June 06, 2024, 03:54:58 PM

Author Topic: Casey Anthony trial and verdict  (Read 2196 times)

Offline Lightning

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • www.facebook.com/brian.mearsBMeezy
  • Cable Provider: Charter
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Casey Anthony trial and verdict
« on: July 07, 2011, 06:41:54 PM »
I am surprised  :o that nobody has mentioned in a post or opened a thread about the Casey Anthony trial and verdict. What does everyone think about the verdict of her being acquited rather than found guilty of murdering Caylee, her daughter?
My Classic Weather Channel On YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOSyVIYMf6BcmbZjtYLUYBg

Offline twcclassics

• Classic TWC Expert
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • TWC Classics
  • Cable Provider: DirecTV
  • HD Channel #: 362
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
Re: Casey Anthony trial and verdict
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 07:05:25 PM »
Aside from a few co-workers commenting on the verdict the other day, I don't know anything about it.
TWC Classics Webmaster
https://twcclassics.com

Offline twcfan68

• Fan of TWC 1998-2012
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 1014
  • SD Channel #: 14
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2011, 07:57:55 PM »
I just recently found out about it a few weeks ago. While I think she was guilty of the murder, I have to agree with the jury's verdict to not convict her without indisputable proof. I still don't know the whole story, and I don't think I ever will.

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 832
  • SD Channel #: 32
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22204
  • WxScan Ch. #: 212
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2011, 08:09:28 PM »
I just recently found out about it a few weeks ago. While I think she was guilty of the murder, I have to agree with the jury's verdict to not convict her without indisputable proof. I still don't know the whole story, and I don't think I ever will.

I agree, I thought she was guilty, but since there wasn't enough evidence per-say, they felt there was enough reasonable doubt to say she was innocent. 

My Video Gaming YouTube Channel
NintenGamers Nation
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAi4m_Snvp3b4Vn13_Ir3rA

Offline Jonathan

• View Profile
    • Jonathan Thornton
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • HD Channel #: 214
  • SD Channel #: 214
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2011, 08:46:53 PM »
Honestly, I do understand the jury's decision to find her guilty only on the count of lying to a police officer, as others have stated here. There was a reasonable doubt that it was Casey herself who killed Caylee, and that the death was intentional. As far as we know, it could have been her story that she drowned and Casey's father covered it up. Since the jury couldn't agree on proving her guilty, we need to acknowledge that this is the way our justice system works: innocent until proven guilty.

Personally, I believe that Casey Anthony was guilty of murdering her daughter (yes, intentionally) and should have been guilty on all counts. However, I would rather her have not faced the death penalty. No matter how satisfying that would be to some people, it would not be the correct punishment. Of course, neither the death penalty nor life in prison would have brought Caylee back, but I believe life in prison would have been more appropriate. Let her sit in jail and think about what she probably did.

Offline Bryan

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • SD Channel #: 47
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2011, 09:27:11 PM »
Guilty, no doubt in my mind. 

Offline Bryan

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2011, 09:28:55 PM »
Honestly, I do understand the jury's decision to find her guilty only on the count of lying to a police officer, as others have stated here. There was a reasonable doubt that it was Casey herself who killed Caylee, and that the death was intentional. As far as we know, it could have been her story that she drowned and Casey's father covered it up. Since the jury couldn't agree on proving her guilty, we need to acknowledge that this is the way our justice system works: innocent until proven guilty.

Personally, I believe that Casey Anthony was guilty of murdering her daughter (yes, intentionally) and should have been guilty on all counts. However, I would rather her have not faced the death penalty. No matter how satisfying that would be to some people, it would not be the correct punishment. Of course, neither the death penalty nor life in prison would have brought Caylee back, but I believe life in prison would have been more appropriate. Let her sit in jail and think about what she probably did.
Three meals a day, free doctor care, ect.  Who payes for that?  Would have had it better than quite a few people today.   :hammer:

Offline Bryan

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2011, 02:32:47 PM »
Obviously she had no remorse.  IMO, sitting in prison would have been a picnick.

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2011, 02:40:33 PM »
She's clearly guilty, god knows why she just won't confess and tell the truth.