June 06, 2024, 06:30:11 PM

Author Topic: The Front Porch  (Read 1788521 times)

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Norfolk Weather Station
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 724
  • HD WxStar ID #: 029745
  • SD Channel #: 24
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22568
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: The Front Porch
« Reply #10335 on: August 09, 2009, 12:01:34 AM »
Wanted to let everyone know that August is a tough month for me and I might not be as enthusiastic or around as much. I do apologize. If you contact me and I dont respond, Im not ignoring you. More than likely i havent check my IM/Messages. Please send me another message. Thank you for understanding

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #10336 on: August 09, 2009, 11:31:35 AM »
Wanted to let everyone know that August is a tough month for me and I might not be as enthusiastic or around as much. I do apologize. If you contact me and I dont respond, Im not ignoring you. More than likely i havent check my IM/Messages. Please send me another message. Thank you for understanding

That's definetely understandable, Martin. :) I think August is a busy month for almost everyone...with the start of school just around the corner and other big events underway, it's a wonder how we will have to time to even access the internet. :yes:

Offline Anistorm

• Ultimate Member
  • I'm fabulous.
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • HD Channel #: 5367
  • SD Channel #: 214
« Reply #10337 on: August 09, 2009, 01:56:39 PM »

That's definetely understandable, Martin. :) I think August is a busy month for almost everyone...with the start of school just around the corner and other big events underway, it's a wonder how we will have to time to even access the internet. :yes:

Yeah...and I'm entering a crucial part of my softball season. And my sophomore year in college is around the corner (August 24). I'm also taking a small vacation next weekend and it's not possible that I will take my laptop with me (I will take PSP) (and will explain this as the days come).

Martin, I understand. You take your time. :)
hi~ I'm Anistorm.
I'm not a girl, nor a woman. I am a lady.
Member since 2008.
I like thunderstorms.
I'm a moderator at another forum, so my
activity is not as awesome as you think.
Ask for my skype, tumblr and/or twitter.

Offline wxntrafficfan

• The official "In front of the scenes" STAR Insider
  • Ultimate Member
  • I decide what I wear; the weather does not
    • View Profile
    • My youtube channel
  • HD Channel #: 245
  • SD Channel #: 36
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22840
« Reply #10338 on: August 09, 2009, 04:05:02 PM »
I know this is random, but I finally got my first heat advisory of the season. It's about time. However, it was extremely difficult to mow the lawn earlier, and I am hopefully about to play tennis in a few minutes here.
TWC in...
Lansing: Comcast, Channel 36, STAR ID 22840
E. Lansing: Comcast, Channel 40, STAR ID 22842
Lansing Area: Broadstripe, Channel 40, STAR ID 25349
Current STAR count: 32. Be sure to see my channel for links to all the uploads!

"Until you have lived with all of them in there with you day after day, week after week, year after frikkin year... you are in no position to judge me!" -Debra Barone, Everybody Loves Raymond

Offline gt1racerlHDl

• Music Playlist Uploader
  • Ultimate Member
  • Smooth Jazz Fan
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 847
  • HD WxStar ID #: N/A
  • SD Channel #: 47
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22622
  • WxScan Ch. #: 245
  • WxScan ID #: 20735
« Reply #10339 on: August 09, 2009, 06:40:11 PM »
My Area is going to be Steaming Tomorrow expected 101 (even though twc says 92) and i can't imagine the heat index maybe enough for a an Excessive heat watch/warning around 111.

Offline Anistorm

• Ultimate Member
  • I'm fabulous.
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • HD Channel #: 5367
  • SD Channel #: 214
« Reply #10340 on: August 09, 2009, 06:45:58 PM »
I know this is random, but I finally got my first heat advisory of the season. It's about time. However, it was extremely difficult to mow the lawn earlier, and I am hopefully about to play tennis in a few minutes here.

Welcome to my world, people.  :devil:  :bleh:
hi~ I'm Anistorm.
I'm not a girl, nor a woman. I am a lady.
Member since 2008.
I like thunderstorms.
I'm a moderator at another forum, so my
activity is not as awesome as you think.
Ask for my skype, tumblr and/or twitter.

