April 27, 2024, 07:36:42 PM

Author Topic: The Front Porch  (Read 1769952 times)

Offline Mike M

• Weatherscan Contributor
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: The Front Porch
« Reply #12810 on: September 10, 2010, 06:18:02 AM »
I think my last year of high school will be great... only have 4 classes, and get out at 12:05. :biggrin:

Offline wxmediafan

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • SD Channel #: 57
« Reply #12811 on: September 10, 2010, 07:55:29 AM »
I think my last year of high school will be great... only have 4 classes, and get out at 12:05. :biggrin:
Nice!  I tried getting out after noon my senior year, but NOO my councelor was a d-bag and wouldn't let me, even though I had all my credits after first semester.  He would only let me leave an hour early.  Ah well.  Enjoy it...it flies by.

---
I noticed someone wrote a poem and posted it.  Is that poem called a Haiku?  If so, it's kind of funny because I have a friend who updates his facebook status' in Haiku form :P  Pretty creative.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 07:57:20 AM by wxmediafan »

phw115wvwx

« Reply #12812 on: September 10, 2010, 11:04:50 AM »
You're really lucky.  Make sure you enjoy it.

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Norfolk Weather Station
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 724
  • HD WxStar ID #: 029745
  • SD Channel #: 24
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22568
« Reply #12813 on: September 10, 2010, 04:51:21 PM »
You only have 4 classes total? Are any double blocked or something?

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #12814 on: September 10, 2010, 05:58:12 PM »
I love my classes this year!!  :thrilled: And my English teacher is not like past ones ive had :faint:
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline puffpet

• I have a micronation. BEAT THAT.
  • Teen TWC junkie.
    • View Profile
    • Destiny Computers
  • Cable Provider: Verizon FiOS
  • HD Channel #: 619
  • SD Channel #: 119
  • WxScan Ch. #: 49
« Reply #12815 on: September 10, 2010, 06:52:29 PM »
I love my classes this year!!  :thrilled: And my English teacher is not like past ones ive had :faint:

Lucky. :P My classes are OK, but my World Cultures teacher is old and senile and looks like he wants to kill me. I feel uncomfortable in his class. :thumbdown: But I can't complain about my other classes. My German teacher is AWESOME. :D
Pittsburgh - America's most livable city.
Republic of Okean - World's most livable country.

That's all I got. Oh! Ich kann Deutsch!

Offline Jonathon

• View Profile
« Reply #12816 on: September 10, 2010, 08:13:18 PM »
My summer has flown by and now I'm back in school again. :thumbdown:
Exactly how I feel :P Although college ROCKS!!:D
I hate school. There I said it. :P Anyways, I tried getting on here at school, but it's not that easy to do when you've got around 30 kids staring at you. :no:

Offline Mike M

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #12817 on: September 10, 2010, 10:02:38 PM »
I don't have time for TWC Today at school... I have my own real-life friends to talk to. :happy:

Offline Jonathon

• View Profile
« Reply #12818 on: September 10, 2010, 11:33:54 PM »
I don't have time for TWC Today at school... I have my own real-life friends to talk to. :happy:
Same with me, I do not have any time to go on here, and I don't think I am allowed to go on here at school. My friends are the only people I can talk to. Actually, they are the ONLY people I am ALLOWED to talk to. My school will not let you go on sites like youtube.com, facebook, myspace, all that. I only allowed to go on sites that are appropriate. Let's just say the Lincoln Park School District is very strict.

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Norfolk Weather Station
  • HD Channel #: 724
  • HD WxStar ID #: 029745
  • SD Channel #: 24
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22568
« Reply #12819 on: September 11, 2010, 01:44:26 AM »

Lucky. :P My classes are OK, but my World Cultures teacher is old and senile and looks like he wants to kill me. I feel uncomfortable in his class. :thumbdown: But I can't complain about my other classes. My German teacher is AWESOME. :D
I always wanted to take German but I didn't want to switch after starting Latin. 5 years of that was enough foreign language for me! :P

Offline TWCmatthew

• Avid TWC Fan 2000-2011
  • Ultimate Member
  • Trained Weather Spotter for NWS Detroit/Pontiac
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Page
  • Cable Provider: Charter
  • SD Channel #: 35
  • SD WxStar ID #: 23527
« Reply #12820 on: September 11, 2010, 08:17:20 AM »
My summer has flown by and now I'm back in school again. :thumbdown:
Exactly how I feel :P Although college ROCKS!!:D
I hate school. There I said it. :P Anyways, I tried getting on here at school, but it's not that easy to do when you've got around 30 kids staring at you. :no:
Monroe Public Schools blocks TWCToday and TWCClassics.  :thumbdown: They categorize it as "Audio and Video"  :rolleyes: YouTube, Facebook, inapropriate sites, and all gaming sites are blocked as well.

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12821 on: September 11, 2010, 10:35:27 AM »
You shouldnt be on a public access computer to browse, but rather to learn  ;)
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline twcfan68

• Fan of TWC 1998-2012
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 1014
  • SD Channel #: 14
« Reply #12822 on: September 11, 2010, 10:44:47 AM »
Wow, that is awesome, Mike! You can use that opportunity to have some down time, which is just so good to have. Boy, I was so stressed with the work I had to do my senior year.

I'm glad you're enjoying college, Martin. What do you like the most about it so far? I've had some personal issues that brought my mood down for much of my freshman year of college, but I think this year will be better for me.

Offline Mike M

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #12823 on: September 11, 2010, 11:01:37 AM »
I know, plus I'll have much more extra time to seek help when needed. I doubt I'll be as stressed with overloads as I was last year.

Same with me, I do not have any time to go on here, and I don't think I am allowed to go on here at school. My friends are the only people I can talk to. Actually, they are the ONLY people I am ALLOWED to talk to. My school will not let you go on sites like youtube.com, facebook, myspace, all that. I only allowed to go on sites that are appropriate. Let's just say the Lincoln Park School District is very strict.
My school unblocked YouTube within the last two years since we use it a lot for school assignments.

Offline Jonathon

• View Profile
« Reply #12824 on: September 11, 2010, 12:21:30 PM »
I know, plus I'll have much more extra time to seek help when needed. I doubt I'll be as stressed with overloads as I was last year.

My school unblocked YouTube within the last two years since we use it a lot for school assignments.
Look, Lincoln Park Schools are very strict. We DO NOT use YouTube for school assignments, and any sites that have a proxy are BANNED from Lincoln Park Schools. I tried getting on YouTube, but it's on this thing called Lincoln Park Block. Which means it's banned. And I tried to get on here too, but guess what? It's banned.
You shouldnt be on a public access computer to browse, but rather to learn ;)
Zach, the teachers at my school let me browse. And I have to agree with you, they are for learning.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 01:22:32 PM by Jonathonstorm99 »