June 06, 2024, 07:05:03 PM

Author Topic: The Front Porch  (Read 1788578 times)

Offline Trevor

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: The Front Porch
« Reply #12150 on: June 22, 2010, 09:32:10 AM »
But I don't think that the top 120 includes TWC HD   :no:

If you get DirecTV, ask someone for their account number, they get $100 and you get $100. And it's cheap   :yes:

DirecTV: I want some money for advertising  :bleh:

And yes, I basically have DirecTV and Comcast, as both of my parents work so I stay with my Grandma over the summer. (She has Comcast.) And my house has DirecTV. So, I mostly see DirecTV, but also Comcast.  :)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 09:34:01 AM by TWCFreak »

Offline hen7713

• Blue Box
  • I write code.
    • View Profile
  • SD Channel #: 64
  • SD WxStar ID #: 24688
« Reply #12151 on: June 22, 2010, 09:51:41 AM »
I am NEVER buying another product from HP again.
I got my laptop back yesterday, but now it just randomly shuts off. Also the power light blinks whenever the laptop is plugged in, even if it's on or off. It's also now reporting "0% (plugged in, not charging)". This sucks, really.

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #12152 on: June 22, 2010, 09:56:59 AM »
DirecTV: I want some money for advertising  :bleh:
DirecTV <3 $$, but they </3 discounts. :footinmouth: We're paying $100 for standalone HD service. :wacko:
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline hen7713

• Blue Box
  • I write code.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12153 on: June 22, 2010, 10:36:09 AM »
One of my pics I sent to the NWS Milwaukee is in their website now.
http://www.crh.noaa.gov/news/display_cmsstory.php?wfo=mkx&storyid=53841&source=0

Offline kpetree10

• View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 619
  • HD WxStar ID #: 99910
  • SD Channel #: 15
  • SD WxStar ID #: 23277
« Reply #12154 on: June 22, 2010, 11:08:23 AM »
But I don't think that the top 120 includes TWC HD   :no:

Dish's HD is usually another $10/mo but if you ask when ordering they will include it free for life.

I got my laptop back yesterday, but now it just randomly shuts off. Also the power light blinks whenever the laptop is plugged in, even if it's on or off. It's also now reporting "0% (plugged in, not charging)". This sucks, really.

I've voiced my displeasure with HP before on here but I'll say it again, I can't stand them... Every HP product I've known anyone to own had literally fallen apart in front of them. They make pure garbage.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 11:10:29 AM by kpetree10 »

Offline Jonathan

• View Profile
    • Jonathan Thornton
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • HD Channel #: 214
  • SD Channel #: 214
« Reply #12155 on: June 22, 2010, 11:09:16 AM »
Dish will treat you nicely if you say you've been their customer for 10 years and you want to switch to Direct. Haha! (Only works if you HAVE been a customer for 10+ years.) We threaten-talked our way to an American-sounding supervisor (thank God) and getting a DVR and an extra box. :D

You have to threaten them. They'll make sure you're satisfied if you won't "go to the competition."

Also, I got iOS 4 yesterday. Sad they won't allow home screen wallpaper on the iPod Touch 2G. (Jailbreak, anyone?) I LOVE the app folders! (Hint: The folders have a maximum of 12 apps.) And my geotagging on Twitter works much better now! It used to say I was either in Branson or St. Louis. <_< Now, it's actually in West Plains. :D
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 11:12:19 AM by Jonathan »

Offline Tyler

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
  • Cable Provider: Verizon FiOS
  • HD Channel #: 619
  • SD Channel #: 119
  • SD WxStar ID #: 27542
  • WxScan Ch. #: 49
  • WxScan ID #: 27543
« Reply #12156 on: June 22, 2010, 11:32:17 AM »
Please, just drop it. Please don't say anything else about it or what I have said.
You seriously need to refrain from telling people, in posts and in PMs, that they need to stop discussing a topic. It's not your job to do so. What you post here is subject to interpretation by other members, and if they want to voice their opinion on a post, they have every right to do so, as  long as it is within the forums rules and regulations. If you have a problem with that, then maybe you need to stop posting such ridiculous ideas.

