June 06, 2024, 03:29:53 PM

Author Topic: The Front Porch  (Read 1788131 times)

Offline gt1racerlHDl

• Music Playlist Uploader
  • Ultimate Member
  • Smooth Jazz Fan
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 847
  • HD WxStar ID #: N/A
  • SD Channel #: 47
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22622
  • WxScan Ch. #: 245
  • WxScan ID #: 20735
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: The Front Porch
« Reply #12180 on: June 23, 2010, 02:33:02 PM »
Luckily i felt nothing down here from that earthquake.

Offline kpetree10

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • HD Channel #: 619
  • HD WxStar ID #: 99910
  • SD Channel #: 15
  • SD WxStar ID #: 23277
« Reply #12181 on: June 23, 2010, 02:45:58 PM »
Just found out from the Kyle master (aka Kyle Smith :P), that a 5.5 earthquake just happened a few min ago! I'm impressed to find that it's been felt by a large number of places, such as VT, NY, OH, MI and parts of Canada. The epicenter was in Ottawa.

Anyone in that area felt the shaking? Since I'm an earthquake veteran and I'm used to this, I'm pretty sure it would have been scary for those who felt it. lol

I didn't feel it, neither did my sister, but my local news is reporting some people around my area did. I probably would have noticed it if there wasn't hundreds of tons of presses running outside my office.

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #12182 on: June 23, 2010, 02:57:09 PM »
There was a 5.6 magnitude eartquake out in the Gulf of Mexico on September 11, 2006 and news reporters stated it was most felt around Tampa Bay. I didn't feel anything as I was driving along an elevated part of I-75. I didn't even know one happened until we tuned into WTSP to see a football game and they were airing like a "Breaking News" crawl. :o
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline Trevor

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12183 on: June 23, 2010, 04:15:03 PM »
They are saying it was felt in Louisville. I didn't feel it in Memphis though.

Offline Tyler

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
  • Cable Provider: Verizon FiOS
  • HD Channel #: 619
  • SD Channel #: 119
  • SD WxStar ID #: 27542
  • WxScan Ch. #: 49
  • WxScan ID #: 27543
« Reply #12184 on: June 23, 2010, 04:17:41 PM »
Just found out from the Kyle master (aka Kyle Smith :P), that a 5.5 earthquake just happened a few min ago! I'm impressed to find that it's been felt by a large number of places, such as VT, NY, OH, MI and parts of Canada. The epicenter was in Ottawa.

Anyone in that area felt the shaking? Since I'm an earthquake veteran and I'm used to this, I'm pretty sure it would have been scary for those who felt it. lol

The quake was felt in Downtown Pittsburgh. Local news broke and reported on it, because Allegheny County 911 was flooded with calls.

Offline Lightning86

• Extreme Weather & LF Graphic Design Enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • youtube.com/LightningFever86
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
  • HD Channel #: 762
  • SD Channel #: 62
« Reply #12185 on: June 23, 2010, 07:49:12 PM »
It was felt here in NYC, especially northern Manhattan, Bronx(didn't really felt it myself), and the northwestern suburbs.
TWC fan 12/5/03-4/1/12

Offline curtjr4

• View Profile
    • My Youtube
  • SD Channel #: 16
  • WxStar Version: Junior
« Reply #12186 on: June 23, 2010, 08:23:21 PM »
I didn't feel it here in Lansing/East Lansing. Ohh well, I never felt one here :thumbsup:

Offline Mike M

• Weatherscan Contributor
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #12187 on: June 23, 2010, 08:50:10 PM »
Didn't feel one here in Philly.

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Norfolk Weather Station
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 724
  • HD WxStar ID #: 029745
  • SD Channel #: 24
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22568
« Reply #12188 on: June 23, 2010, 09:19:14 PM »
Got my 3rd generation Touch today. Very snappy! Glad I got the generation with the upgraded processor. Man my iPhone 3G feels like a slow, bloated brick! The kinda-sorta multitasking is nice too
It may be time for me to upgrade to a 3rd generation iPod touch. I am still using my 1st gen. Don't get me wrong, it works great. Durable and blockish :P :lol:
WAIT!!! I got mine because I got 200 bucks off for buying a Macbook Pro. Wait until around the 2nd week of September. The 4th generation will have probably have that sexy new screen the iPhone 4 has. :yes:
NOOOOO! TEH BEAVERS! :( :P

Offline Mike M

• Weatherscan Contributor
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #12189 on: June 23, 2010, 09:20:37 PM »
Does anyone know if the iPod touch will be available in 3G? I want to use it for my car to listen to streams which I couldn't do with a wifi connection.

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12190 on: June 23, 2010, 10:21:12 PM »
Does anyone know if the iPod touch will be available in 3G? I want to use it for my car to listen to streams which I couldn't do with a wifi connection.
Its called the iPhone :P

Offline wxmediafan

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • SD Channel #: 57
« Reply #12191 on: June 24, 2010, 12:29:38 AM »
I did not feel anything, but an area hospital felt it. (the earthquake, that is).

I am getting my ass kicked in my summer classes.  I HATE THEM!! THEY ARE TAKING OVER MY LIFE! haha.  only 1 more week of my meteorology class left..but one more month of my online sociology class left..ugh.  I recommend NOT taking more than 1 class in the summer.

EDIT: speaking of my stupid online class, i can't access the website..how am I supposed to get the work done if the website is down.  ugh.

Offline Anistorm

• Ultimate Member
  • I'm fabulous.
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • HD Channel #: 5367
  • SD Channel #: 214
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #12192 on: June 24, 2010, 01:10:40 AM »
I did not feel anything, but an area hospital felt it. (the earthquake, that is).

I am getting my ass kicked in my summer classes.  I HATE THEM!! THEY ARE TAKING OVER MY LIFE! haha.  only 1 more week of my meteorology class left..but one more month of my online sociology class left..ugh.  I recommend NOT taking more than 1 class in the summer.

EDIT: speaking of my stupid online class, i can't access the website..how am I supposed to get the work done if the website is down.  ugh.

I'd rather take the summer off than take a class. I want to have some freedom and not worry about school till  August.... 23rd, that is. :P

Online classes can have it's downtimes these days. Hope they bring it back up asap. It's technology! We have to get used to that nowadays.
hi~ I'm Anistorm.
I'm not a girl, nor a woman. I am a lady.
Member since 2008.
I like thunderstorms.
I'm a moderator at another forum, so my
activity is not as awesome as you think.
Ask for my skype, tumblr and/or twitter.

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12193 on: June 24, 2010, 04:02:03 AM »

Hang in there man. :)

Wow Ana.... the continuous 2 week squalls you had in El Centro seem to be over :P

Offline wxmediafan

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • SD Channel #: 57
« Reply #12194 on: June 24, 2010, 08:24:22 AM »

Hang in there man. :)

Wow Ana.... the continuous 2 week squalls you had in El Centro seem to be over :P
Haha, thanks Martin.  I'm hangin' in there.

I will feel better once they are done and I NEVER have to take them again (well..at least Sociology :P )