May 14, 2024, 10:56:57 AM

Author Topic: NVidia S-Video TV Output Issue  (Read 1314 times)

Offline cc17926

• Administrator
  • TWC Today Curator
    • View Profile
  • WxStar Version: XL
NVidia S-Video TV Output Issue
« on: November 24, 2009, 05:11:36 AM »
This isn't so much of an issue as a quirk with nvidia cards, but I upgraded the computer that I use to stream my emulator to a newer desktop computer. The issue that I am having on the output is that the graphics card is putting a black border around the "unsafe" area of the screen, leaving the video contents inside border. The emulator relies on taking advantage of the entire screen area, not just the "safe" area. The NVidia graphics tool allows for the border color to be changed, but not removed. So my question is, has anyone experienced such an issue to have found out how to disable the outlying border? Incase anyone wants to examine what is happening, my stream is up, the link in my footer. Thanks to anyone who can share any insight!

Offline BOLT96

• ---
    • View Profile
  • SD Channel #: 51
  • WxScan Ch. #: 101
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: NVidia S-Video TV Output Issue
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2009, 02:20:03 PM »
This isn't so much of an issue as a quirk with nvidia cards, but I upgraded the computer that I use to stream my emulator to a newer desktop computer. The issue that I am having on the output is that the graphics card is putting a black border around the "unsafe" area of the screen, leaving the video contents inside border. The emulator relies on taking advantage of the entire screen area, not just the "safe" area. The NVidia graphics tool allows for the border color to be changed, but not removed. So my question is, has anyone experienced such an issue to have found out how to disable the outlying border? Incase anyone wants to examine what is happening, my stream is up, the link in my footer. Thanks to anyone who can share any insight!
Not sure if this will solve your problem but try Right-click (Desktop) > Properties > Settings > Advanced > (Your graphics card tab). Then in this tab you should see two options, "Use Display Adapter Scaling" and "Use Centered Output". Check "Use Display Adapter Scaling" and see if that helps.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 05:54:49 PM by BOLT96 »

Offline cc17926

• Administrator
  • TWC Today Curator
    • View Profile
  • WxStar Version: XL
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2009, 12:51:52 AM »
thank you for the advice, however my options do not have settings for that particular item. :(

Offline BOLT96

• ---
    • View Profile
  • SD Channel #: 51
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2009, 01:09:26 AM »
thank you for the advice, however my options do not have settings for that particular item. :(
Hmm...can you post a screenshot of your graphics card tab?

Offline narunetto

• View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 706
  • SD Channel #: 78
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2009, 02:24:45 AM »
In mine, I don't remember exactly it is but, you can zoom in and out in the TV Settings area. That's how I've solved that before.