June 06, 2024, 05:40:19 PM

Author Topic: The Front Porch  (Read 1788420 times)

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: The Front Porch
« Reply #10350 on: August 10, 2009, 07:50:36 PM »
Another reason why to hate air travel: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_nightmare_flight

Offline wxntrafficfan

• The official "In front of the scenes" STAR Insider
  • Ultimate Member
  • I decide what I wear; the weather does not
    • View Profile
    • My youtube channel
  • HD Channel #: 245
  • SD Channel #: 36
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22840
« Reply #10351 on: August 11, 2009, 02:45:10 PM »
Another reason why to hate air travel: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_nightmare_flight

Yeah, I'm not surprised. I have a feeling my flight to John Wayne/Orange Co Int'l in August 2007 was my last :yes:
TWC in...
Lansing: Comcast, Channel 36, STAR ID 22840
E. Lansing: Comcast, Channel 40, STAR ID 22842
Lansing Area: Broadstripe, Channel 40, STAR ID 25349
Current STAR count: 32. Be sure to see my channel for links to all the uploads!

"Until you have lived with all of them in there with you day after day, week after week, year after frikkin year... you are in no position to judge me!" -Debra Barone, Everybody Loves Raymond

Offline Anistorm

• Ultimate Member
  • I'm fabulous.
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • HD Channel #: 5367
  • SD Channel #: 214
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #10352 on: August 11, 2009, 03:07:38 PM »
Just wanted to let yall know that this weekend I'll be going on a mini vacation to Ensenada, Mexico. Ensenada is a beautiful beach place 2 hours from San Diego (so it would be a 4 hour car ride for us). I'll be spending all Saturday and Sunday there. It's not possible that I will bring my laptop with me, and the hotel I'm staying at has cable TV and a wireless internet cafe. Its been years since I last stepped on a sandy beach, and I will fufill this opportunity this weekend  :happy:
hi~ I'm Anistorm.
I'm not a girl, nor a woman. I am a lady.
Member since 2008.
I like thunderstorms.
I'm a moderator at another forum, so my
activity is not as awesome as you think.
Ask for my skype, tumblr and/or twitter.

Offline ABC7

• Haven't watched TWC in 6 mos.!
  • Puddi Puddi!
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 776
  • SD Channel #: 61
  • SD WxStar ID #: 27669
  • WxStar Version: Junior
« Reply #10353 on: August 11, 2009, 04:40:31 PM »
I always want to go to Mexico. I hope you have a lot of fun.

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10354 on: August 11, 2009, 05:00:17 PM »
Just wanted to let yall know that this weekend I'll be going on a mini vacation to Ensenada, Mexico. Ensenada is a beautiful beach place 2 hours from San Diego (so it would be a 4 hour car ride for us). I'll be spending all Saturday and Sunday there. It's not possible that I will bring my laptop with me, and the hotel I'm staying at has cable TV and a wireless internet cafe. Its been years since I last stepped on a sandy beach, and I will fufill this opportunity this weekend  :happy:
Sounds very fun! I hope you have a splendid trip.

Offline Mike M

• Weatherscan Contributor
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #10355 on: August 11, 2009, 05:16:04 PM »
Yeah, I have no intention to take a flight again. Only did it twice, in 2000 and 2005, and was not a good experience.

Have fun, Ana!  :wave: B)

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10356 on: August 11, 2009, 05:22:28 PM »
I seriously don't get as to why people start school so freakin' early. :blink: Who would want to go to school in such hot weather? Most schools in the Southeast have school starting this week. In the Northeast, most people go to school in September. I can understand going to school in the end of August but in the first week while in "full summer mode" doesn't seem right. :no:

Offline Mike M

• Weatherscan Contributor
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #10357 on: August 11, 2009, 05:46:57 PM »
I seriously don't get as to why people start school so freakin' early. :blink: Who would want to go to school in such hot weather? Most schools in the Southeast have school starting this week. In the Northeast, most people go to school in September. I can understand going to school in the end of August but in the first week while in "full summer mode" doesn't seem right. :no:
Agreed. IMO, all schools should start the day after Labor Day.

Offline wxntrafficfan

• The official "In front of the scenes" STAR Insider
  • Ultimate Member
  • I decide what I wear; the weather does not
    • View Profile
    • My youtube channel
  • HD Channel #: 245
  • SD Channel #: 36
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22840
« Reply #10358 on: August 11, 2009, 05:50:29 PM »
Agreed here too. In Michigan, it is state law now that school must start the day after Labor Day unless a contract stating otherwise is in place.
TWC in...
Lansing: Comcast, Channel 36, STAR ID 22840
E. Lansing: Comcast, Channel 40, STAR ID 22842
Lansing Area: Broadstripe, Channel 40, STAR ID 25349
Current STAR count: 32. Be sure to see my channel for links to all the uploads!

"Until you have lived with all of them in there with you day after day, week after week, year after frikkin year... you are in no position to judge me!" -Debra Barone, Everybody Loves Raymond

Offline CartoonJazzLover

• Ultimate Member
  • Former TWC Fan (2003-2011)
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Charter
  • SD Channel #: 52
« Reply #10359 on: August 11, 2009, 05:52:37 PM »
Agreed as well.

Offline Anistorm

• Ultimate Member
  • I'm fabulous.
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • HD Channel #: 5367
  • SD Channel #: 214
« Reply #10360 on: August 11, 2009, 05:56:27 PM »

The last time I started school after Labor Day was in 8th grade, but the bad part was that summer vacation was pushed forward (getting out from school around June 20 and beyond). When I entered high school, and also college, school starts in the last week of August, and I'm pretty much okay with that. I would rather get out of school around the first or 2nd week of June rather than at the end of June.
hi~ I'm Anistorm.
I'm not a girl, nor a woman. I am a lady.
Member since 2008.
I like thunderstorms.
I'm a moderator at another forum, so my
activity is not as awesome as you think.
Ask for my skype, tumblr and/or twitter.

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10361 on: August 11, 2009, 06:09:47 PM »

I know; I was shocked when Heather said on DP today that schools in Memphis and New Orleans were already in session! That's early! :blink:

Texas has passed a law requiring all public schools to start absolutely no earlier than the last week in August. :yes: I wouldn't mind starting after Labor Day, but that means getting out real late in June. I wouldn't like that. :no:

BTW, since Labor Day is the latest it can possibly be this year, what days are NE schools starting? :unsure:

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10362 on: August 11, 2009, 06:13:24 PM »
My local high school don't start school until Mid September and school ends at like the end of June. The seniors in my high school start on Sept 4th and get out on the 4th week of May. That sounds like a better schedule IMO.

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 832
  • SD Channel #: 32
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22204
  • WxScan Ch. #: 212
« Reply #10363 on: August 11, 2009, 07:37:40 PM »

They haven't had the first day of school start in September since the 90's here when my sister was in school. They are ripping us off of a summer vacation because were technically getting out in Late Spring (May) and going back during the peak of summer (August) Don't they know how to look at a calander? :rolleyes: I rather be out from June to September, I wish they could realize that would be much better.

My Video Gaming YouTube Channel
NintenGamers Nation
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAi4m_Snvp3b4Vn13_Ir3rA

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
« Reply #10364 on: August 11, 2009, 07:39:47 PM »
I'm out from early June through late August. I'd rather get in school in September. :thumbdown:
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~