April 27, 2024, 03:07:09 PM

Author Topic: The Front Porch  (Read 1769637 times)

Offline wxmediafan

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • SD Channel #: 57
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: The Front Porch
« Reply #12840 on: September 12, 2010, 08:20:50 AM »
I was driving home this evening and some  :censored: :censored: pulled in front of me and I had to run into the curb. Lost a hubcap! I ended up taking a walk tonight found it  :biggrin:
People are stupid.  I don't trust anyone on the road but myself.  You've got people like the one Martin dealt with, who think it's cool to pull out in front of you.  You got people who don't go the speed limit (which REALLY gets me), people who don't stop at a stopsign.  People who don't go on a green light.  NOT USING A SIGNAL!!! (I hate this), people who stop when turning right on a green light, people who don't yield (they stop at the line) when turning left on green.  Need I go on..

To those who don't drive yet; when you do drive, PLEASE be smart about it. 

Offline puffpet

• I have a micronation. BEAT THAT.
  • Teen TWC junkie.
    • View Profile
    • Destiny Computers
  • Cable Provider: Verizon FiOS
  • HD Channel #: 619
  • SD Channel #: 119
  • WxScan Ch. #: 49
« Reply #12841 on: September 12, 2010, 11:37:16 AM »
I was driving home this evening and some  :censored: :censored: pulled in front of me and I had to run into the curb. Lost a hubcap! I ended up taking a walk tonight found it  :biggrin:
People are stupid.  I don't trust anyone on the road but myself.  You've got people like the one Martin dealt with, who think it's cool to pull out in front of you.  You got people who don't go the speed limit (which REALLY gets me), people who don't stop at a stopsign.  People who don't go on a green light.  NOT USING A SIGNAL!!! (I hate this), people who stop when turning right on a green light, people who don't yield (they stop at the line) when turning left on green.  Need I go on..

Good speech! When I actually do get to driving age in 2 years, safety will be my first priority... following the rules of the road. I saw some dumb :censored: yesterday running as many stop signs as possible, almost broadsiding us, and plus, she was going 60 through those stop signs. This was in a neighborhood with a 25 mph speed limit.

Some people can't drive.
Pittsburgh - America's most livable city.
Republic of Okean - World's most livable country.

That's all I got. Oh! Ich kann Deutsch!

Offline Jonathan

• View Profile
    • Jonathan Thornton
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • HD Channel #: 214
  • SD Channel #: 214
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #12842 on: September 12, 2010, 12:06:09 PM »
Crap. I hate my hair. When it looks good, it either gets soaked in rain (this Wednesday) or my camera is dead for no new profile picture (today). :cry3:

Offline Anistorm

• Ultimate Member
  • I'm fabulous.
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 5367
« Reply #12843 on: September 12, 2010, 01:14:16 PM »
FIRETRUCK!

Awesome Music Video... Ana would agree! :happy:

WHAT THE FIRETRUCK? Yeah, I'll agree. It's a catchy song, and a catchy phrase. I think I'll have the habit of saying it!

<--oh wait, I'll just add it as my personal text.  :bleh:

Good speech! When I actually do get to driving age in 2 years, safety will be my first priority... following the rules of the road. I saw some dumb :censored: yesterday running as many stop signs as possible, almost broadsiding us, and plus, she was going 60 through those stop signs. This was in a neighborhood with a 25 mph speed limit.

Some people can't drive.

I'm still in the process of the whole "getting my license". And here in my area, about 90% of the drivers here do not obey the speed limit, because they just don't give a damn about it. My parents are both among the 90%.  :wacko: Once I get on the busy roads (lately I've been practicing my driving skillz by driving around the neighborhood lol) then I'll have to go against those lousy drivers on 4th street and Imperial Avenue. Of course, I have someone next to me who's monitoring. I'll have to agree with Kyle K. on that.. don't trust anyone on the road.

Mexicali is worse.. which is why I refuse to drive across the border.
hi~ I'm Anistorm.
I'm not a girl, nor a woman. I am a lady.
Member since 2008.
I like thunderstorms.
I'm a moderator at another forum, so my
activity is not as awesome as you think.
Ask for my skype, tumblr and/or twitter.

