April 28, 2024, 04:06:37 AM

Author Topic: Local WeatherNation Stations  (Read 3063 times)

Offline jrhtwc

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • HD Channel #: 9348
  • SD Channel #: 214
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Local WeatherNation Stations
« on: August 31, 2014, 09:42:39 PM »
I have a question for all of you of have WN in your towns. Does the WN Stations in other cities have Paid Programming? I know about the required 3 hour Educational Block once a week.  However, about a month ago, it seems like the WN in Milwaukee WI has been overrun by Paid Programming from ONTV4YOU.com. Especially this weekend! Before this weekend, Paid Programming ran during the day 9 to 5 then, 10PM but WN was back before 4AM, Sun to Fri, no WN Sat night. This weekend, there has been more than that. Is WeatherNation making these decisions? Or, is it our station, WIWN?  It seems there’s always been problems with WeatherNation in Milwaukee. It makes it so hard to trust them to keep WN on!

Offline luesjo12

• Weatherscan Contributor
  • Purveyor of Stars
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Time Warner
  • HD Channel #: 211
  • HD WxStar ID #: 35644
Re: Local WeatherNation Stations
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2014, 05:23:17 AM »
It seems as though WeatherNation Itself is running paid programming on its national feed. I was watching the Live Stream and I saw the Local Forecast and after that all I saw was a forecast for the southeast regions which lasted about 5 minutes, then Paid Programming.

Offline Eric

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
Re: Local WeatherNation Stations
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2014, 06:31:45 PM »
That's sad.  If that's the case, if WeatherNation is running infomercials on its national feed, then they've probably found themselves in serious need of cash and they're just trying to drag this out as long as they can before they finally go belly-up.