June 06, 2024, 06:54:10 PM

Author Topic: The Front Porch  (Read 1788554 times)

Offline jtmal0723

• Jesse T. Maloney
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan, 1998 - present
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: The Front Porch
« Reply #13170 on: May 24, 2011, 01:09:59 AM »
The world was supposed to end fifteen minutes ago in my time zone with a huge earthquake, and I haven't felt or seen a thing.  So, as one of your resident meteorologists here, I officially declare this prediction as:
(image)
Haha, win! This was the most overhyped false event I have ever heard. Even the radio stations here played marathons of songs pertaining to the "end of the world." :rolleyes: :rofl:
Relevant: http://www.myfox8.com/news/wghp-story-nc-man-billboard-110523,0,300126.story

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Norfolk Weather Station
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 724
  • HD WxStar ID #: 029745
  • SD Channel #: 24
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22568
« Reply #13171 on: May 24, 2011, 01:51:22 AM »
The world was supposed to end fifteen minutes ago in my time zone with a huge earthquake, and I haven't felt or seen a thing.  So, as one of your resident meteorologists here, I officially declare this prediction as:
(image)
Haha, win! This was the most overhyped false event I have ever heard. Even the radio stations here played marathons of songs pertaining to the "end of the world." :rolleyes: :rofl:
Relevant: http://www.myfox8.com/news/wghp-story-nc-man-billboard-110523,0,300126.story

Sweet!

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
« Reply #13172 on: May 25, 2011, 01:26:32 PM »
I am officially DONE with school! Tomorrow will be graduation ceremony, so that's when I'll give a final farewell to my teachers and classmates. It's kinda shocking how fast senior year has flown, I still feel like I just started it yesterday. To be honest, I didn't want high school to end. I am so scared to start college..heck I don't even want to be away from home! :(

Offline TWCmatthew

• Avid TWC Fan 2000-2011
  • Ultimate Member
  • Trained Weather Spotter for NWS Detroit/Pontiac
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Page
  • Cable Provider: Charter
  • SD Channel #: 35
  • SD WxStar ID #: 23527
« Reply #13173 on: May 26, 2011, 12:09:01 PM »
No school for Monroe Public today. A boil water advisory is in effect for Monroe, MI until further notice due to the detection of coliform bacteria in our water supply.

I am officially DONE with school! Tomorrow will be graduation ceremony, so that's when I'll give a final farewell to my teachers and classmates. It's kinda shocking how fast senior year has flown, I still feel like I just started it yesterday. To be honest, I didn't want high school to end. I am so scared to start college..heck I don't even want to be away from home! :(
Congratulations! I'm sure it's a very busy time for you. As for college, focus on your school work and you'll do fine.
I still have my High School years to go through before I can even think about college...

Offline Trevor

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
« Reply #13174 on: May 26, 2011, 03:26:51 PM »
My last day of school was Friday (I know, it's really early). I am done with public schools! I will be going to a private school for seventh grade.

Offline Tyler

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
  • Cable Provider: Verizon FiOS
  • HD Channel #: 619
  • SD Channel #: 119
  • SD WxStar ID #: 27542
  • WxScan Ch. #: 49
  • WxScan ID #: 27543
« Reply #13175 on: May 26, 2011, 03:29:58 PM »
I will be going to a private school for seventh grade.
By your choice, or your parents choice?

Offline Trevor

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
« Reply #13176 on: May 26, 2011, 04:13:59 PM »

My choice....well, my parents brought it up and I agreed. It is a Christian school.

Offline Tyler

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #13177 on: May 26, 2011, 04:18:34 PM »

My choice....well, my parents brought it up and I agreed. It is a Christian school.
I was just wondering. Personally, I'm against anything but public schools. Instead of pumping tax payer dollars into alternative education systems, that money should be used to fund public schools. Especially with how the education system is right now.

Offline TWCmatthew

• Avid TWC Fan 2000-2011
  • Ultimate Member
  • Trained Weather Spotter for NWS Detroit/Pontiac
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Page
  • Cable Provider: Charter
  • SD Channel #: 35
  • SD WxStar ID #: 23527
« Reply #13178 on: May 26, 2011, 09:12:26 PM »
No school tomorrow either due to the Boil Water Advisory.

It looks like I may be going to school until Tuesday, June 14.

Offline Tyler

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #13179 on: May 27, 2011, 01:19:00 AM »
In Pittsburgh, even our police cars are black and gold. :P
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/21509186/Screen%20shot%202011-05-27%20at%201.15.59%20AM.png

Offline Anistorm

• Ultimate Member
  • I'm fabulous.
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • HD Channel #: 5367
  • SD Channel #: 214
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #13180 on: May 27, 2011, 09:06:57 AM »
Going to EC later today! This time I'm more excited than the previous times I've visited. But I'm dreading the 100 degree temps right now while SD is still cool. xD

Congrats on graduating high school! You're very close to stepping into college! I'm sure you're going to enjoy it. At first it'll be scary, but later on, you're not going to want to go back to high school at all. I wish you the best of luck in what major you plan to get into.

My last day of school was Friday (I know, it's really early). I am done with public schools! I will be going to a private school for seventh grade.

Somehow, I wish I'd gone to a private school. oh wait...I did once. Word of advice, CONCENTRATE!

hi~ I'm Anistorm.
I'm not a girl, nor a woman. I am a lady.
Member since 2008.
I like thunderstorms.
I'm a moderator at another forum, so my
activity is not as awesome as you think.
Ask for my skype, tumblr and/or twitter.

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
« Reply #13181 on: May 27, 2011, 11:32:58 AM »
Going to EC later today! This time I'm more excited than the previous times I've visited. But I'm dreading the 100 degree temps right now while SD is still cool. xD

Congrats on graduating high school! You're very close to stepping into college! I'm sure you're going to enjoy it. At first it'll be scary, but later on, you're not going to want to go back to high school at all. I wish you the best of luck in what major you plan to get into.

Somehow, I wish I'd gone to a private school. oh wait...I did once. Word of advice, CONCENTRATE!

aww, thanks Ana :) You do have a point, maybe college won't be as bad as it seems, I just don't like it how there is no privacy in the dorms. I'm not sure if I'll like a roommate reading my IMs or touching my personal belongings..

And about the private school, I went to private school and it's not bad. I like it how students are all known by name, and not as a number when compared to public schools . Everyone tends to know each other and it feels a lot like a close-knit family environment. Trevor, I appreciate your decision to choose a private school. You will enjoy it and make a lot of new friends from your experience there. It's certainly less intimidating than public school, imo.

Offline Mike M

• Weatherscan Contributor
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #13182 on: May 27, 2011, 04:45:13 PM »
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/21509186/Screen%20shot%202011-05-27%20at%201.15.59%20AM.png
In honor of the Steelers/Penguins I'm assuming? :P

Offline TampaMillTWC88

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13183 on: May 28, 2011, 12:11:45 AM »
In honor of the Steelers/Penguins I'm assuming? :P

Black n Yellow, Black n Yellow, Black n Yellow  :P
Hakeem: What's up, Jetsons!
Frank Mitchell: Jetsons?
Hakeem: Yeah, you and George got the same haircut.

- From "Moesha"

Offline Robert

• Everyday I'm Shufflin'
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 974
  • SD Channel #: 30
  • WxStar Version: XL
« Reply #13184 on: May 28, 2011, 08:33:47 AM »
Oh my gosh, I can't believe I'm a senior now  :blink: One more year left and then I have the decision between going into the air-force and pursue meteorology that way or go to college and rack up the debt! :D  lol