Offline Mike M

• Weatherscan Contributor
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #10341 on: August 09, 2009, 07:06:03 PM »
Our excessive heat watch was upgraded to a warning this afternoon as well. That, along with a severe t'storm and flash flood watch, prompted a rarely seen two-page Weather Bulletin on my IntelliStar, which I'll upload in a minute here...
« Last Edit: August 09, 2009, 07:09:55 PM by Mike M »

Offline Evan2015

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • HD Channel #: 549
  • HD WxStar ID #: 31471
  • SD Channel #: 49
  • SD WxStar ID #: 31471
  • WxScan Ch. #: 19
  • WxScan ID #: 20271
« Reply #10342 on: August 10, 2009, 05:51:02 AM »
Just completed the Vista to 7 Transition!

Offline kpetree10

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • HD Channel #: 619
  • HD WxStar ID #: 99910
  • SD Channel #: 15
  • SD WxStar ID #: 23277
« Reply #10343 on: August 10, 2009, 08:04:41 AM »
Just completed the Vista to 7 Transition!

I'm sticking with XP until I can go and pick up a copy on the store shelf. I tried the beta and loved it but I like where I'm at right now with XP so I'll wait until I can get a version that will last longer than a few months.

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10344 on: August 10, 2009, 06:35:15 PM »
Our excessive heat watch was upgraded to a warning this afternoon as well. That, along with a severe t'storm and flash flood watch, prompted a rarely seen two-page Weather Bulletin on my IntelliStar, which I'll upload in a minute here...

The northeast is finally getting the heat. :yes: Although, what temperature does it have be up in the NE for an Excessive Heat Watch or Warning to be in effect?  :unsure: You guys are talking about 90s, but currently in my area it is 95 with a heat index of 100, and we're not under anything. Tomorrow's supposed to be even worse...heat index near 105 according to TWC.

Ugh, the heat index seems to be bad everywhere lately. :hmm:

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 832
  • SD Channel #: 32
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22204
  • WxScan Ch. #: 212
« Reply #10345 on: August 10, 2009, 06:43:06 PM »

The northeast is finally getting the heat. :yes: Although, what temperature does it have be up in the NE for an Excessive Heat Watch or Warning to be in effect?  :unsure: You guys are talking about 90s, but currently in my area it is 95 with a heat index of 100, and we're not under anything. Tomorrow's supposed to be even worse...heat index near 105 according to TWC.

I been wondering the samething, In Georgia and I'm sure many other southern states only issue Excessive Heat Warnings when it gets near or above 100 degrees, that's how it was when we had 9 straight days of 100+ heat in August 2007.

My Video Gaming YouTube Channel
NintenGamers Nation
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAi4m_Snvp3b4Vn13_Ir3rA

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10346 on: August 10, 2009, 06:49:39 PM »

I been wondering the samething, In Georgia and I'm sure many other southern states only issue Excessive Heat Warnings when it gets near or above 100 degrees, that's how it was when we had 9 straight days of 100+ heat in August 2007.

That's about what the "criteria" is here. :yes: You would think it would be the same for everywhere, but obviously the NE "criteria" for an Excessive Heat Watch or Warning is in the low or mid-90s. :yes:

phw115wvwx

« Reply #10347 on: August 10, 2009, 06:51:59 PM »
Andy and Tavores, the Northeast NWS offices use the criteria that the heat index must be at least 105°F for a minimum of 3 hours to trigger an Excessive Heat Warning.  The Mid-Atlantic and Southeast NWS offices bump that threshold up to a minimum heat index of 110°F for at least 3 hours.

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 832
  • SD Channel #: 32
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22204
  • WxScan Ch. #: 212
« Reply #10348 on: August 10, 2009, 06:57:53 PM »
Andy and Tavores, the Northeast NWS offices use the criteria that the heat index must be at least 105°F for a minimum of 3 hours to trigger an Excessive Heat Warning.  The Mid-Atlantic and Southeast NWS offices bump that threshold up to a minimum heat index of 110°F for at least 3 hours.

That makes since, the highest Heat Index we have had in Atlanta is 105° Everyone from Macon and south into Florida had a lot of days where they were in the 110's.

My Video Gaming YouTube Channel
NintenGamers Nation
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAi4m_Snvp3b4Vn13_Ir3rA

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10349 on: August 10, 2009, 07:08:16 PM »

...And there you have it. :yes: Thanks for the info. Patrick. :)