April 28, 2024, 02:05:27 PM

Author Topic: The Front Porch  (Read 1771510 times)

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: The Front Porch
« Reply #12120 on: June 20, 2010, 11:40:59 PM »
Yes, I know what he meant.
why don't you try something else simpler like a babysitting job?

Offline Mike M

• Weatherscan Contributor
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #12121 on: June 20, 2010, 11:58:37 PM »
Yes, I know what he meant.
why don't you try something else simpler like a babysitting job?
Eww :sick:

Sorry, I like kids but I don't have patience to take care of them.

Offline Tyler

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
  • Cable Provider: Verizon FiOS
  • HD Channel #: 619
  • SD Channel #: 119
  • SD WxStar ID #: 27542
  • WxScan Ch. #: 49
  • WxScan ID #: 27543
« Reply #12122 on: June 21, 2010, 12:20:32 AM »
Nowhere in particular, really (except for the Mackinac Bridge Walk on Labor Day). I just really enjoy seeing the local forecasts from different angles, so I've been going all over the state the past 14 months. It somehow makes me proud to have credit for finding all these XL's in the state, and to have all these local forecasts from all these locations. I feel like a walking library, with some 1400 videos :happy: :P

You travel all across MI just to see local forecasts? :wacko: :blink:

Offline hen7713

• Blue Box
  • I write code.
    • View Profile
  • SD Channel #: 64
  • SD WxStar ID #: 24688
« Reply #12123 on: June 21, 2010, 01:34:36 AM »
IMO That seems a little irrational to me, no offense, sorry.

Offline curtjr4

• View Profile
    • My Youtube
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • SD Channel #: 16
  • WxStar Version: Junior
« Reply #12124 on: June 21, 2010, 02:18:43 AM »
Nowhere in particular, really (except for the Mackinac Bridge Walk on Labor Day). I just really enjoy seeing the local forecasts from different angles, so I've been going all over the state the past 14 months. It somehow makes me proud to have credit for finding all these XL's in the state, and to have all these local forecasts from all these locations. I feel like a walking library, with some 1400 videos :happy: :P

You travel all across MI just to see local forecasts? :wacko: :blink:
Aaron may be going crazy! Call the authorities! :fear: Just kidding. But yet, it is a bit odd to go around the state just for that purpose. The only XL I ever saw in MI was the one in Petoskey... but I just went there to my uncles cottage and my grand parents 50th anniversary, so I had a valid reason  :yes:

Any who, can somebody here help me with a bit of an issue... you see, I have a HP DV6 laptop (from 2007). The power adapter almost caught on fire. It was a light show, literally. So I contacted HP about it and they are shipping a replacement adapter with 1 day shipping for free. I noticed in the service order, the amperage was 2.4. On the current adapter I own, it's 3.5 amps. Can the change damage my laptop? (The voltage is the same... 18.5V outbound). Ohh, heres a picture of the adapter that caught on fire. You can see this wire hanging out from the insulation that should be covering it (But, the insulation melted ironically...)

Also, sorry for the bad quality. I took the picture with my phone ;)

Offline hen7713

• Blue Box
  • I write code.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12125 on: June 21, 2010, 02:23:01 AM »
I'm sure it wouldn't.

Offline Anistorm

• Ultimate Member
  • I'm fabulous.
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • HD Channel #: 5367
  • SD Channel #: 214
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #12126 on: June 21, 2010, 02:58:17 AM »
Ouch, Curt! Thank goodness you're getting a new adapter. That must have been dangerous.

Anyways, it's two weeks till the 4th Family Reunion, and I'm very excited. I'm actually working behind the scenes with my design skills. I'm designing a "newsletter" with pictures and the names of the family, and I also designed the banner, which the picture of it is attached below. My uncle, who is an art teacher in Mexicali sketched the picture and I decided on the colors. My cousin and I worked on it all day, and it all turned out to be a success. 

