June 06, 2024, 10:22:00 PM

Author Topic: The Front Porch  (Read 1788877 times)

Offline jtmal0723

• Jesse T. Maloney
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan, 1998 - present
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: The Front Porch
« Reply #10185 on: July 29, 2009, 08:09:49 AM »
So today was the best-but-suddenly-got-worse day ever.

Us Thrillers beat the Hot Shots by a very close game! 7-6. I scored the seventh run when the catcher missed the ball. I totally snuck up to home plate. It is our very first win so far. This Thursday I have a double header. I'm playing against the Brawley Unknowns first, then the Imperial Wildcats.

Also, as the day suddenly gets worse, my phone died. My gatorade immersed it. Idk if I do plan to get a new one this week. My sister might pay me $40 for babysitting the pests this week, plus the $30 my mom *still* owes me. I will have enough to buy a phone. I'm gonna be pretty picky because I want the following features: Instant messaging, video camera, camera, and widescreen. Maybe web-browsing is ok too, but it's not that importante, because I can twitter via text  :bleh:

Congrats on the game! Sorry the rest of your day went so bad...

As for your phone, you have a lot of requirements. Just out of curiosity what phones are you looking at now? What carrier are you with? Are you in the middle of a contract? If you are then I would be prepared with at least $250-$300 or more to get a phone with those kinds of features.
She was on prepaid T-Mobile when the phone died. I told her to try the bag of rice trick, but we won't know the results of that until tonight.

phw115wvwx

« Reply #10186 on: July 29, 2009, 10:07:56 AM »

Us Thrillers beat the Hot Shots by a very close game! 7-6. I scored the seventh run when the catcher missed the ball. I totally snuck up to home plate. It is our very first win so far. This Thursday I have a double header. I'm playing against the Brawley Unknowns first, then the Imperial Wildcats.

Also, as the day suddenly gets worse, my phone died. My gatorade immersed it. Idk if I do plan to get a new one this week. My sister might pay me $40 for babysitting the pests this week, plus the $30 my mom *still* owes me. I will have enough to buy a phone. I'm gonna be pretty picky because I want the following features: Instant messaging, video camera, camera, and widescreen. Maybe web-browsing is ok too, but it's not that importante, because I can twitter via text  :bleh:
Congrats on your first win and scoring the winning run, Ana! :thumbsup:  Hope you can save your phone or be able to replace it without too much trouble.

Offline wxntrafficfan

• The official "In front of the scenes" STAR Insider
  • Ultimate Member
  • I decide what I wear; the weather does not
    • View Profile
    • My youtube channel
  • HD Channel #: 245
  • SD Channel #: 36
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22840
« Reply #10187 on: July 29, 2009, 11:29:30 AM »

Congrats Ana! I can only imagine how much fun you are having with softball :yes:

I hope you can fix or replace your fun without too much trouble. I went a month this summer without the microphone in my phone, and had to have it replaced.
TWC in...
Lansing: Comcast, Channel 36, STAR ID 22840
E. Lansing: Comcast, Channel 40, STAR ID 22842
Lansing Area: Broadstripe, Channel 40, STAR ID 25349
Current STAR count: 32. Be sure to see my channel for links to all the uploads!

"Until you have lived with all of them in there with you day after day, week after week, year after frikkin year... you are in no position to judge me!" -Debra Barone, Everybody Loves Raymond

Offline Jonathan

• View Profile
    • Jonathan Thornton
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • HD Channel #: 214
  • SD Channel #: 214
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #10188 on: July 29, 2009, 08:18:51 PM »
Ana, geez...that is awesome and horrible at the same time.

Tomorrow I will be picking up my monitor at the BB in springfield...departing 4:45 am, home likely in the evening. If we go to st. johns, wifi is available...idk anywhere else. next time you see me i'll probably be on my new monitor.

Offline Anistorm

• Ultimate Member
  • I'm fabulous.
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 5367
« Reply #10189 on: July 30, 2009, 03:02:02 AM »
Thanks for the congrats, (and the advice, Jesskitty). Turns out the bag of rice didnt work :(. And I am now looking at replacing the phone. As of now I have three choices. A: Buy a tracfone (which I REALLY dont want to but it is a possibility) for temporary use, B: Buy another T-Mobile phone (because I adore their service), or C: get my sister to let me have her old LG EnV phone from Verizon and pay her $40 for it. (that's my babysitting money right there). Instant messaging isnt that important now since I learned how to text-IM in standard form. Camera, yes. Muy Importante. I love to twit-pic pictures while I am away.

