May 02, 2024, 01:19:40 PM

Author Topic: Mac Discussion  (Read 29338 times)

Offline lfmusiclover

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1990-1999
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Verizon FiOS
  • HD Channel #: 619
  • SD Channel #: 119
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Mac Discussion
« Reply #225 on: March 29, 2008, 12:27:26 PM »
That's an extremely inaccurate percentage. You may not realize, but lots of things today are made using macs. Take movies for example. 99% made on Mac. same with music, TV, etc.

And guess what? Those Mac's are used by less than a percent of our country's total population.

Offline beanboy89

• Ultimate Member
  • Caulk the wagons and float!
    • View Profile
    • http://billy.mozfaq.org/
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • SD Channel #: 53
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22608
  • WxScan Ch. #: 101
Re: Mac Discussion
« Reply #226 on: March 29, 2008, 12:40:15 PM »
That's an extremely inaccurate percentage. You may not realize, but lots of things today are made using macs. Take movies for example. 99% made on Mac. same with music, TV, etc.

And guess what? Those Mac's are used by less than a percent of our country's total population.
Exactly. Macs have such an insignificant market share... My question is if Macs were so good, then why don't more people use them?
My super-awesome website!
[00:45] <SpringRubberMB> I wear a condom everywhere I go!

Offline Gil

• Tool Man
  • Ultimate Member
  • Welcome to Macintosh
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: March 29, 2008, 12:49:01 PM »
lol. more and more people switch to mac every single day, because they are fed up with the PC-Microsoft B.S. Kudos to them.
~TWC forum member since 2005~
"It is hard to do positive things with ignorance and delusion."

Offline lfmusiclover

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1990-1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: March 29, 2008, 02:36:14 PM »
LOL, I've seen no proof of that. I've seen the PC market continue to get larger and larger, but I've seen no numbers that suggest that the Mac market is growing at any appreciable rate.

At least Billy gets it.

Offline Gil

• Tool Man
  • Ultimate Member
  • Welcome to Macintosh
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: March 29, 2008, 02:41:58 PM »
Oh yeah, and I just suppose Vista did WONDERS to the PC market... :rolleyes:

Offline Al

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: SuddenLink
  • SD Channel #: 02
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22975
« Reply #230 on: March 29, 2008, 02:44:37 PM »
LOL, I've seen no proof of that. I've seen the PC market continue to get larger and larger, but I've seen no numbers that suggest that the Mac market is growing at any appreciable rate.

At least Billy gets it.

well actually, down here many school districts are switching over from Microsoft to macs...just recently my school has been making its transition to all macs, though Microsoft computers are still around campus, they're expected to be gone in the next few months, and defiantly by the beginning of the next school year. SAISD made their transition to macs a while back, many of the students seem to love them.

AHISD again, just made it's decision last year, I'm now learning that students at Alamo Heights JR. School have their own macs issued to them, while us here at the high school don't. kinda stupid, but oh well... though I'm not sure if its just a trial thing, or permanently like that.

Offline lfmusiclover

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1990-1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: March 29, 2008, 03:07:50 PM »

At least Billy gets it.

well actually, down here many school districts are switching over from Microsoft to macs...just recently my school has been making its transition to all macs, though Microsoft computers are still around campus, they're expected to be gone in the next few months, and defiantly by the beginning of the next school year. SAISD made their transition to macs a while back, many of the students seem to love them.

AHISD again, just made it's decision last year, I'm now learning that students at Alamo Heights JR. School have their own macs issued to them, while us here at the high school don't. kinda stupid, but oh well... though I'm not sure if its just a trial thing, or permanently like that.

And again, do you realize how small a number of people that is? A few schools, or a few companies, is but a fraction of the millions of people and schools and companies that make up the population of this country.

Actually Gil, Vista (and all Windows products) have always outsold Apple's OS.

Offline Al

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: SuddenLink
  • SD Channel #: 02
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22975
« Reply #232 on: March 29, 2008, 03:15:43 PM »

At least Billy gets it.

And again, do you realize how small a number of people that is? A few schools, or a few companies, is but a fraction of the millions of people and schools and companies that make up the population of this country.

yes, i do realize that. why do you treat your members as though they are stupid? seriously... i was simply stating that many schools across my area are changing over to macs. sheesh.

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
« Reply #233 on: March 29, 2008, 03:23:08 PM »
As much as i like Apple, Gary is correct.

I have rarely seen establushments using Macs. Only Microsoft

Offline lfmusiclover

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1990-1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: March 29, 2008, 03:28:37 PM »

At least Billy gets it.

yes, i do realize that. why do you treat your members as though they are stupid? seriously... i was simply stating that many schools across my area are changing over to macs. sheesh.

I'm highly offended that you feel that I do that.  :o

Offline Gil

• Tool Man
  • Ultimate Member
  • Welcome to Macintosh
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: March 29, 2008, 03:31:07 PM »

At least Billy gets it.

Outsold? Maybe. Well-received? Absolutely not. The going opinion about Vista is that it sucks. People are pissed off about this. FACT: Vista has provoked more people to buy Macs instead, because they feel ripped off my M.S.

Again, you can't make that kind of assumption, especially with businesses. It entirely depends on what the business is. Accounting/Financial businesses probably wouldn't have Macs. Graphic Design/Film/Music businesses would have nothing but. These types of businesses are increasing too.

I'm done going through this. It's quite obvious what kind of people I'm dealing with here. :rolleyes:

Offline lfmusiclover

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1990-1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: March 29, 2008, 03:53:35 PM »

At least Billy gets it.

Outsold? Maybe. Well-received? Absolutely not. The going opinion about Vista is that it sucks. People are pissed off about this. FACT: Vista has provoked more people to buy Macs instead, because they feel ripped off my M.S.

Again, you can't make that kind of assumption, especially with businesses. It entirely depends on what the business is. Accounting/Financial businesses probably wouldn't have Macs. Graphic Design/Film/Music businesses would have nothing but. These types of businesses are increasing too.

I'm done going through this. It's quite obvious what kind of people I'm dealing with here. :rolleyes:

As it is what kind of people I'm dealing with.

Offline wxmediafan

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • SD Channel #: 57
« Reply #237 on: March 29, 2008, 04:35:36 PM »
My school is almost switched completely over to Mac's.  I guess they are pretty good.  I like using them :yes:

Offline Gil

• Tool Man
  • Ultimate Member
  • Welcome to Macintosh
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: March 29, 2008, 05:58:42 PM »
I completely took apart my iBook today. I took out the dead combo drive, as I just bought a replacement on eBay. I save money by installing it myself. It's interesting how different Macs are from PC's. It's cool. :yes:

Offline tpirfan28

• Ultimate Member
  • Site Designer Extraordinare!
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 270
  • SD Channel #: 57
« Reply #239 on: April 06, 2008, 12:29:26 PM »
I'm looking at a Mac Mini.  Does anyone know how they are?