April 27, 2024, 05:39:28 PM

Author Topic: Probably My First and Last Topic  (Read 2166 times)

Offline twcfan68

• Fan of TWC 1998-2012
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 1014
  • SD Channel #: 14
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Probably My First and Last Topic
« on: October 06, 2009, 08:46:58 PM »
Hi gang,
Long time no see, eh? Well, I just wanted to say goodbye to everyone here and why I haven't been on much. I'm not sure if all of y'all know, but about three months ago I got in a car wreck which caused me to be absent from the forums for quite a while recovering from the accident. Also, college has been extremely hard and time-consuming so I have little free time. And to make matters worse, just about a month ago, my father passed away of a serious heart attack in the middle of the night, which has had a very huge impact on my life. His death affected me severely not just because he was my father but rather my defender, the person I'd look up to for help, inspiration, laughs, but most importantly, he was my best friend and the man of my life. His death is probably going to have an impact on me for the rest of my life, and it has definitely changed my life forever. Moreover, I'm just going through a very hard time and I honestly don't see myself on the forums much at all anymore. However, my time here has been a blast and I have come to know many of you as good friends and I will always remember and cherish the memories. And Martin, you are doing a fantastic job as a TWCT owner, and you must be very proud to own the forum of such an awesome community of people. You guys are really great, and being on this forum was such an awesome experience for me. Thank you all so much for the ride and I hope I have the time and stamina to come back and visit in the future.   Take care everyone,  :)

~~Christina
« Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 08:52:03 PM by twcfan68 »

Offline Mike M

• Weatherscan Contributor
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
Re: Probably My First and Last Topic
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2009, 08:55:43 PM »
Aw, I'm really sorry to hear about your loss, Christina. :( Losing a family member that close is very hard. You'll be in my thoughts, and best of luck with college as that is far more important than these forums. Please feel free to drop me a PM or if you want to talk :)

-Mike

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 832
  • SD Channel #: 32
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22204
  • WxScan Ch. #: 212
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2009, 09:13:07 PM »
I'm very sorry to hear about the loss of your father Christina and my heart sincerely goes out to you and your family, losing a family member that close and dear to your heart can be very upsetting and painful, I felt the same way about my grandfather when he passed away. I'm sad to hear that you won't be around anymore because your the nicest and most genuine friend I have met here. I hope college gets a little easier for you so you don't become stressed out while your grieving right now. I also wish you the best to you and your future and I hope that someday you may be able to return. :cry: :wave:

My Video Gaming YouTube Channel
NintenGamers Nation
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAi4m_Snvp3b4Vn13_Ir3rA

Offline Robert

• Everyday I'm Shufflin'
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 974
  • SD Channel #: 30
  • WxStar Version: XL
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2009, 09:29:05 PM »
I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your father.  :cry: He sounds like a really great guy. I hope for the very best for your you and your family. It is NEVER easy when you loose a family member. I really hope everything goes okay for you soon. The first year of college is never easy based on what I've heard. I'm really sad that your going. You were a really great part of the TWCT community and a really great friend. I really hope you'll be able to come back later on once things calm down for you. Anyways.. Good luck with college.. I really hope you get through all of this. Take care, Christina! :wave:

Robert

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Norfolk Weather Station
  • HD Channel #: 724
  • HD WxStar ID #: 029745
  • SD Channel #: 24
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22568
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2009, 11:11:47 PM »
Christina

Words can not express the sorrow I feel for you and your family. Last August I also lost my father. He was really everything in my life. As a stay at home parent, my father was not only my mentor but best friend. He passed away suddenly without any warning. The autopsy never showed anything wrong. It must feel like the biggest shock of your life. I certainly know the feeling. Time will help with the pain. The pain will never go away, you will just learn how to deal with it. I'm so sorry to hear about the other incidents in your life. All of this coming down on you must feel awful. I've been in a very similar situation with a lot of bad things pouring down on me at the time of my fathers death. You will get through this. If you ever need anything, let me know. We all here are very sorry to see you have to leave. Please visit us sometime to say hi. Things will definitely be busy but sometimes it helps to be with others.

