June 06, 2024, 01:35:46 PM

Author Topic: The Front Porch  (Read 1787896 times)

Offline Trevor

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: The Front Porch
« Reply #11895 on: June 06, 2010, 04:21:47 PM »
Changing the subject of discussion.... This disturbs me quite a bit:
Time to whip out the ole belt!! More parents need to whack their kids once in a while. Its not mistreatment at all.... its effective punishment :club:

Uhhh...Martin? Did you read the video title correctly? :P

That kid needs to be whacked across the face. I'm sorry, but that's the truth. Rule of like: Don't hit your own mother. <_< And to the people who think that slapping is child abuse, it isn't. I got slapped when I misbehaved, and did I go running to the police? Call 911? Ask Dr. Phil to remedy the situation? (cough) No! Children need discipline.

If I were to do that, I would:

1. Be hit with a belt
2. Be banned from the PC for at least 2 weeks

And the kid thinks that his mom is doing something wrong.......um......KID: Stop acting like a 4 year old brat and learn some respect.

I was raised to never hit/slap/punch a girl, or your own MOTHER for that matter! This kid is  :wacko:!

Offline Mike M

• Weatherscan Contributor
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #11896 on: June 06, 2010, 06:48:42 PM »
After all the excitement of hoping to getting severe weather here, we got NOTHING in Bensalem. We had gusty winds, but that was it. <_<

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
« Reply #11897 on: June 06, 2010, 07:44:43 PM »
After all the excitement of hoping to getting severe weather here, we got NOTHING in Bensalem. We had gusty winds, but that was it. <_<
Same here, Mike. We didn't even get raindrops and the sun came out afterwards. :yawn:

Offline beanboy89

• Ultimate Member
  • Caulk the wagons and float!
    • View Profile
    • http://billy.mozfaq.org/
  • SD Channel #: 53
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22608
  • WxScan Ch. #: 101
« Reply #11898 on: June 06, 2010, 07:55:16 PM »
Same here, Mike. We didn't even get raindrops and the sun came out afterwards. :yawn:
Same as you two. All hype, no storms whatsoever. Just got some strong breezes and a few showers. Oh well, it should be a very nice few days behind this front.
My super-awesome website!
[00:45] <SpringRubberMB> I wear a condom everywhere I go!

Offline Mike M

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #11899 on: June 06, 2010, 10:08:42 PM »
Why isn't it that I get emergency alert system warnings anymore? I haven't seen it been activated for a warning since like 2004 and we get warnings all the time...

Offline curtjr4

• View Profile
    • My Youtube
  • SD Channel #: 16
  • WxStar Version: Junior
« Reply #11900 on: June 06, 2010, 10:26:49 PM »
Why isn't it that I get emergency alert system warnings anymore? I haven't seen it been activated for a warning since like 2004 and we get warnings all the time...
Depends on the event... they generaly only activate it for hurricanes, tornadoes, or civil emergencies/notices :biggrin:

Offline Mike M

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #11901 on: June 06, 2010, 10:51:29 PM »
Depends on the event... they generaly only activate it for hurricanes, tornadoes, or civil emergencies/notices :biggrin:
Which we've had in recent years and I never see it...

Offline P71nnacle

• Ultimate Member
  • Penn State Alum '10
    • View Profile
    • Rarely used Xanga
  • HD Channel #: 815
  • HD WxStar ID #: ---
  • SD Channel #: 16
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22420
« Reply #11902 on: June 06, 2010, 10:59:10 PM »
Pittsburgh got swamped the past few days...we in State College had a couple of Severe Thunderstorm Watches, a Tornado Watch, and maybe three Severe Thunderstorm Warnings in the past week. The line today with the front was the scariest because there were so many supercells. I was trashed last night and was awakened by the Weatheradio at 7:30 AM with a Tornado Watch.

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Norfolk Weather Station
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 724
  • HD WxStar ID #: 029745
  • SD Channel #: 24
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22568
« Reply #11903 on: June 07, 2010, 12:04:07 AM »
Curious to see the details of the new iPhone thats going to be released tomorrow. The design has already been leaked but I cant wait to see the specs!

