June 07, 2024, 02:37:56 AM

Author Topic: The Front Porch  (Read 1789211 times)

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: The Front Porch
« Reply #12705 on: August 24, 2010, 08:46:51 AM »
I'm not suspicious about anything, it's just an unusual pattern I'm seeing.

Offline Robert

• Everyday I'm Shufflin'
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 974
  • SD Channel #: 30
  • WxStar Version: XL
« Reply #12706 on: August 24, 2010, 04:48:54 PM »
Trigonometry class sucks.. Nuff said.  <_<

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12707 on: August 24, 2010, 05:14:18 PM »
Wait until ya take precal. That's worse. <_<

Offline Anistorm

• Ultimate Member
  • I'm fabulous.
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • HD Channel #: 5367
  • SD Channel #: 214
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #12708 on: August 24, 2010, 05:42:26 PM »
I would say today has been incredibly hot. In my first two days back in IVC, I'm glad there were a lot of cooling areas open since the College Center and the Library are always packed. Last year nor the year before they never had that. Tempratures have reached 115 + yesterday and today. Today would be one of the worst, because there have been a lot of ambulances everywhere around campus. We never had an excessive heat warning this summer at all until now.
hi~ I'm Anistorm.
I'm not a girl, nor a woman. I am a lady.
Member since 2008.
I like thunderstorms.
I'm a moderator at another forum, so my
activity is not as awesome as you think.
Ask for my skype, tumblr and/or twitter.

Offline Robert

• Everyday I'm Shufflin'
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 974
  • SD Channel #: 30
  • WxStar Version: XL
« Reply #12709 on: August 24, 2010, 06:07:21 PM »
Wait until ya take precal. That's worse. <_<
My Trig class is actually a mix of Trig/PreCal.. So I feel your pain.. lol I'm planning on doing AP Calculus next year mainly because I don't want to do it in College and it's a chance at scholarships for the colleges I'm looking at getting into such as Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, Oklahoma University and UCLA.. and a few more for meteorology.

I would say today has been incredibly hot. In my first two days back in IVC, I'm glad there were a lot of cooling areas open since the College Center and the Library are always packed. Last year nor the year before they never had that. Tempratures have reached 115 + yesterday and today. Today would be one of the worst, because there have been a lot of ambulances everywhere around campus. We never had an excessive heat warning this summer at all until now.
My goodness!  :blink: How can people live in those kind of temperatures?

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
« Reply #12710 on: August 25, 2010, 05:26:14 AM »
Hi everyone.. I really apologize for not being on last night at all cuz I went to bed at 7:30 and woke up at 5 AM and still tired :yawn:

My first day was awesome socially and terrible procedure-wise. Lightning struck the school and caused power to blink and the fire alarms were in chance of going off as they reconnected the system, the lightning struck the electricity at the portables. Ironically I was almost struck by lightning three years ago from yesterday but was in an outside environment :hmm:
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Norfolk Weather Station
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 724
  • HD WxStar ID #: 029745
  • SD Channel #: 24
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22568
« Reply #12711 on: August 25, 2010, 05:37:47 AM »
Hi everyone.. I really apologize for not being on last night at all cuz I went to bed at 7:30 and woke up at 5 AM and still tired :yawn:

My first day was awesome socially and terrible procedure-wise. Lightning struck the school and caused power to blink and the fire alarms were in chance of going off as they reconnected the system, the lightning struck the electricity at the portables. Ironically I was almost struck by lightning three years ago from yesterday but was in an outside environment :hmm:
Interesting day! I remember my close encounters with lightning. Good times :P

Offline wxmediafan

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • SD Channel #: 57
« Reply #12712 on: August 25, 2010, 07:48:46 AM »
Lightning is one of the most beautiful phenomena I have ever seen.  I love watching it, but it is also very dangerous (duh? :P ).  Last Friday, a 12-year-old boy was struck by lightning in my area.  It's the classing "hear a boom and saw a big flash of light."  Several people witnessed the incident.  It happened 5 minutes AFTER school was let out.  Okay, if there is thunderstorms in the area, wouldn't you keep the students inside until it is safe to leave?

