June 06, 2024, 06:07:14 PM

Author Topic: The Front Porch  (Read 1788474 times)

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
Re: The Front Porch
« Reply #11955 on: June 11, 2010, 07:55:11 PM »
I haven't gotten to the fad yet, but I might start wearing hoodies next year. I've already started wearing pants on a regular basis. :P
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline wxmediafan

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • SD Channel #: 57
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
« Reply #11956 on: June 12, 2010, 01:05:11 AM »
I love wearing hoodies.  Nice and confortable.  Not too heavy and not too light.

Offline Mike M

• Weatherscan Contributor
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #11957 on: June 12, 2010, 01:27:19 AM »
I seem to start trends at my school. Last year I started wearing glasses with thick scientist-esque frames, and within a few months later a lot of other people started wearing them.

Offline wxntrafficfan

• The official "In front of the scenes" STAR Insider
  • Ultimate Member
  • I decide what I wear; the weather does not
    • View Profile
    • My youtube channel
  • HD Channel #: 245
  • SD Channel #: 36
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22840
« Reply #11958 on: June 12, 2010, 04:47:37 AM »
I am so glad I made the switch to contacts back in 8th grade (early 2007). I hated wearing glasses for a number of reasons. Very few people at my school are wearing glasses (I'm not sure many are wearing contacts that I know of either, but I do have vision issues :P ). Glasses kept slipping down my face, there was the issue of constantly taking them off and putting them back on, and also dropping them. I also have exceptional use of peripheral vision, and glasses don't usually support that. I personally just don't like the look of glasses to be honest.

Charter has channels all over the place up here. TV Guide is on channel 4, Nick is on channel 23, TV Land on channel 56, and TWC on channel 95. Odd though, since the station ID says that TWC is on channel 26. Charter must have moved things around.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 06:05:18 AM by wxntrafficfan »
TWC in...
Lansing: Comcast, Channel 36, STAR ID 22840
E. Lansing: Comcast, Channel 40, STAR ID 22842
Lansing Area: Broadstripe, Channel 40, STAR ID 25349
Current STAR count: 32. Be sure to see my channel for links to all the uploads!

"Until you have lived with all of them in there with you day after day, week after week, year after frikkin year... you are in no position to judge me!" -Debra Barone, Everybody Loves Raymond

Offline curtjr4

• View Profile
    • My Youtube
  • SD Channel #: 16
  • WxStar Version: Junior
« Reply #11959 on: June 12, 2010, 10:53:38 AM »
I love wearing hoodies.  Nice and confortable.  Not too heavy and not too light.
I wear a hoodie no matter where I go, and no matter what the temp is. I've never noticed it was a fasion trend since I have never seen anyone else wear them here  :no:

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11960 on: June 12, 2010, 11:51:22 AM »
I am so glad I made the switch to contacts back in 8th grade (early 2007). I hated wearing glasses for a number of reasons. Very few people at my school are wearing glasses (I'm not sure many are wearing contacts that I know of either, but I do have vision issues :P ). Glasses kept slipping down my face, there was the issue of constantly taking them off and putting them back on, and also dropping them. I also have exceptional use of peripheral vision, and glasses don't usually support that. I personally just don't like the look of glasses to be honest.

Charter has channels all over the place up here. TV Guide is on channel 4, Nick is on channel 23, TV Land on channel 56, and TWC on channel 95. Odd though, since the station ID says that TWC is on channel 26. Charter must have moved things around.
I have been wearing glasses since 2007. I only usually wear them out in public, not at home. :P
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline Mike M

• Weatherscan Contributor
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #11961 on: June 12, 2010, 12:11:02 PM »
Not wearing contacts... I heard a lot of rumors of how they cause diseases, plus I can't stand putting something into my eye... it gives me that awkward feeling.

My friend told me he wore glasses that supposedly help improve your vision and it worked for him. I'll have to look at those.

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
« Reply #11962 on: June 12, 2010, 12:28:09 PM »
Ditto, I always wear one when going to the mall or movies

Offline wxmediafan

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • SD Channel #: 57
« Reply #11963 on: June 12, 2010, 12:43:40 PM »
Not wearing contacts... I heard a lot of rumors of how they cause diseases, plus I can't stand putting something into my eye... it gives me that awkward feeling.

My friend told me he wore glasses that supposedly help improve your vision and it worked for him. I'll have to look at those.
Not sure about those diseases, so they probably are just a rumor.  But I do know a lot of people who tried contacts, and couldn't stick with them because of that "awkward felling" you are talking about.

My dad and brother have just gotten used to them I suppose.

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11964 on: June 12, 2010, 05:21:24 PM »
Worked on some HTML today and came up with this. :D

It seems when I overlay 7 layers onto an HTML file (more towards CSS), it locks the browser up for a sec (for me at least). :thinking:

Offline Jonathan

• View Profile
    • Jonathan Thornton
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • HD Channel #: 214
  • SD Channel #: 214
« Reply #11965 on: June 12, 2010, 06:01:58 PM »
I'm happy to announce that I FINALLY bought a tuner! It's the Hauppauge 950Q, which I heard is pretty good. Haven't tried it yet...my dad is the best one to screw with the wiring, and he has to go to a fish fry (UUUGH...don't get me started about my thoughts on eating fish) tonight. Hopefully I can try recording some of my DVRed shows tonight; if not, I will definitely take a stab at it tomorrow. It'll be nice to have non-shaky video now. :P My goal is to reupload the videos of TV that I have on YouTube with...of course, better quality.

Offline wxntrafficfan

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #11966 on: June 12, 2010, 06:45:05 PM »
Well, connecting to Jonathan's story, something happened with either my tuner or my laptop today. The tuner window won't even open now, and I think one of the files might have been screwed up. I'm starting to give some mind to just buying a new laptop, with a much faster processor. I never bothered to look at processors when I had bought both my desktop and m laptop in the past, which may have been the underlying cause to some of the issues I have had.
TWC in...

"Until you have lived with all of them in there with you day after day, week after week, year after frikkin year... you are in no position to judge me!" -Debra Barone, Everybody Loves Raymond

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11967 on: June 12, 2010, 06:49:17 PM »
Well, connecting to Jonathan's story, something happened with either my tuner or my laptop today. The tuner window won't even open now, and I think one of the files might have been screwed up. I'm starting to give some mind to just buying a new laptop, with a much faster processor. I never bothered to look at processors when I had bought both my desktop and m laptop in the past, which may have been the underlying cause to some of the issues I have had.
Aaron, I don't know if you're talking about your Pinnacle, HP, or Hauppauge tuner, but if it's the Pinnacle, those can tend to be screwy at times, mine has foiled me, but a simple rewrite to the drivers helped it. :hmm:

Offline wxntrafficfan

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #11968 on: June 12, 2010, 06:52:52 PM »
Aaron, I don't know if you're talking about your Pinnacle, HP, or Hauppauge tuner, but if it's the Pinnacle, those can tend to be screwy at times, mine has foiled me, but a simple rewrite to the drivers helped it. :hmm:
Oh no, I could not ask for a better TV tuner than the internal Pinnacle card I use in my desktop. Sorry, I should have been more specific. It's the Hauppauge one I use on my laptop. But the thing is, I strongly believe it's the laptop that is the issue.
TWC in...

Offline hen7713

• Blue Box
  • I write code.
    • View Profile
  • SD Channel #: 64
  • SD WxStar ID #: 24688
« Reply #11969 on: June 12, 2010, 07:09:39 PM »
Have you tried reinstalling the OS? It worked for me when my laptop started having severe performance degradation. However That's not going to fix the problems it's having now (I had to send it to HP) xD