June 06, 2024, 05:49:58 PM

Author Topic: The Front Porch  (Read 1788441 times)

Offline hen7713

• Blue Box
  • I write code.
    • View Profile
  • SD Channel #: 64
  • SD WxStar ID #: 24688
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: The Front Porch
« Reply #10635 on: September 05, 2009, 12:37:21 PM »
Durring POST the laptop makes a beep, then shuts off.

Offline jtmal0723

• Jesse T. Maloney
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan, 1998 - present
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
« Reply #10636 on: September 06, 2009, 12:18:30 AM »
Durring POST the laptop makes a beep, then shuts off.
that could be a number of things.... But to help us narrow it down... how long is the beep? is there more than one beep?

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
« Reply #10637 on: September 06, 2009, 11:33:29 AM »
My internet connection is bugging me lately. BTW, my computer now asks me to install updates every day now whenever I shut it down. Why does it require me to do this? I have all the latest updates installed and yet it keeps asking me to continue installing them, it's annoying.

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #10638 on: September 06, 2009, 11:36:52 AM »
My internet connection is bugging me lately.
Must be a Verizon thing because mine has been going in and out today. <_<
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline gt1racerlHDl

• Music Playlist Uploader
  • Ultimate Member
  • Smooth Jazz Fan
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 847
  • HD WxStar ID #: N/A
  • SD Channel #: 47
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22622
  • WxScan Ch. #: 245
  • WxScan ID #: 20735
« Reply #10639 on: September 06, 2009, 06:15:49 PM »
My internet connection is bugging me lately. BTW, my computer now asks me to install updates every day now whenever I shut it down. Why does it require me to do this? I have all the latest updates installed and yet it keeps asking me to continue installing them, it's annoying.

You can easily Turn this off by going in your control panel and go to update and there should be a way to turn off automatic updates or just notify you without installing them on your xp or vista machine

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 832
  • SD Channel #: 32
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22204
  • WxScan Ch. #: 212
« Reply #10640 on: September 06, 2009, 06:22:54 PM »

You can easily Turn this off by going in your control panel and go to update and there should be a way to turn off automatic updates or just notify you without installing them on your xp or vista machine

Yeah, I been getting these messages lately from Windows too when I shut down my computer. Sometimes I click on the link that says something like shutting down w/o updates and I ignore them or I just let it install the updates then shut down.

My Video Gaming YouTube Channel
NintenGamers Nation
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAi4m_Snvp3b4Vn13_Ir3rA

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10641 on: September 06, 2009, 09:20:49 PM »

Yeah, I been getting these messages lately from Windows too when I shut down my computer. Sometimes I click on the link that says something like shutting down w/o updates and I ignore them or I just let it install the updates then shut down.
i kno, but this happens every few weeks, now it asks me everyday.

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10642 on: September 06, 2009, 09:30:47 PM »

i kno, but this happens every few weeks, now it asks me everyday.

That is strange that it would do it every day. :thinking: How many updates does it do each day, though? Is it just 1 or several? :unsure:

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10643 on: September 06, 2009, 09:38:43 PM »
typically 1.

Offline tpirfan28

• Ultimate Member
  • Site Designer Extraordinare!
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 270
  • SD Channel #: 57
« Reply #10644 on: September 06, 2009, 09:56:43 PM »
Do a full update of your PC when you have a spare half-hour or so.  And install all updates.

Offline Anistorm

• Ultimate Member
  • I'm fabulous.
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • HD Channel #: 5367
  • SD Channel #: 214
« Reply #10645 on: September 07, 2009, 02:46:17 AM »
Testing out my aunt's iPhone here. Ugh its making me not want one now because its soo hard to write this post!!! :wacko:
hi~ I'm Anistorm.
I'm not a girl, nor a woman. I am a lady.
Member since 2008.
I like thunderstorms.
I'm a moderator at another forum, so my
activity is not as awesome as you think.
Ask for my skype, tumblr and/or twitter.

phw115wvwx

« Reply #10646 on: September 07, 2009, 11:25:04 AM »
My family and I visited the New York State Museum yesterday and saw many art, nature, and historical exhibits about New York.  We took the Albany Aqua Ducks historic tour of Albany on Saturday that featured an amphibious vehicle that went through the downtown streets and floated on the Hudson River.  You can easily find the museum and the historic tour on Google for more information. :thumbsup:

Sadly, my fun time for this holiday weekend is over as my family has already gone back home.  Now, I have to worry over these next several weeks as my apartment lease will soon expire, which means that I'll have to decide whether to stay here in Albany or move back home to WV if I don't hear about a job soon.  I feel that I've been waiting for many of the hiring officials to come back from their vacations as I haven't heard anything in weeks now. :(

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Norfolk Weather Station
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 724
  • HD WxStar ID #: 029745
  • SD Channel #: 24
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22568
« Reply #10647 on: September 07, 2009, 09:32:21 PM »
Goodbye summer vacation. Where did you go?

Offline Anistorm

• Ultimate Member
  • I'm fabulous.
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • HD Channel #: 5367
  • SD Channel #: 214
« Reply #10648 on: September 07, 2009, 09:51:22 PM »
Here's an embarassing moment by me: Yesterday I went to to the park with my cousins and I also took my niece with me. Me and my 14 year old cousin wanted to go on the seesaw so we did, it was okay...until I went up high and fell off. I kinda lost control using the see saw. I didnt break any bones or bruise anything, but I did feel embarassed to see everyone laughing...ugh  :pinch:

In other news, I have an announcement to make. On the week of October 5th I will be on vacation to Ensenada. Yeah, I have to start making some rescheduling because one of my midterms land on that week, so I have to talk to my Computer professor about considering taking the exam early. I also have a couple of events I have to attend courtesy of the Adventure club, will have to cancel them.  :cry3:

Goodbye summer vacation. Where did you go?

Yeah...it left me like 2 weeks ago. my next break would be a three-week Winter Break.

My family and I visited the New York State Museum yesterday and saw many art, nature, and historical exhibits about New York.  We took the Albany Aqua Ducks historic tour of Albany on Saturday that featured an amphibious vehicle that went through the downtown streets and floated on the Hudson River.  You can easily find the museum and the historic tour on Google for more information. :thumbsup:

Sadly, my fun time for this holiday weekend is over as my family has already gone back home.  Now, I have to worry over these next several weeks as my apartment lease will soon expire, which means that I'll have to decide whether to stay here in Albany or move back home to WV if I don't hear about a job soon.  I feel that I've been waiting for many of the hiring officials to come back from their vacations as I haven't heard anything in weeks now. :(

Awesome, sounds like you had a lot of fun!!! But yeah, on the other side, I really hope something turns out.
hi~ I'm Anistorm.
I'm not a girl, nor a woman. I am a lady.
Member since 2008.
I like thunderstorms.
I'm a moderator at another forum, so my
activity is not as awesome as you think.
Ask for my skype, tumblr and/or twitter.

phw115wvwx

« Reply #10649 on: September 08, 2009, 11:42:01 AM »
Hope everyone is doing well in the first days of this new school year.  I'm aware that some of you are just starting this week, so good luck!