Offline Mike M

• Weatherscan Contributor
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #12844 on: September 12, 2010, 02:47:52 PM »
I hate it when people do that. I run across that all the time when I'm driving on I-95.

Offline LFMusicFan

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
  • SD Channel #: 61
« Reply #12845 on: September 12, 2010, 10:01:04 PM »
It's really common here to have that happen. People think that just cuz they're in a nice car, they can do whatever the heck they want. In the little section of town where I live, you get the old people. OMG they piss me off soooooo much.  :pinch:
WeatherSTAR 4000 radar map - last updated 11/25/08 at 11:15 PM PDT

Youtube - Myspace - FileFront

phw115wvwx

« Reply #12846 on: September 12, 2010, 11:25:06 PM »
Patience and confidence are probably the two biggest assets you need for driving these days.

Offline LFMusicFan

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
  • SD Channel #: 61
« Reply #12847 on: September 12, 2010, 11:58:14 PM »
Patience and confidence are probably the two biggest assets you need for driving these days.
Yeah, true. I've got plenty of confidence (not OVERconfidence), but I don't get spooked at every little thing. Unfortunately, I'm often in a hurry, and sometimes my patience can be a bit short..
WeatherSTAR 4000 radar map - last updated 11/25/08 at 11:15 PM PDT

Youtube - Myspace - FileFront

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Norfolk Weather Station
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 724
  • HD WxStar ID #: 029745
  • SD Channel #: 24
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22568
« Reply #12848 on: September 13, 2010, 12:43:53 AM »

:clap:

Music and cursing help too :P

Offline jtmal0723

• Jesse T. Maloney
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan, 1998 - present
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
« Reply #12849 on: September 13, 2010, 07:07:02 AM »

*WHY*
:facepalm:

Offline Anistorm

• Ultimate Member
  • I'm fabulous.
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 5367
« Reply #12850 on: September 13, 2010, 10:23:34 AM »
All hail to Lady Gaga.  :worship:

Her dress is freaky...but that doesn't stop me from loving her awesome music.
hi~ I'm Anistorm.
I'm not a girl, nor a woman. I am a lady.
Member since 2008.
I like thunderstorms.
I'm a moderator at another forum, so my
activity is not as awesome as you think.
Ask for my skype, tumblr and/or twitter.

Offline Charismatic Applesauce

• Nice and mushy.
  • Ultimate Member
  • A tu lado.
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 270
  • SD Channel #: 30
  • SD WxStar ID #: 21813
  • WxScan Ch. #: 116
« Reply #12851 on: September 13, 2010, 11:00:48 AM »
All hail to Lady Gaga.  :worship:

Her dress is freaky...but that doesn't stop me from loving her awesome music.
GaGa 4eva :clap:
iWitness   YouTube   Twitter   Facebook
Neither rain or shine will keep a man from making an ass of himself on the news. —Anderson Cooper

Offline Mike M

• Weatherscan Contributor
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #12852 on: September 13, 2010, 01:10:39 PM »
It's really common here to have that happen. People think that just cuz they're in a nice car, they can do whatever the heck they want. In the little section of town where I live, you get the old people. OMG they piss me off soooooo much.  :pinch:
You know what I have noticed? Almost everyone I see who drives BMWs, they seem to have no patience and always cut in front of people. It's like they want attention and have everyone to see how "awesome" their car may be. :rolleyes:

phw115wvwx

« Reply #12853 on: September 14, 2010, 11:08:32 AM »
While at work last night, a couple people told me that the space station would be in view, so we all walked out of the office to look up at the night sky around 8:40 PM.  Sure enough, we saw it quite clearly as a solid light moving across the sky quickly.  It almost passed overhead of us, and it was gone from sight after 4 minutes.

Offline wxmediafan

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • SD Channel #: 57
« Reply #12854 on: September 14, 2010, 12:46:10 PM »
While at work last night, a couple people told me that the space station would be in view, so we all walked out of the office to look up at the night sky around 8:40 PM.  Sure enough, we saw it quite clearly as a solid light moving across the sky quickly.  It almost passed overhead of us, and it was gone from sight after 4 minutes.
Neat!  I saw someone post on Facebook "Did you just see that?"  So I am wondering if that was it, because a couple people said "yes."