April 27, 2024, 12:49:23 PM

Author Topic: The Front Porch  (Read 1769502 times)

Offline wxntrafficfan

• The official "In front of the scenes" STAR Insider
  • Ultimate Member
  • I decide what I wear; the weather does not
    • View Profile
    • My youtube channel
  • HD Channel #: 245
  • SD Channel #: 36
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22840
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: The Front Porch
« Reply #11925 on: June 09, 2010, 05:51:15 AM »
IMO, AT&T has a lot of work to do period. Their advertisements are really not that good, and the company seems to have become a hollow shell of what it was when it actually provided cable service (way back when, in the early XL daze).
TWC in...
Lansing: Comcast, Channel 36, STAR ID 22840
E. Lansing: Comcast, Channel 40, STAR ID 22842
Lansing Area: Broadstripe, Channel 40, STAR ID 25349
Current STAR count: 32. Be sure to see my channel for links to all the uploads!

"Until you have lived with all of them in there with you day after day, week after week, year after frikkin year... you are in no position to judge me!" -Debra Barone, Everybody Loves Raymond

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #11926 on: June 09, 2010, 07:17:00 AM »
Heh, my phone can only make calls, but it's only a prepaid plan. :hmm:

On the other hand, just two more days left as a high school freshman! :D
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline wxmediafan

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • SD Channel #: 57
« Reply #11927 on: June 09, 2010, 08:06:29 AM »
I love Facebook's privacy settings.   My dad, aunt and uncle all added me on Facebook (being the good son and nephew I am [ha!], I added them), and now I can hide stuff from them (mostly photos and wall posts :P). (Not that anything bad is on my facebook.. I just don't think they need to know what is going on in my social life  :biggrin: )

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #11928 on: June 09, 2010, 12:48:05 PM »
I love Facebook's privacy settings.   My dad, aunt and uncle all added me on Facebook (being the good son and nephew I am [ha!], I added them), and now I can hide stuff from them (mostly photos and wall posts :P). (Not that anything bad is on my facebook.. I just don't think they need to know what is going on in my social life  :biggrin: )
Haha I redid mine that way about two weeks ago for the same exact reason. :P
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline brbjambajuice

• Sunny!
    • View Profile
    • Grapple Website
  • HD Channel #: nope
  • SD Channel #: 61
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22884
« Reply #11929 on: June 09, 2010, 01:27:34 PM »
Severe weather is rolling in!
*Also under a flood watch

3:19 joshua8790: Who put the in n out secrets as topic? xD
3:30 joshua8790: Wow, power surge
3:31 SpringRubberMB: it's all of the burger greatness messing with your power
3:32 Ferret95|XP: eh vood lek du beh eh damburger!

Offline wxntrafficfan

• The official "In front of the scenes" STAR Insider
  • Ultimate Member
  • I decide what I wear; the weather does not
    • View Profile
    • My youtube channel
  • HD Channel #: 245
  • SD Channel #: 36
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22840
« Reply #11930 on: June 09, 2010, 03:17:58 PM »
So I was watching Cold Case on TNT, and this popped up:

Not too crazy about it, but I knew it was going to happen here in the E.L. and Haslett this year. All channels are already digital (and thus require a cable box for all TVs and TV tuners) in Lansing.
TWC in...
Lansing: Comcast, Channel 36, STAR ID 22840
E. Lansing: Comcast, Channel 40, STAR ID 22842
Lansing Area: Broadstripe, Channel 40, STAR ID 25349
Current STAR count: 32. Be sure to see my channel for links to all the uploads!

"Until you have lived with all of them in there with you day after day, week after week, year after frikkin year... you are in no position to judge me!" -Debra Barone, Everybody Loves Raymond

Offline Evan2015

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 549
  • HD WxStar ID #: 31471
  • SD Channel #: 49
  • SD WxStar ID #: 31471
  • WxScan Ch. #: 19
  • WxScan ID #: 20271
« Reply #11931 on: June 09, 2010, 05:01:46 PM »
So I was watching Cold Case on TNT, and this popped up:

Not too crazy about it, but I knew it was going to happen here in the E.L. and Haslett this year. All channels are already digital (and thus require a cable box for all TVs and TV tuners) in Lansing.

FPB has that just about completely done here, now they're cutting off the analog cable.

Offline CartoonJazzLover

• Ultimate Member
  • Former TWC Fan (2003-2011)
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Charter
  • SD Channel #: 52
« Reply #11932 on: June 09, 2010, 07:48:40 PM »
You Tube down right now. :hammer: :thumbdown:

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Norfolk Weather Station
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 724
  • HD WxStar ID #: 029745
  • SD Channel #: 24
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22568
« Reply #11933 on: June 09, 2010, 09:56:15 PM »
You Tube down right now. :hammer: :thumbdown:
Seems ok to me. Must have been a temporary thing. Twitter has been glitchy the past day or so

Offline Tyler

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
  • Cable Provider: Verizon FiOS
  • HD Channel #: 619
  • SD Channel #: 119
  • SD WxStar ID #: 27542
  • WxScan Ch. #: 49
  • WxScan ID #: 27543
« Reply #11934 on: June 09, 2010, 10:01:49 PM »
IMO, AT&T has a lot of work to do period. Their advertisements are really not that good, and the company seems to have become a hollow shell of what it was when it actually provided cable service (way back when, in the early XL daze).
I beg to differ. I think some of their ads are pretty creative, especially the one where there are orange carpets being rolled out across landmarks all across the country. And while they have work to do to improve their wireless capabilities (i.e. less dropped calls), they certainly aren't a hollow shell. If they were a hollow shell they wouldn't be the number one land line provider and the second largest cellular provider in the United States. And you really can't compare AT&T to how it was during the digital cable days. Besides the fact that they aren't a digital cable company anymore, he company, technology, and consumer needs have drastically changed since then.

