June 06, 2024, 07:24:09 PM

Author Topic: The Front Porch  (Read 1788612 times)

phw115wvwx

Re: The Front Porch
« Reply #11745 on: May 25, 2010, 12:15:33 AM »
Well, I'm back home in WV really early as I already found and signed the contract to a nice 2-bedroom apartment in Blacksburg where the gas heat was even included in the rent.  I'll be making the official move sometime during the last ten days of June.
That's awesome, Patrick! Glad that you were able to find an apartment so quickly.
They were filling up fast from Virginia Tech students for this fall, so I had to be quick.  I'll be getting Comcast as it monopolizes the area, and satellite is too cumbersome due to restrictions with mounting the dishes in the complex.  Thankfully, Comcast gives a $20 discount for high-speed internet to everyone in the apartment complex I picked, so I'll learn to live with it even though no TWC HD exists there.

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Norfolk Weather Station
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 724
  • HD WxStar ID #: 029745
  • SD Channel #: 24
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22568
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
« Reply #11746 on: May 25, 2010, 02:11:15 AM »
Two good news that make me happy today:
I passed all the TAKS (Texas Assessment of Knowledge and Skills) tests (writing, reading, math), :happy: which means I will be passing to 8th grade. Writing was very easy. The calculator help me pass math.
I got student of the month (the first time since December 2004). Now I don't need to be jealous of my friends (the one I usually hang out and got SOTM) anymore.
Congrats!! :)

Offline Mike M

• Weatherscan Contributor
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #11747 on: May 25, 2010, 06:33:53 AM »
Glad to see you found an apartment Patrick. :) Hope all goes well with the move.

Offline Anistorm

• Ultimate Member
  • I'm fabulous.
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • HD Channel #: 5367
  • SD Channel #: 214
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #11748 on: May 25, 2010, 09:04:40 AM »
Well, I'm back home in WV really early as I already found and signed the contract to a nice 2-bedroom apartment in Blacksburg where the gas heat was even included in the rent.  I'll be making the official move sometime during the last ten days of June.
That's awesome, Patrick! Glad that you were able to find an apartment so quickly.
They were filling up fast from Virginia Tech students for this fall, so I had to be quick.  I'll be getting Comcast as it monopolizes the area, and satellite is too cumbersome due to restrictions with mounting the dishes in the complex.  Thankfully, Comcast gives a $20 discount for high-speed internet to everyone in the apartment complex I picked, so I'll learn to live with it even though no TWC HD exists there.

omghai Patrick!  :wave: Glad to see you're finally back, and finally found an apartment!  :happy:
hi~ I'm Anistorm.
I'm not a girl, nor a woman. I am a lady.
Member since 2008.
I like thunderstorms.
I'm a moderator at another forum, so my
activity is not as awesome as you think.
Ask for my skype, tumblr and/or twitter.

Offline wxntrafficfan

• The official "In front of the scenes" STAR Insider
  • Ultimate Member
  • I decide what I wear; the weather does not
    • View Profile
    • My youtube channel
  • HD Channel #: 245
  • SD Channel #: 36
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22840
« Reply #11749 on: May 25, 2010, 12:37:02 PM »
So glad the seemingly eternal search is over Patrick! Adding to your optimism, Comcast gives "new" customers a much cheaper rate for the first year of service. For almost two years, my dad got away with a cheaper rate because he kept moving.

Also, the advanced class (TV Media) had our first meeting this morning, as it was decided who would do what for the end of the year announcements (pretty much a precursor to next year's announcements). They're done after the seniors are gone (their last day this year is a week from this Thursday). I am of course going to do my own weather segment on it, and everyone there knew I would :P
I will make sure to ask to be the one who uploads it to youtube on the Vision's channel. Either way, we're looking at most likely either next Friday (the 4th) or the following Monday (the 7th) for carrying it out. I will make sure to share the video with all :)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 06:33:55 PM by wxntrafficfan »
TWC in...
Lansing: Comcast, Channel 36, STAR ID 22840
E. Lansing: Comcast, Channel 40, STAR ID 22842
Lansing Area: Broadstripe, Channel 40, STAR ID 25349
Current STAR count: 32. Be sure to see my channel for links to all the uploads!

"Until you have lived with all of them in there with you day after day, week after week, year after frikkin year... you are in no position to judge me!" -Debra Barone, Everybody Loves Raymond

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
« Reply #11750 on: May 25, 2010, 06:35:32 PM »
Congrats bud!!!!  :twothumbs: Glad to see things improving for ya.

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
« Reply #11751 on: May 25, 2010, 09:06:28 PM »
I don't know if it's just me because my internet's been having problems on and off today, but has there been a lot of "An Error Has Occurred" 's for anyone else on the forums today? :unsure:
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline Anistorm

• Ultimate Member
  • I'm fabulous.
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • HD Channel #: 5367
  • SD Channel #: 214
« Reply #11752 on: May 25, 2010, 09:14:22 PM »
I don't know if it's just me because my internet's been having problems on and off today, but has there been a lot of "An Error Has Occurred" 's for anyone else on the forums today? :unsure:

I've gotten a couple "Connection Problems" on here, but none of what you mentioned, Zach.
hi~ I'm Anistorm.
I'm not a girl, nor a woman. I am a lady.
Member since 2008.
I like thunderstorms.
I'm a moderator at another forum, so my
activity is not as awesome as you think.
Ask for my skype, tumblr and/or twitter.

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11753 on: May 26, 2010, 12:38:56 AM »
Error logs seem normal to me. Just a few hits here and there.

Offline gt1racerlHDl

• Music Playlist Uploader
  • Ultimate Member
  • Smooth Jazz Fan
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 847
  • HD WxStar ID #: N/A
  • SD Channel #: 47
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22622
  • WxScan Ch. #: 245
  • WxScan ID #: 20735
« Reply #11754 on: May 26, 2010, 01:43:54 PM »
New Highs for Southern New England

Fall River: 96

Taunton: 94

New Bedford: 95

Providence, RI: 92

Wareham 92

96 in Fall River, MA

95 in New Bedford, MA

« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 03:09:34 PM by Gt1racer47HD »

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11755 on: May 26, 2010, 04:52:14 PM »
Error logs seem normal to me. Just a few hits here and there.
Here's some snapshots to what I'm talking about. Dunno why I didn't Print Screen the computer ones. :P Mobile ones are on my DSi.
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11756 on: May 26, 2010, 04:55:07 PM »
I see no errors or issues on our side. I haven't experienced any of those errors

phw115wvwx

« Reply #11757 on: May 26, 2010, 05:23:51 PM »
Zach, it makes me wonder if those errors refer to your internet provider's server.  I haven't experienced any of these errors either.

TWCZach

« Reply #11758 on: May 26, 2010, 05:58:19 PM »
Zach, it makes me wonder if those errors refer to your internet provider's server.  I haven't experienced any of these errors either.
Patrick, this is Zach. It has to be something with my account because I can browse the forums just fine when I am logged out.

Offline jtmal0723

• Jesse T. Maloney
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan, 1998 - present
    • View Profile
« Reply #11759 on: May 26, 2010, 07:31:49 PM »
Patrick, this is Zach. It has to be something with my account because I can browse the forums just fine when I am logged out.
Looking in to it.... check back for an update.

UPDATE: I've gone through your profile on both forum and database side, there are no anomolies. There aren't even enough visits at the same time to even spring that kind of an error, so something is definitely up on your end.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 07:36:27 PM by jtmal0723 »