Anyway, he was flown to a burn unit and is still in critical condition.  He cannot communicate, but has opened his eyes.
-----

Zach, sometimes too much sleep can make someone tired.  Happens to me all of the time.  I wish I could get 10 hours of sleep :P  I am lucky if I get 6.

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12713 on: August 25, 2010, 10:08:55 AM »
Yeah I agree. I almost got struck by lightning last month when I was filming and photographing the severe storms in my area. One of the lightning strikes apparently struck a tree 2 blocks away from my house and during that time, my entire porch shook and I almost lost my balance as a result of this. Mother nature is beautiful but this shows as a warning that she has her risks too.

Offline Anistorm

• Ultimate Member
  • I'm fabulous.
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • HD Channel #: 5367
  • SD Channel #: 214
« Reply #12714 on: August 25, 2010, 11:17:12 AM »
I get 8 every day, sleeping at 11-11:30 and wake up at 7-7:30 in the morning.

Easy. You have to be a veteran of the valley to withstand these temperatures. I can go on a day with temps in the 100's but not the 110's. I've been living here for 3 years, and I still can't stand the 110's.
hi~ I'm Anistorm.
I'm not a girl, nor a woman. I am a lady.
Member since 2008.
I like thunderstorms.
I'm a moderator at another forum, so my
activity is not as awesome as you think.
Ask for my skype, tumblr and/or twitter.

Offline Evan2015

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 549
  • HD WxStar ID #: 31471
  • SD Channel #: 49
  • SD WxStar ID #: 31471
  • WxScan Ch. #: 19
  • WxScan ID #: 20271
« Reply #12715 on: August 25, 2010, 04:43:49 PM »

Easy. You have to be a veteran of the valley to withstand these temperatures. I can go on a day with temps in the 100's but not the 110's. I've been living here for 3 years, and I still can't stand the 110's.
I can barely stand 95­° :P Actually, Forbes Magazine said that based on trends that Louisville was the hottest city in the US this summer (at least compared to average)

Offline curtjr4

• View Profile
    • My Youtube
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • SD Channel #: 16
  • WxStar Version: Junior
« Reply #12716 on: August 25, 2010, 04:59:57 PM »

I can barely stand 95­° :P Actually, Forbes Magazine said that based on trends that Louisville was the hottest city in the US this summer (at least compared to average)
I have a very high heat tolerance. 110-115 I can stand, but higher then that WITH humidity... let's say it's a day in the air conditioning  :bleh:

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12717 on: August 25, 2010, 09:26:13 PM »
Had a somewhat tiring day and started to nap in all my classes after last night :facepalm:

I got home and napped waking up in a crabby mood cuz my mom was being stubborn and accused me of my goal for going to school was to slack and sleep :angry: My dad got angry at her and of course i did. Crabbiest ive been since May :(
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline TWCmatthew

• Avid TWC Fan 2000-2011
  • Ultimate Member
  • Trained Weather Spotter for NWS Detroit/Pontiac
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Page
  • Cable Provider: Charter
  • SD Channel #: 35
  • SD WxStar ID #: 23527
« Reply #12718 on: August 26, 2010, 12:13:17 AM »
I just got promoted from "Newbie" to "Junior," and decided to take advantage of this occasion by doing the happy dance.   :dance:  :thrilled:  :clap:  :rofl:

We now return you to regularly scheduled programming.  :wave:
That happened to me around my 50th post.

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Norfolk Weather Station
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 724
  • HD WxStar ID #: 029745
  • SD Channel #: 24
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22568
« Reply #12719 on: August 26, 2010, 02:45:07 AM »
I just got promoted from "Newbie" to "Junior," and decided to take advantage of this occasion by doing the happy dance.   :dance:  :thrilled:  :clap:  :rofl:

We now return you to regularly scheduled programming.  :wave:
That happened to me around my 50th post.
I thought i was on the wrong page when I saw that.  :blink: Old post but glad you reached that point