June 06, 2024, 06:11:25 PM

Author Topic: The Front Porch  (Read 1788483 times)

Offline Anistorm

• Ultimate Member
  • I'm fabulous.
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • HD Channel #: 5367
  • SD Channel #: 214
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
Re: The Front Porch
« Reply #13335 on: July 01, 2011, 10:46:05 AM »
Uhh, hey guys.  :wave: Coming back after a brief short absence. I just wanted to let y'all know that I won't be as active as I used to be anymore...I guess it's for real this time. I got promoted to moderator at another forum last night and it's going to require my full attention. I know I missed the LAT48s and all the cool stuff that has happened, but to be honest, TWC just left my interests. You guys are awesome, and I'm going to miss y'all. I'll still visit the chat when it's active, and you can still IM me, but I can't guarantee if I'll respond. So... I guess this is goodbye now? I think so. :(

btw, i came here just to do this, and to ponyfy my profile. lol. MY LITTLE PONY FTW!
hi~ I'm Anistorm.
I'm not a girl, nor a woman. I am a lady.
Member since 2008.
I like thunderstorms.
I'm a moderator at another forum, so my
activity is not as awesome as you think.
Ask for my skype, tumblr and/or twitter.

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13336 on: July 01, 2011, 12:54:59 PM »
Aww Ana, we will miss you greatly. :cry:

But, congratulations on being promoted on another forum! I think you'll be a great moderator. :biggrin:

Offline twcfan68

• Fan of TWC 1998-2012
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 1014
  • SD Channel #: 14
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
« Reply #13337 on: July 01, 2011, 09:40:45 PM »
Good luck, Ana! I'll be a little sad to say good-bye to a fellow amiga here, but I can't blame you for setting your priorities in the way that are most important to you. Good luck being a moderator!  :)

phw115wvwx

« Reply #13338 on: July 02, 2011, 12:13:44 AM »
Hope you can still visit when you have spare time, but I can understand the changing of priorities for you, Ana.  Take care, and good luck!

Offline brbjambajuice

• Sunny!
    • View Profile
    • Grapple Website
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: nope
  • SD Channel #: 61
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22884
« Reply #13339 on: July 02, 2011, 06:40:14 AM »
If you want to see what WeatherNation looks like....check it out. 

http://www.filmon.com/#WeatherNation

It's a service that lets you watch TV online, and they happen to carry WeatherNation. I don't care for their OCMs...

Well, I really like the concept. Good news though, according to their Facebook page, WeatherNation is a free broadcast (over satellite).

If they were to do some graphics work (enlarge fonts which is desperately needed, add more cities to maps, etc.), change some content (like the music), then they can make it. I mean FFS, even Jeremy Leford's Visual Basic programming produced a better national forecast!

If they can make the adjustments, then maybe, just maybe, they can make it, and that would be a good thing for the viewer if it does.

Also some additional OCM training couldn't hurt either. Once that's done, it would be all good.

They want people to contact their cable provider and ask for WN, however, unless they can offer a solution for local forecasting (like the intellistar), thats unlikely a cable provider would choose that even if the feed is free.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 06:42:48 AM by ConroeWeather »

3:19 joshua8790: Who put the in n out secrets as topic? xD
3:30 joshua8790: Wow, power surge
3:31 SpringRubberMB: it's all of the burger greatness messing with your power
3:32 Ferret95|XP: eh vood lek du beh eh damburger!

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
« Reply #13340 on: July 02, 2011, 01:44:36 PM »
Apparently, there's another goon stealing our videos. He stole several of Tavores', one of mines, a few from a former user, and he's stealing emulation videos as well.
http://www.youtube.com/user/TWCjon

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 832
  • SD Channel #: 32
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22204
  • WxScan Ch. #: 212
« Reply #13341 on: July 02, 2011, 02:16:22 PM »
Apparently, there's another goon stealing our videos. He stole several of Tavores', one of mines, a few from a former user, and he's stealing emulation videos as well.

Heh, He wasn't being very smart. He must doesn't check his subscriptions because if he did he would know those videos are showing up in my subscription box right now. :rolleyes:

My Video Gaming YouTube Channel
NintenGamers Nation
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAi4m_Snvp3b4Vn13_Ir3rA

Offline Mike M

• Weatherscan Contributor
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #13342 on: July 02, 2011, 02:16:47 PM »
To be honest, I don't really care anymore...

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13343 on: July 02, 2011, 02:23:05 PM »

Heh, He wasn't being very smart. He must doesn't check his subscriptions because if he did he would know those videos are showing up in my subscription box right now. :rolleyes:

He looks like a bot to me

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
« Reply #13344 on: July 02, 2011, 02:25:11 PM »

That guy has an obsession with me :wacko: his main inspiration is yours truly and he is blocked by me.. he sucks up onto me because of my "über-awesome" emulations :rolleyes:

Also, if you want odd, how about this stalker...
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13345 on: July 02, 2011, 02:31:11 PM »

That guy has an obsession with me :wacko: his main inspiration is yours truly and he is blocked by me.. he sucks up onto me because of my "über-awesome" emulations :rolleyes:

Also, if you want odd, how about this stalker...

Yes, and I'm getting really sick and tired of him posting my name everywhere in public, even after I repeatedly told him to stop. I'm thinking about reporting him, but then again those videos aren't really "ours", they're property of NBC/TWC.

Offline Trevor

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13346 on: July 02, 2011, 02:31:41 PM »
My comment on one of his videos that he mentioned had 'bad quality'...

It's bad quality because when you steal a video off of YouTube, it decreases the quality. When you go to steal a video, make sure the setting is set to the highest quality. Then everyone can see you're stolen video in HD :D

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13347 on: July 02, 2011, 02:33:50 PM »

It's bad quality because when you steal a video off of YouTube, it decreases the quality. When you go to steal a video, make sure the setting is set to the highest quality. Then everyone can see you're stolen video in HD :D
Trevor, I really recommend you stay out of this because he hasnt attacked you and I dont want you getting into this..

Back to TWCjons case.. if you noticed in one of his IS emulations, he has taken stuff off my server, such as two animated icons i gave him no permission to use whatsoever, though he did credit me.. but still...
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13348 on: July 02, 2011, 02:42:12 PM »

Trevor, I really recommend you stay out of this because he hasnt attacked you and I dont want you getting into this..

Back to TWCjons case.. if you noticed in one of his IS emulations, he has taken stuff off my server, such as two animated icons i gave him no permission to use whatsoever, though he did credit me.. but still...
I agree with Zach, Trevor. It's best that you stay out of this because it doesn't help the situation, whatsoever. I'll be keeping an eye out and Zach, be on alert in case he steals your LF videos

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13349 on: July 02, 2011, 02:43:45 PM »
Better yet why not just leave him alone? All hes looking for is attention and apparently he got it because he was getting lack of it and obviously hes getting attention with all this video theft crap :rolleyes: