June 06, 2024, 02:40:55 PM

Author Topic: The Front Porch  (Read 1788016 times)

Offline twcfan68

• Fan of TWC 1998-2012
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 1014
  • SD Channel #: 14
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: The Front Porch
« Reply #13200 on: June 01, 2011, 01:46:36 PM »

Oh my, I definitely would call an exterminator about the Black Widows. They always made webs in my garage at my old house, and they scare the heck out of me.

What also scares the heck out of me is wisdom teeth surgery. I thought I would be spared from them, but today my dentist found 4 that will grow in, and she recommended that I get them out ASAP. (I'm in my 20's and they're just now showing up.) If any of you have had wisdom teeth removal, what was your experience with it? I'm mostly scared of the IV and the swelling and bruising that will inevitably follow. That and all the anxiety beforehand. Ugh.

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
« Reply #13201 on: June 01, 2011, 04:16:18 PM »
Are you guys familiar with the popular TWC song, "Expression" by Joyce Cooling? This guy (although the vidoe is old) made an awesome interpretation of that song. He should form a duo with her, his guitar riff is sick!
Joyce Cooling - Expressions

Offline wxmediafan

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • SD Channel #: 57
« Reply #13202 on: June 02, 2011, 10:41:04 PM »

Oh my, I definitely would call an exterminator about the Black Widows. They always made webs in my garage at my old house, and they scare the heck out of me.

What also scares the heck out of me is wisdom teeth surgery. I thought I would be spared from them, but today my dentist found 4 that will grow in, and she recommended that I get them out ASAP. (I'm in my 20's and they're just now showing up.) If any of you have had wisdom teeth removal, what was your experience with it? I'm mostly scared of the IV and the swelling and bruising that will inevitably follow. That and all the anxiety beforehand. Ugh.
I have had my wisdom teeth removed.  Trust me, it is not as bad as you think.  I had horrible anxiety getting them out.  In my case, I only swelled a little, and I never bruised.  Also, please heed the doctor's instructions about foods to eat/not eat after getting them removed.  Dry-sockets, I hear, are extremely painful.

Offline Anistorm

• Ultimate Member
  • I'm fabulous.
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • HD Channel #: 5367
  • SD Channel #: 214
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #13203 on: June 03, 2011, 10:40:55 PM »
So, I'm getting an internet upgrade this wednesday. I'm getting U-VERSE baby! :D
hi~ I'm Anistorm.
I'm not a girl, nor a woman. I am a lady.
Member since 2008.
I like thunderstorms.
I'm a moderator at another forum, so my
activity is not as awesome as you think.
Ask for my skype, tumblr and/or twitter.

phw115wvwx

« Reply #13204 on: June 04, 2011, 04:30:29 AM »
I have had my wisdom teeth removed.  Trust me, it is not as bad as you think.  I had horrible anxiety getting them out.  In my case, I only swelled a little, and I never bruised.  Also, please heed the doctor's instructions about foods to eat/not eat after getting them removed.  Dry-sockets, I hear, are extremely painful.
I'm glad that went well for you, Kyle.  I was very fortunate that I only had one wisdom tooth to remove, so I only needed laughing gas.

Offline Trevor

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13205 on: June 04, 2011, 07:32:35 AM »
I'm gonna have to get 2 or 3 of my wisdom teeth removed at age 15...  :hmm:

Offline twcfan68

• Fan of TWC 1998-2012
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 1014
  • SD Channel #: 14
« Reply #13206 on: June 04, 2011, 10:43:54 AM »
Oh, thanks for the responses, guys.  :) To be honest, I didn't think I was going to get any responses after a while. I'm actually scheduling it a lot sooner so I can just get it over with, and I will let you all know how it goes after I get it done. Hopefully I'll just be a normal patient with no unexpected complications.

