. Hate it when personal lives do that, but it's understandable that it must be dealt with accordingly. Coincidentally that I just came back from setting my priorities straight. xD Best of luck with your next semester at college. You're gonna need ittt :D
hi~ I'm Anistorm.
I'm not a girl, nor a woman. I am a lady.
Member since 2008.
I like thunderstorms.
I'm a moderator at another forum, so my
activity is not as awesome as you think.
Ask for my skype, tumblr and/or twitter.

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Norfolk Weather Station
  • HD Channel #: 724
  • HD WxStar ID #: 029745
  • SD Channel #: 24
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22568
« Reply #13465 on: August 04, 2011, 03:31:40 PM »
Virginia Tech is under lockdown now due to a suspected gun carrier http://content.usatoday.com/communities/ondeadline/post/2011/08/virginia-tech-under-lockdown-because-of-report-of-gunman/1

Bunch of bull. 3 kids may or may not have seen a guy carrying something  that kinda looked like a weapon underneath a cloth. The university did a lockdown which was the right thing to do and has since lifted it. However the media acted insane and scared everybody to death by saying there was a confirmed gunman running around campus. I have a feeling this is another balloon boy story and those kids needs to be questioned further.

Offline Lightning

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • www.facebook.com/brian.mearsBMeezy
  • Cable Provider: Charter
« Reply #13466 on: August 04, 2011, 06:59:15 PM »

It's gonna be with Brett Adair, if you're familiar with him.
I have heard of him. How do you know him?
My Classic Weather Channel On YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOSyVIYMf6BcmbZjtYLUYBg

Offline Trevor

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13467 on: August 04, 2011, 07:00:43 PM »
Facebook...haha. Since Emily turned, it's a no-go.

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13468 on: August 04, 2011, 08:11:24 PM »
Wow, I was googling a certain TWC song that I wanted to look into purchasing locations for.. and as it turns out, a local newspaper here did an article on Steve Hurst 8 years ago! :blink:

http://www.sptimes.com/2003/08/25/Floridian/Music_for_a_rainy_or_.shtml

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
« Reply #13469 on: August 04, 2011, 08:31:32 PM »
Old..it's been posted on twcclassics before