Offline Mike M

• Weatherscan Contributor
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #12157 on: June 22, 2010, 11:33:19 AM »
You seriously need to refrain from telling people, in posts and in PMs, that they need to stop discussing a topic. It's not your job to do so. What you post here is subject to interpretation by other members, and if they want to voice their opinion on a post, they have every right to do so, as  long as it is within the forums rules and regulations. If you have a problem with that, then maybe you need to stop posting such ridiculous ideas.
Thank you :clap:

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12158 on: June 22, 2010, 11:43:58 AM »
I'm sorry if I shouldn't be stepping in, but Aaron, I have to agree with Tyler on that one. Saying "drop it" isn't the way to go and when you do that, it doesn't drop, but rather continues.

Why is it so hard to drop it Tyler? I don't get it why you have to respond to, and correct me on, every last thing I say. I don't do that to you, and I would appreciate it if that would be the case the other way around. That post was several above, and a response to it solves nothing.

I would have to agree......
Yes, it's an argument, Trevor, but it's just a reminder to prevent yourself from causing mischief again.
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
« Reply #12159 on: June 22, 2010, 11:50:07 AM »
Indeed it is summer, my radar agrees! :D
Yeah, looks like Tampa has been bombarded all evening. Saw a Heavy Thunderstorm report on the HD LF for Tampa earlier.

Speaking of the HD LF, does anyone know if it's possible to subscribe to Dish or DirecTV and only pay for the HD channels? I'm starting to think I may want to do that once the [HD] STAR rolls out, so I can still catch narrationless clips of songs. I would have to pay for it myself, of course.
Don't you have the HD channels already on your Comcast lineup? If you do, then I don't see a need to subscribe to another provider and please DO NOT subscribe to satellite if you do not have any wish to. It'll be a utter waste when the storms roll in and knock the signal out or if you have a lot of trees in your neighborhood, blocking the signal.

Offline Jonathan

• View Profile
    • Jonathan Thornton
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • HD Channel #: 214
  • SD Channel #: 214
« Reply #12160 on: June 22, 2010, 11:52:24 AM »
"Mischief?" But Aaron, Tyler is a Moderator, so I am kinda with him.........sorry Aaron  :hmm:

I am NOT taking either side here, but just because someone is a moderator doesn't mean they're right. It's their views that should make you decide who's right. However, I do believe Tyler held this situation properly.

Offline Trevor

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
« Reply #12161 on: June 22, 2010, 12:02:46 PM »
"Mischief?"
Mischief means trouble, disaster, dilemma, feuds, etc.

I know what it means....but what did I do that you would classify as "mischief"?
"Mischief?" But Aaron, Tyler is a Moderator, so I am kinda with him.........sorry Aaron  :hmm:

I am NOT taking either side here, but just because someone is a moderator doesn't mean they're right. It's their views that should make you decide who's right. However, I do believe Tyler held this situation properly.

I noticed that I had worded it wrong, so while you were posting that, I was editing my post  ;)

Offline Mike M

• Weatherscan Contributor
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #12162 on: June 22, 2010, 12:14:22 PM »
* Mike M gets out a broom, dustpan, and mop for Martin

-Thanks (From Martin) :)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 12:31:37 PM by Martin »

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Norfolk Weather Station
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 724
  • HD WxStar ID #: 029745
  • SD Channel #: 24
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22568
« Reply #12163 on: June 22, 2010, 12:25:31 PM »

Oh that could be the power adapter. Sometimes the chip in the cord that identifies the type of cord with your computer can damage and your computer wont charge. Its probably shutting off randomly because it is at 0%. Try getting them to send you a new adapter. Should fix you right up :)

One of my pics I sent to the NWS Milwaukee is in their website now.
http://www.crh.noaa.gov/news/display_cmsstory.php?wfo=mkx&storyid=53841&source=0

Cool!! Congrats :D Thats awesome
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 12:30:55 PM by Martin »

Offline hen7713

• Blue Box
  • I write code.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12164 on: June 22, 2010, 12:47:36 PM »
Oh that could be the power adapter. Sometimes the chip in the cord that identifies the type of cord with your computer can damage and your computer wont charge. Its probably shutting off randomly because it is at 0%. Try getting them to send you a new adapter. Should fix you right up :)

This would be the 3rd cord then from HP. Basically every time I send it in the old problems are fixed but there are new ones that magically appear. Also why would the power light be blinking like it is? Also it's reporting (plugged in, charging) now but it isn't actually charging.

Edit: My Mistake, it was in fact the battery light blinking. It doesn't blink when the battery isn't in the laptop though.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 12:50:25 PM by hen7713 »