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
« Reply #13207 on: June 04, 2011, 09:24:58 PM »
I have set up a new weather blog! http://zach.dyndns-work.com:53205/weatherblog/

Feedback is appreciated and feel free to register and post! :happy:
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline TV Shows Fan

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Time Warner
  • HD Channel #: 211
  • HD WxStar ID #: 32190
  • SD Channel #: 211
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22581
  • WxScan Ch. #: n/a
« Reply #13208 on: June 04, 2011, 10:37:32 PM »
I just got a haircut and my last day of school is June 14.

Offline Mike M

• Weatherscan Contributor
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #13209 on: June 05, 2011, 01:23:07 PM »
I had my bottom wisdom teeth removed last summer. The recovery was a lot quicker and less painful than I thought. Within 1-2 days I was able to eat most solid foods again, and I was pretty much back to 100% within a week. Just make sure you follow the directions exactly, including those on any medications you are prescribed. I had to take three - laughing gas, pain killers, and penicillin.

phw115wvwx

« Reply #13210 on: June 06, 2011, 02:09:07 PM »
I'm probably driving the maintenance people around my apartment complex crazy lately.  Yesterday, my air conditioner couldn't cool my apartment as it was getting weak and running out of freon.  They were able to recharge it, and it's much better today.  Now, I can't open my post office box as the key won't go all the way in anymore even though it's the same key and lock I've had for months.  I think I'm having a bad week. :hmm:

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Norfolk Weather Station
  • HD Channel #: 724
  • HD WxStar ID #: 029745
  • SD Channel #: 24
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22568
« Reply #13211 on: June 06, 2011, 08:54:35 PM »
Back in town from an interesting trip to DC. Now I am sick! BLEH! Getting sick in the summer just plain sucks

Offline Mike M

• Weatherscan Contributor
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #13212 on: June 06, 2011, 09:13:16 PM »
Back in town from an interesting trip to DC. Now I am sick! BLEH! Getting sick in the summer just plain sucks
You seem to get sick a lot after vacations, Martin! :blink:

I'm probably driving the maintenance people around my apartment complex crazy lately.  Yesterday, my air conditioner couldn't cool my apartment as it was getting weak and running out of freon.  They were able to recharge it, and it's much better today.  Now, I can't open my post office box as the key won't go all the way in anymore even though it's the same key and lock I've had for months.  I think I'm having a bad week. :hmm:
I've been having tons of maintenence/cosmetic repairs being made to my poor 14 year old car lately, including my A/C not working as well as it should. So you're not alone. :biggrin:
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 09:16:20 PM by Mike M »

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 832
  • SD Channel #: 32
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22204
  • WxScan Ch. #: 212
« Reply #13213 on: June 07, 2011, 09:06:06 PM »
Here's a recent episode I've been working on the past few days typing up called "I Hate Thursdays". This was originally written in 2006 when I was in the 7th grade where the original title was "So You Had A Bad Day...". I changed it since it seems like for me Thursdays are usually when I have bad days or bad luck so I was inspired to rename it that instead. Below is an episode description of what it's about.

Daniel is having a bad Thursday from the moment he wakes up and is only getting worse as the day progresses, Jason is also not having a swell day at school, it’s so bad that he suffers food poisoning from the school lunch and has to have a major operation. Kara, who’s not only worried about Jason’s operation she’s also has forgotten to go to the store to pick up items for dinner when she runs into a not so friendly housewife and ends up dueling it out with her in the parking lot. Meanwhile as this is all happening, Jason escapes from the hospital confident that strange things are happening while he's being medicated, he runs into Melody when they are attacked by killer flying fire ants *Parody of the 1960’s movie “Birds” which becomes a reoccurring gag in ACTS II and III* After all of this chaos is taking place Daniel, completely stressed out when he gets home becomes so enraged from his bad day that he almost has a heartattack!

My Video Gaming YouTube Channel
NintenGamers Nation
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAi4m_Snvp3b4Vn13_Ir3rA

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
« Reply #13214 on: June 07, 2011, 10:04:53 PM »
gosh, this is the warmest Ive seen at this hour! :blink:
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~