BTW, you know the GEICO commercials with the stack of money with eyes? Well, I found out who sang that song, and it's a pretty catchy tune! You can even download the song for free on the GEICO website!

hi~ I'm Anistorm.
I'm not a girl, nor a woman. I am a lady.
Member since 2008.
I like thunderstorms.
I'm a moderator at another forum, so my
activity is not as awesome as you think.
Ask for my skype, tumblr and/or twitter.

phw115wvwx

« Reply #10190 on: July 30, 2009, 04:07:01 PM »
I get very annoyed at that song every single time it airs in a commercial.  I'll never have Geico insurance in my life. :bleh:

Offline Anistorm

• Ultimate Member
  • I'm fabulous.
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 5367
« Reply #10191 on: July 30, 2009, 04:24:50 PM »
I get very annoyed at that song every single time it airs in a commercial.  I'll never have Geico insurance in my life. :bleh:

Somebody's watching you, Patrick.  :bleh: :rofl2: j/k
hi~ I'm Anistorm.
I'm not a girl, nor a woman. I am a lady.
Member since 2008.
I like thunderstorms.
I'm a moderator at another forum, so my
activity is not as awesome as you think.
Ask for my skype, tumblr and/or twitter.

Offline wxmediafan

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • SD Channel #: 57
« Reply #10192 on: July 31, 2009, 01:33:45 AM »
 No, I will not save 15 percent or more on car insurance by switching to Geico.  But Ive always loved seeing geico commercials

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Norfolk Weather Station
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 724
  • HD WxStar ID #: 029745
  • SD Channel #: 24
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22568
« Reply #10193 on: July 31, 2009, 02:59:35 AM »
No, I will not save 15 percent or more on car insurance by switching to Geico.  But Ive always loved seeing geico commercials
Same love the commercials but wont get the service

Offline kpetree10

• View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 619
  • HD WxStar ID #: 99910
  • SD Channel #: 15
  • SD WxStar ID #: 23277
« Reply #10194 on: July 31, 2009, 08:31:29 AM »

The cavemen commercials I can't stand. However this commercial I actually like, just for the music. Either way I'll never get Geico either, it's Nationwide for life! They've been really good to me.

phw115wvwx

« Reply #10195 on: July 31, 2009, 10:03:52 AM »
I must be on an island here in terms of opinions as I hate all Geico commercials. :thumbdown:  Give me the Aflac duck any day of the week over that gecko!

Speaking of islands, my area is going underwater as I speak.  I was awaken by my weather radio for a flash flood warning, and it's been pouring here for the past couple hours.  The weather this month has really baffled me as I'm about to witness one of the coldest and wettest Julys ever in Albany's history. :wacko:

Offline Mike M

• Weatherscan Contributor
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #10196 on: July 31, 2009, 12:09:45 PM »
I get very annoyed at that song every single time it airs in a commercial.  I'll never have Geico insurance in my life. :bleh:

The cavemen commercials I can't stand. However this commercial I actually like, just for the music. Either way I'll never get Geico either, it's Nationwide for life! They've been really good to me.
I liked those Geico commercials with the celebrities they showed awhile back, they should get back to those. The cavemen and gecko ones are getting way too old.

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10197 on: July 31, 2009, 12:17:06 PM »
The money you could be saving w/ Geico= :thumbdown:
The gecko ads= :noexpression:
It's so easy, a caveman could do it= :itsok:
The celebrity ones= ftw :biggrin:

Now that's my opinion on the Geico ads, but they don't have reliable service which is why my parents have Allstate. :happy:
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline lfmusiclover

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1990-1999
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Verizon FiOS
  • HD Channel #: 619
  • SD Channel #: 119
« Reply #10198 on: July 31, 2009, 12:37:22 PM »
I've always liked the Geico commercials. They used to have one a few years back where a squirrel crosses the road in front of an oncoming car, causing him to crash, then once on the other side of the road the squirrel high fives another squirrel that was waiting for him. Funniest Geico commercial I've ever seen.

About that song in those recent Geico commercials...did you know that the song was originally sung by a group called Rockwell and Michael Jackson back in the 80's? Yep.  :biggrin:

So...I see we have a new member this morning by the name of bjbarnett. I actually thought at first that it was Bill Barnett, the former administrator of the TWCMB. But it's not him.  :P

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10199 on: July 31, 2009, 12:52:54 PM »
bjbarnett is actually BRANDASHQ5 from Youtube.
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~