Hang in there. Your father is smiling down at you from heaven. He will always be with you and you will see him again. Thank you for the very kind words too. It means a lot to me.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 11:19:23 PM by Martin »

phw115wvwx

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2009, 12:03:29 AM »
Christina, I'm really sorry to hear about your father passing away. :(  You've had some extremely difficult months lately, and I really hope things turn around for you although it'll certainly take some time.  Please hang in there, and don't be afraid to ask for help if you ever need it.  Better days will come for you and your family.  Good luck with college and your future! :wave:

Offline twcclassics

• Classic TWC Expert
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • TWC Classics
  • Cable Provider: DirecTV
  • HD Channel #: 362
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2009, 12:41:54 AM »
Wow, you've certainly been through a lot. :o I'm so sorry to hear about your father. I remember how much my grandma's death affected me when I was 12. I can't imagine losing a parent at such a young age. That's gotta be really tough. :(
TWC Classics Webmaster
https://twcclassics.com

Offline Anistorm

• Ultimate Member
  • I'm fabulous.
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • HD Channel #: 5367
  • SD Channel #: 214
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2009, 02:02:14 AM »
Very saddened to hear your news, Christina. First your accident, now your father's death. That must be very awful.  :cry: you were an awesome person, as I got to meet you as another TWC fan of my age. I do wish you luck with college, and I send my condolences to you and your family.
hi~ I'm Anistorm.
I'm not a girl, nor a woman. I am a lady.
Member since 2008.
I like thunderstorms.
I'm a moderator at another forum, so my
activity is not as awesome as you think.
Ask for my skype, tumblr and/or twitter.

Offline gt1racerlHDl

• Music Playlist Uploader
  • Ultimate Member
  • Smooth Jazz Fan
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
  • HD Channel #: 847
  • HD WxStar ID #: N/A
  • SD Channel #: 47
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22622
  • WxScan Ch. #: 245
  • WxScan ID #: 20735
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2009, 01:29:01 PM »
I'm very distraught you had to endure that kind of pain Christina, i just hope everything turns around soon so you can visit us again. just remember we are all here for you and my condolences go out to you and your family.

Offline beanboy89

• Ultimate Member
  • Caulk the wagons and float!
    • View Profile
    • http://billy.mozfaq.org/
  • SD Channel #: 53
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22608
  • WxScan Ch. #: 101
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2009, 01:30:19 PM »
Sorry to hear you've been through such hardship the past few months, Christina. There are certainly more important things in life that the internet, so I can understand why you are leaving. I really hope things improve for you very soon.
My super-awesome website!
[00:45] <SpringRubberMB> I wear a condom everywhere I go!

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2009, 02:21:54 PM »
Goodbye :cry: :cry3: :cry: :cry3:

I will always remember the things that you and I have been through. Thank you for sending copies of the emulations that Tavores has made (don't worry, they were lost copies that were given to me in the past :thumbsup:). I would also like to thank you for all of the Pokemon love that you and I have shared. That's one way that I will never forget you. And finally, I am very sorry to hear that your father has passed away. Bless him and you. I would probably be in this same situation if I joined in August 2007 because I had an uncle who passed away in extreme late September 2007 from two strokes. :(

Hopefully you can stop on by in the future. :)

-Zach
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline twcfan68

• Fan of TWC 1998-2012
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 1014
  • SD Channel #: 14
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2009, 06:02:03 PM »
Thank you all very much for your sympathy and understanding. Yeah, these last few months have been very tough but I know I will get through it. Again, I appreciate your support very much. It touches my heart. I will try to visit every now and then when I have the time. Take care you guys!

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2009, 06:06:55 PM »
Take care Christina, you were one of the better newcomers here who showcased a lot of amazing artwork and videos. BTW, your title scared me. When You said "Last topic", I thought you meant you were going to die or something, no offense.