Offline Anistorm

• Ultimate Member
  • I'm fabulous.
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • HD Channel #: 5367
  • SD Channel #: 214
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #11904 on: June 07, 2010, 01:52:52 AM »
I just realized that this has been my first time posting since... Friday? O_o I'm practically bored. It has been a busy weekend to be honest. I also have been "on the other side" of things. Finals week is this week, and I am so ready.

I can also make this official: Going on vacation starting the 4th of July weekend and the week of July 5 to La Rumorosa and Puerto Penasco, Mexico. I'm heading to La Rumorosa for a family reunion, and to Puerto Penasco just to relax there for the week. I'm excited.. it's going to be an awesome summer. Word of warning: I will not bring my laptop with me this time. :(

Curious to see the details of the new iPhone thats going to be released tomorrow. The design has already been leaked but I cant wait to see the specs!

omgomgomg I know! My friends and I can't wait for it either!
hi~ I'm Anistorm.
I'm not a girl, nor a woman. I am a lady.
Member since 2008.
I like thunderstorms.
I'm a moderator at another forum, so my
activity is not as awesome as you think.
Ask for my skype, tumblr and/or twitter.

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Norfolk Weather Station
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 724
  • HD WxStar ID #: 029745
  • SD Channel #: 24
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22568
« Reply #11905 on: June 07, 2010, 01:59:20 AM »
I just realized that this has been my first time posting since... Friday? O_o I'm practically bored. It has been a busy weekend to be honest. I also have been "on the other side" of things. Finals week is this week, and I am so ready.

I can also make this official: Going on vacation starting the 4th of July weekend and the week of July 5 to La Rumorosa and Puerto Penasco, Mexico. I'm heading to La Rumorosa for a family reunion, and to Puerto Penasco just to relax there for the week. I'm excited.. it's going to be an awesome summer. Word of warning: I will not bring my laptop with me this time. :(

omgomgomg I know! My friends and I can't wait for it either!
Good luck on the finals! Sounds like its going to be a fun summer! :) Hope I am invited haha

I really need a phone upgrade. 2 years on the same device is a bit old. Hope we see some cool things tomorrow

Offline Mike M

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #11906 on: June 07, 2010, 06:15:31 AM »
I just got my current phone, a Blackberry Pearl flip, last summer and it's already getting old after all this competition with the Droids and iPhones. lol. My contract isn't up on this phone until next year so I'll probably wait to upgrade until then. By then the iPhone on Verizon should be out. :yes:

Offline jtmal0723

• Jesse T. Maloney
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan, 1998 - present
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
« Reply #11907 on: June 07, 2010, 07:25:47 AM »
I just got my current phone, a Blackberry Pearl flip, last summer and it's already getting old after all this competition with the Droids and iPhones. lol. My contract isn't up on this phone until next year so I'll probably wait to upgrade until then. By then the iPhone on Verizon should be out. :yes:
Don't hold your breath on that one... Rumor has it, AT&T and Apple may extend their exclusivity agreement.

Offline beanboy89

• Ultimate Member
  • Caulk the wagons and float!
    • View Profile
    • http://billy.mozfaq.org/
  • SD Channel #: 53
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22608
« Reply #11908 on: June 07, 2010, 09:35:09 AM »
I really need a phone upgrade. 2 years on the same device is a bit old. Hope we see some cool things tomorrow
You spoiled kids these days. My last phone I had for four years before I finally got a upgrade. :bleh:
My super-awesome website!
[00:45] <SpringRubberMB> I wear a condom everywhere I go!

phw115wvwx

« Reply #11909 on: June 07, 2010, 02:11:50 PM »
You spoiled kids these days. My last phone I had for four years before I finally got a upgrade. :bleh:
You're all spoiled. :P  I still use my cell phone from six years ago!  I'm only now considering in getting a new one when I start my job as I've had hardly any need to use it beforehand.