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Norfolk Weather Station
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 724
  • HD WxStar ID #: 029745
  • SD Channel #: 24
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22568
« Reply #11935 on: June 09, 2010, 10:17:39 PM »

I beg to differ. I think some of their ads are pretty creative, especially the one where there are orange carpets being rolled out across landmarks all across the country. And while they have work to do to improve their wireless capabilities (i.e. less dropped calls), they certainly aren't a hollow shell. If they were a hollow shell they wouldn't be the number one land line provider and the second largest cellular provider in the United States. And you really can't compare AT&T to how it was during the digital cable days. Besides the fact that they aren't a digital cable company anymore, he company, technology, and consumer needs have drastically changed since then.

They truly are a giant company

I find this video explains it very well :P
http://www.phonenews.com/images/2007/1/colbert-report-roasts-att-cingular.mp4
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 10:38:17 PM by Martin »

Offline Tyler

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
  • Cable Provider: Verizon FiOS
  • HD Channel #: 619
  • SD Channel #: 119
  • SD WxStar ID #: 27542
  • WxScan Ch. #: 49
  • WxScan ID #: 27543
« Reply #11936 on: June 10, 2010, 12:34:59 AM »
Pretty big police chase in the area today, and I actually witnessed it a portion of it. The chase lasted an hour, starting in the city of Pittsburgh, leading into the East Hills neighborhood of the city, then via I-376 into Wilkinsburg, Penn Hills, Swissvale, and ended in Monroeville. KDKA reports several police agencies were involved, including Pittsburgh Police, PA State Police, Allegheny County Police, Allegheny County Sheriff's Office, Penn Hills Police, Wilkinsburg Police, Swissvale Police, Churchill Police, Forest Hills Police, and Monroeville Police. The chase originated in the city, so Pittsburgh Police took jurisdiction over the investigation. KDKA obtained surveillance video and they counted 26 police cars behind the suspect at that point in time.

After crashing in a very busy Monroeville shopping center parking lot, the suspect hit several police cars, injuring 3 officers:  1 Allegheny County Sheriff's Deputy, and 2 Pittsburgh Police officers. The two city officers where hit and thrown into the air, sustaining severe injuries to their lower extremities. 

It's sad  someone would run from police and drive like that, putting literally the thousands of people he passed on the road at risk. Here's one of the videos via KDKA: http://kdka.com/video/?id=73163@kdka.dayport.com

Offline CartoonJazzLover

• Ultimate Member
  • Former TWC Fan (2003-2011)
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Charter
  • SD Channel #: 52
« Reply #11937 on: June 10, 2010, 02:26:32 AM »
I am going to lose privileges the next day thanks to that jerk that my mom is having a relationship with. That means I won't be using computer and play video games for a while :thumbdown:. What a jerk that guy is. He just act as a dad to me and I get to see almost every single day and I CAN'T STAND IT!!!  He just ruins summer 2010 and the whole year for me.  how disappointing. I thought it went well. I hope it doesn't happen cause I get really upset if I lose privilege in using the Internet (even though I can't stand this computer). Just like losing a good friend, I will get really upset as well, which last happens on 4/29/2010 for saying rude things to her, but I'm still her friend and nice to her. :) I hate my mom's boyfriend so much he has to move back to his home, not our family. I hate it when someone like him lives there, but has a different last name than the one who belongs in his/her own house. I prefer seeing my friends every single day, not that lousy  :censored: hole who punished me. Thanks the lord I don't has a girl/boycrap(friend) nor I never will have one.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 02:42:34 AM by Martin »

Offline Mike M

• Weatherscan Contributor
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #11938 on: June 10, 2010, 06:31:27 AM »
Well, you have to still respect him even though you don't like him. You can't stop your mom from having a relationship with him. :no:

Offline wxmediafan

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • SD Channel #: 57
« Reply #11939 on: June 10, 2010, 10:30:35 AM »
Pretty big police chase in the area today, and I actually witnessed it a portion of it. The chase lasted an hour, starting in the city of Pittsburgh, leading into the East Hills neighborhood of the city, then via I-376 into Wilkinsburg, Penn Hills, Swissvale, and ended in Monroeville. KDKA reports several police agencies were involved, including Pittsburgh Police, PA State Police, Allegheny County Police, Allegheny County Sheriff's Office, Penn Hills Police, Wilkinsburg Police, Swissvale Police, Churchill Police, Forest Hills Police, and Monroeville Police. The chase originated in the city, so Pittsburgh Police took jurisdiction over the investigation. KDKA obtained surveillance video and they counted 26 police cars behind the suspect at that point in time.

After crashing in a very busy Monroeville shopping center parking lot, the suspect hit several police cars, injuring 3 officers:  1 Allegheny County Sheriff's Deputy, and 2 Pittsburgh Police officers. The two city officers where hit and thrown into the air, sustaining severe injuries to their lower extremities. 

It's sad  someone would run from police and drive like that, putting literally the thousands of people he passed on the road at risk. Here's one of the videos via KDKA: http://kdka.com/video/?id=73163@kdka.dayport.com

People amaze me.  Luckily nobody was killed.  Anytime I hear about someone being hit by a car and THROWN into the air, I just can't even imagine living through that.  Hopefully those people fully recover.
-------------