(from left to right: My sister, my cousin Handy, me, and my uncle.)
hi~ I'm Anistorm.
I'm not a girl, nor a woman. I am a lady.
Member since 2008.
I like thunderstorms.
I'm a moderator at another forum, so my
activity is not as awesome as you think.
Ask for my skype, tumblr and/or twitter.

Offline curtjr4

• View Profile
    • My Youtube
  • SD Channel #: 16
  • WxStar Version: Junior
« Reply #12127 on: June 21, 2010, 03:04:56 AM »
Ouch, Curt! Thank goodness you're getting a new adapter. That must have been dangerous.

Anyways, it's two weeks till the 4th Family Reunion, and I'm very excited. I'm actually working behind the scenes with my design skills. I'm designing a "newsletter" with pictures and the names of the family, and I also designed the banner, which the picture of it is attached below. My uncle, who is an art teacher in Mexicali sketched the picture and I decided on the colors. My cousin and I worked on it all day, and it all turned out to be a success. 

At least they are replacing it free of charge. They normally take forever for shipping, so I wonder why they chose 1 day shipping. Trying to avoid a lawsuit?  :rofl2:

But great job, Ana! That banner looks excellent! I love the colors. But hey, have a great time with the reunion! I hope you have a wonderful time :yes:

Offline hen7713

• Blue Box
  • I write code.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12128 on: June 21, 2010, 09:56:00 AM »

At least they are replacing it free of charge. They normally take forever for shipping, so I wonder why they chose 1 day shipping. Trying to avoid a lawsuit?  :rofl2:

But great job, Ana! That banner looks excellent! I love the colors. But hey, have a great time with the reunion! I hope you have a wonderful time :yes:

They did 1 day shipping for the box to ship my laptop to them.

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12129 on: June 21, 2010, 11:45:10 AM »
:offtopic:

Happy first day of summer, everybody!!! :thrilled: :biggrin: :dance: My favorite season has finally arrived! :P

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
« Reply #12130 on: June 21, 2010, 12:51:54 PM »
:offtopic:

Happy first day of summer, everybody!!! :thrilled: :biggrin: :dance: My favorite season has finally arrived! :P
Holy cow Andy your signiture rocks!! :thrilled: If you don't mind me asking (if needed take it to a PM), how did you make that sig? :D
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Norfolk Weather Station
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 724
  • HD WxStar ID #: 029745
  • SD Channel #: 24
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22568
« Reply #12131 on: June 21, 2010, 12:52:10 PM »
And that doesn't seem odd at all. Man I am surprised anyones parents would let their kid do that. :wacko:

The cable was damaged so its not surprising it malfunctioned. Mine smoked and sparked once. Dell always sends me stuff via overnight/1day shipping. Quite standard in the industry I thought

Offline tpirfan28

• Ultimate Member
  • Site Designer Extraordinare!
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 270
  • SD Channel #: 57
« Reply #12132 on: June 21, 2010, 12:58:52 PM »
When my iPhone stopped responding to touch it was a shade less than 48 hours from the start of the call to when I had a new phone in my hands.

Offline hen7713

• Blue Box
  • I write code.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12133 on: June 21, 2010, 02:46:49 PM »
Well I got my laptop back today, and I'm not very pleased. They reinstalled Vista on my PC, which pisses me off, however I had everything backed up so it wasn't that much of a big deal.  :club:

Offline gt1racerlHDl

• Music Playlist Uploader
  • Ultimate Member
  • Smooth Jazz Fan
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
  • HD Channel #: 847
  • HD WxStar ID #: N/A
  • SD Channel #: 47
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22622
  • WxScan Ch. #: 245
  • WxScan ID #: 20735
« Reply #12134 on: June 21, 2010, 02:59:40 PM »
Looks like AIM Mail is down. everytime i try to access the site i get this error

Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to webmail.aol.com

Edit: doesn't work on any of my browsers (Opera,Safari,IE 8, Firefox)